Adoption
Options

February - I'm adopting/fostering and I want to adopt/foster

britters314britters314 member
edited February 2017 in Adoption
Are you thinking about adopting / fostering? Are you in the process of adopting/fostering? If so, please tell us more about yourself and your experiences so far.

-What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)?

-Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.)

-How are you feeling about the process right now?

-Any questions?

-Any tips for the steps you’ve passed?

-Anything else to add?

Re: February - I'm adopting/fostering and I want to adopt/foster

• Options
    -What route (Foster Care adoption, domestic, international)? Foster Care

-Where are you in the process right now (just thinking, home study, waiting for match, etc.) In limbo until we can start classes in May. I'm taking this time to start collecting things we'll need for a child.

-How are you feeling about the process right now? Surprised by how fast it works in my state. If H's schedule hadn't been so bad right now, we could have been finishing up classes in a week or two. They would have done the home study at the same time, so that would have been only about 2.5-3 months from getting our application to being licensed. I had expected around 6 months, which is what it will end up being since we can't do classes for a while.

-Any questions? I saw mentions of possible showers in the January thread. Who is thinking of doing one? My mom had offered to throw me one, but now my sister is pregnant and due a month after we will finish our classes, so we will probably only get one if our friends or H's family throw us one. For now I'm just making an Amazon wish list so people can buy us gifts if they want.

-Any tips for the steps you’ve passed? Not really, since I haven't done much lol

-Anything else to add? I'm actually enjoying this period of planning for a child. Yesterday I started making some cloth diapers and it was making me really excited that we will have a baby in our home someday. I'm sure my excitement will turn to impatience in a month or two, though, since May seems so far away!