Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In 2/6

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day? 

Re: PGAL Check-In 2/6

• How far along are you? 4weeks

How big is baby? Poppysead

Appointments this week? Hopefully today for blood work

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally I'm excites but more nervous

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? To be able to see something on ultr sound and hear a heart beat this time

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day? No
  • How far along are you? 34w3d

How big is baby
    ? Butternut Squash

Appointments this week
    ? Next appointment is the 16th. Have to get the StrepB test - not looking forward to that. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically
    ? It's been a rough week... My hormones/emotions seem to have hit an all-time peak this week... Also, everything hurts. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to
    ? Full term! Also, on Thursday I am having a work shower! I have never had a shower before... Even though this is our first baby, all my family is out of state and I was feeling a little sad that I wouldn't be able to have a shower... When work surprised me by asking if they could have one for me, I nearly cried. I'm excitedly nervous about my tiny little shower coming up!

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Stairs are currently the bane of my existence. In happier news, my students thought it would be funny to by me a 3 foot grabber stick thing to pick up things off the floor since I'm having trouble bending down. While I find it hilarious, it also been WAY more helpful than I would have thought... Putting on my shoes just got so much easier lol!

GTKY: Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day
    ? I have my anniversary to celebrate my love with DH - so VDay is my day to celebrate non-romantic love. I always bake my dad something special and bring in treats for my coworkers and students.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?  30 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    Zuccini or half a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. Or about three pounds. 

Appointments this week? 
    Regular ob check Friday. Meeting the one doctor at my practice that I haven't yet. 

Emotionally a lot more stable than last week. Last week I was a mess and just being illogical about how we weren't ready for baby yet. I think it was a coping thing. When I'm stressed I want to take control, and feeling so worried about DH being really sick and everything going on at work, I was overwhelmed. This week I'm doing a lot better and feeling more excited. Physically, the heartburn and fatigue is intense. 

Today is a pretty cool milestone. 3/4 of the way there! Otherwise, I guess full term is the next one. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I'm excited to see that some things have been bought off my registry. I really didn't think anyone would use it, but I'm glad to see people seeing what I really need and buying that. Though I'm sure I'll still get lots of things I don't need at my showers. But I'm grateful either way. 

I don't think we've thought about it, though DH told me he bought me something. He's so good about that and I'm horrible. I may just have to buy him candy, but after going through mono, I'm not sure I want to hurt his immune system more with sugar..... otherwise, v-day is the anniversary of when I fell for him (though he took a few more months to get to the same place. Lol), so it's special in that regard. Sometimes we go out to eat but I'm fine with staying in. 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 I love that you use v-day to love on others. That's really sweet. 
    Also, my family is scattered and I didn't think I'd get one either, but I've had some friends working on a small virtual shower for me, and my work is also throwing me a little shower. I love that kind of surprise too--hope yours is fun! 

@nalex420 let us know how your blood work goes! I hope your doc will give you an early ultrasound in a couple weeks or so too. 
  • How far along are you? 15w6d

How big is baby? 
    Today an orange but tomorrow, my fave, an avocado!

Appointments this week? 
    None

Physically I'm dealing with a cold (thanks, DH) but feeling great other than that which makes me really nervous. This is the longest I've had to go between appointments and the crazy in my head is definitely coming out.

Next appointment 2/23 or maybe some flutters!

Rants/Raves/Questions:

My DH and I alternate planning by year and this year is mine. We are doing a dinner out actually ON V-day which is different for us. Normally we celebrate by cooking at home that weekend before. Excited to try a new place!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • emgem819emgem819 member
    edited February 2017
    Hi ladies!  Honestly I'm scared to death to post on this board as I'm so early along and haven't had my first ultrasound yet, butI could use the support from other PGAL ladies so here goes!
    How far along are you?  5 weeks, six days

How big is baby size of a pomegranate seed

Appointments this week?
    Next week--first ultrasound on 2/16

So nervous emotionally that things won't work out and this one will end in a m/c also, physically have almost no symptoms of pregnancy, but have been super sick with a bad cold this past week so that hasn't been fun:)  Worried because I don't have nausea yet and last pregnancy MS started about week 5.

Making it to the first ultrasound and possibly being able to hear the heartbeat!

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    PGAL brain is brutal :(

Not yet but will probably go out to eat with DH if we can.  We love this Japenese hibachi restaurant near us and we haven't been in forever, so maybe this should be our night out to celebrate!

Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome @emgem819! Congrats on the tiny bean. Glad you have an appointment soon, and thoughts and prayers while you're early on. PGAL brain is the worst so feel free to share as much as you like with those of us who have been there and are there! Remember every pregnancy is different. My MS didn't hit until 7 weeks, went away at nine, and came back af 10 with a vengeance. Ha. 
  • Thanks @HGRich definitely helpful to know I'm not the only one with the awful PGAL brain!  Also comforting is the "every pregnancy is different" motto which I have to keep saying to myself as well.  I can't say I want MS to happen since it was awful when it did but at least it might give me some reassurance.  So happy for you that your rainbow baby is coming soon!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited February 2017
    Welcome to the board, @emgem819!!! We hope to keep you here for 8 more months or so! I think @HGRich said it best already. The PGAL brain is brutal but that's what we are hear for! Rant and rave to your heart's content about the awful PGAL anxiety because we can all relate. I'm hoping and praying for your rainbow baby! 
  • Welcome @emgem819! PP sum it up well regarding PGAL brain - it's gross. I do want to add that, and I didn't really believe this before it happened to me, every pregnancy is so independent. With my 1st (and my loss) I had constant heartburn - CONSTANT - and this pregnancy, I'm 16w, I haven't had it once. There are definite other differences too. It is so much easier said than done but try not compare this time to last time. You'll drive yourself crazy. FX we keep you around for the next 9 months!
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • How far along are you?  30w4d

How big is baby?  
    The size of a motorcycle helmet; or 65th percentile (per recent ultrasound)

Appointments this week?
    None...(a much needed break)

Ready to be done.

Delivery, I suppose. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    GD Sucks, especially when you give it your all, and your numbers don't cooperate.  If I can't get my fasting #'s under control, it looks like they will put me on medicine, and with that comes 2 non-stress test each week. 

No, not as of yet. 
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• Hi everyone :)

im going to my first app today. We had 2 MCs last year, early losses but still heartbreaking. We're hoping for some good news this time. I'm about 5 weeks 2 days so they won't see much I guess. 

FX
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • Good luck today @Dobrovolskaya ! FX for you!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Thank you, they just did blood work this time to check progesterone and hgc. Apparently my old obgyn should have done a test after the 2 d&c to check for clotting issues. Anyway, we have a new OB now and hoping this works out   @byrneme
  • How far along are you? 32W5D - though I really feel like I should be more just because there's so little time left! 

How big is baby? 
    Today's US appointment says 4lbs2oz.

Appointments this week?
    Yes, I saw my MFM today for a growth US. Baby looked good, though they said he is on the smaller side, but still in normal ranges. They said if his rate of growth continues the same he'll be 6lbs and change.

OK now that I has another good US. 

No, real milestones as far as I'm concerned. Just basically counting down now. I have so much craziness planned at the end of Feb and start of March. My husband is going away for a few days, and then right when he gets back my mom is leaving, then my husband has an important test to take that takes 24 hours and I'll have to be at my moms house with my daughter while my mom is away, because he needs to concentrate. It's just craziness. But, I'm in the mindset that I just do what I need to, and before you know it it'll all be over with and our lives back to normal for a couple weeks before baby. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Managing the GD has had it's ups and downs. I was having borderline high fasting morning numbers so they put me on Glyburide, which has caused my BS go too low in the middle of the night. My MFM gave me new instructions to follow starting tonight, so we'll see how it goes. It's not the end of the world, but it's just kinda a bummer because this is the last time I'm going to be pregnant and I can't just totally relax and enjoy it (and pig out on brownies and ice cream) . I'm always measuring my food, counting carbs and checking the clock. By the time they get my fasting numbers in a nice range it'll be time to stop taking the pills before the csection, LOL. Whatever, I'm over it all and doing what I need to do, I've surrendered LOL. 
    As a quick side rant, I hate how they are making comments that the baby "isn't big", so what, why do they have to put some sort of weird extra worry in my head. He is still in the normal range so can't they just say normal?

We have so much going on from now til the baby, I told my husband that lets just do something for our daughter and thats it. We have her bday coming, the baby, my husbands birthday and our wedding anniversary I don't need to add another special day to the list right now. 
  • @nalex420 Congrats and welcome!

@justanotherusername16 I love your valentine's day plans, super cool idea. The strepB is just a quick swab test if I remember correctly? 

@HGRich So glad to hear you are feeling better about being ready for baby and that your husband is on the mend. Good things are happening! 

@byrneme wow 16 weeks already! Time is going by that's for sure. 

@emgeme819 Congrats and Welcome!

@Lady_1981 I hear ya on the GD, it's not ideal that's for sure. They just put me on Glyburide for high fasting numbers. I was always between 95-100. Just like all the other GD stuff, it's trial and error until you find what works for you. 

@dobrovolskaya sorry you didn't get an US today, that's always a bummer when you were expecting it. 
  • Hi again ladies.  Thanks for the warm welcome.  I appreciate it!  Last night I got it in my head that I wanted to see what a healthy ultrasound at 7 weeks would look like so I spent the night looking at ultrasound videos on YouTube.  Looked at a few ones that ended up being a miscarriage too so I could compare but went right back into feeling so much more nervous for next weeks ultrasound.  Ended up not sleeping.  Not sure why I put myself through that but I guess I wanted to be prepared for what I should see vs. what might be bad.  Trying to be positive that every pregnancy is different.  I think I need to get my mind involved in something else!  Does anyone else do this?
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I do this to myself all the time. During the last 2 MCs I googled everything, for hours. Comparing, hoping we would be the lucky ones. It was really mental. I'm trying not to do that with this pregnancy. Just enjoy the experience no matter what life brings us. Take care.  @emgem819
  • @emgem819 don't do that!! At such an early stage they just really can't tell. If they see baby and heartbeat you're already definitely out of the woods for CP and ectopic and BO, and that's really all you can know. But seeing that heart beating is a big deal and that's all you can know until you reach the second trimester where chances of mc go down to a normal 1-3%. For now, just know that you're pregnant and there's nothing you can or can't do about it. Hang in there! 

@Dobrovolskaya I'm so glad they did blood work! My doc immediately did that for me too and it confirmed that my progesterone wasn't the problem. Waiting for an ultrasound until 7-8 weeks will give you more to see anyway. :) 

@Bok Bagok so sorry your GD is such a bear. :( It really probably does take all the fun out of it. I agree that the doctors shouldn't worry you needlessly. Six pounds sounds good to me! 
  • How far along are you?  16w2d

How big is baby? 
     Avocado (thanks @byrneme )

Appointments this week? 
    Regular ob check Thurs AM.  Hopefully this time she'll be able to find the heartbeat with the Doppler!

Emotionally I'm doing ok about the pregnancy, but I'm starting to freak out about all the things we haven't done.  I'm usually such a planner!  The first 2 day cares I called have no openings until 2018 so that is my current worry.  Physically, same old same old for the most part.  Still nauseous a lot of the time, still heart burn a lot of the time.  I finally gave in and started doing the B6/unisom.  It may be helping a little bit, but it's definitely not taking the symptoms away entirely.  

I scheduled my anatomy scan for 2/24, so I'm nervous/excited for that.  My husband is off that week so I'm hoping to take that day off and we'll do something fun afterwards, provided everything goes well.  

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
     Rant: This nausea can go away any time now really.  Rave: This is going to be in the TMI camp, but it's related to my update last week, my fissure seems to be getting slowly better, I hope that continues!

I always tell my husband we don't need to do anything, because I honestly really don't care.  But he always ends up getting me a little something.  He says this year he has to get me something good b/c "he did this to me" in regards to how crappy I've felt, ha!  Also my birthday is less than a month away, his birthday is a month after that and then our anniversary a few weeks later, so we always have plenty to celebrate in the later winter/early spring!
  • @emgem819  in the beginning of this pregnancy (and my earlier pregnancy that ended in a loss) I was really bad about googling every little thing.  Even though I knew that no matter what it is, someone will have had a bad story to go along with it, even if it's nothing, it didn't stop me!  It slowly got better over time.  I'm not saying I still don't do it occasionally, but I'm not as bad.  As others have said multiple times in this thread, PGAL brain is real and scary and just an overall horrible thing to deal with, but being able to talk to others who have been through it and truly understand does help!
  • Thanks @CPR79, @HGRich, and @Dobrovolskaya for your support.  Glad to know I'm not the only one going Google crazy!  PGAL brain is pretty brutal but I'm going to stay off of YouTube for a bit now and hold off at least until the first u/s.  Need to just try to enjoy the fact I'm pregnant right now! 
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emgem819 I'm a former chronic Googler too. I would wake up in the middle of the night with an idea of some concern to google and that would be the end of it. Normally, it would end with me crying in bed at 3AM, completely consumed with anxiety and worry, convinced that my baby would have some rare syndrome that 3 people in the world have. Between the losses, and red flags I experienced with this pregnancy it just got to the point were I exhausted myself emotionally and I just couldn't Google anymore. Something that helps me is knowing that really, as upsetting as it is, I have basically zero control over what happens, so why put so much energy into worrying. I'm a huge control freak, so it's really hard to let go like that. PGAL, never goes away, but I think for most it does get to be more manageable and turns into regular pregnancy worry with time, lots of time and positive ultrasounds. 
  • @emgem819 I am all too guilty of trusting Dr. Google in the past... Everyone told me to stop, but of course I didn't listen and it never yielded positive results - it just ended in me more anxious/paranoid than before. Keep us updated on your US and in the meantime I will be sending you all kinds of positive thoughts and prayers!!!
    @Bok Bagok I should clarify that I am not looking forward to potentially failing my GBS test - not that I care about taking the test itself. I'm dreaming of an IV-free L&D which would not be possible if my test is positive - that's why I'm not looking forward to it :(
    @CPR79 I am so excited for your anatomy scan!!! It's so close now!!! Honestly, it was my FAVORITE day of pregnancy and I hope that you have a similar experience!!!
  • Mind if I join you!? I will do a little intro first, but I had recently been posting on the ttcal board. I have had two mmc, first one at 11 weeks in October 2015, and second at 8 weeks in October 2016...I am now four weeks and due in October 2017, I am hoping this works out and October isn't a shitty month anymore! 

How far along are you? 4+1

How big is baby? As small as can be ;)

Appointments this week? No

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Um ok for now. I obviously know the risk is higher for another mc, but my hcg and progesterone were in a good range, so fx!

Whats the next milestone you're looking forward to? Very first milestone is a good first appt in about 3 weeks. Even though I had a good first ultrasound with my first pregnancy, my last pregnancy a few months ago, I knew at the first appt that even though there was a heartbeat, the growth was not where it should be so I am hoping my first appt shows measuring right on track and no concerns. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None right now!

GTKY: Valentine's Day plans? Nope!! :) 

wishing the best for everyone here!!

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• @Uhlease13 hello, welcome, and congrats! I'm sorry for your losses and I'm glad your hcg and progesterone are looking good with this one. I know what it's like to have had a solid first ultrasound and still lose, so I know that's not even reassuring in itself. But hoping you get a good one with strong heartbeat and good growth and that this little one sticks! 
  • @Uhlease13 welcome and FX for a happy and healthy 9 months and we see on this board for the long haul!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @Uhlease13 Welcome! So excited for your BFP and hoping and praying for a sticky little bean! I'll keep you in my T&Ps as you lead up to your first appointment! 
  • Hi everyone! Just came back from second set of blood work to check on the HCG level. The first test was 13 for progesterone and ~2500 for hcg. Hope it's going well. Really really wishing it works out. Will find out on Monday about the results of the second test