July 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited February 2017
    @kerils I feel ya on the laundry!  I stupidly didn't design our home with main floor laundry so DH has to carry the basket down and back up (it's a big basket)  But hey, it's the least he can do when I wash, dry and fold ALL his laundry.  :P (My Dad fixed most of this problem when we were kids.  3 girls in his home so he built a laundry chute into the main bathroom.  It was so perfect!  Unfortunately my laundry is under the kids rooms soooo not feasible haha!)  DH has always done the cat litter because we knew we would have kids eventually.  Again, it's downstairs and it's heavy so I need him to carry the boxes of litter down and old litter up.  I've become more liberal with what I put in my dishwasher but we still hand wash some stuff.  I don't know why I just don't clean it right then and there.  I rinse it enough so that it won't smell that I should probably just do the dishes haha!  (Although I hate my counter being a mess so I'm getting into a better dishes routine)   
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    My laundry is upstairs which I prefer because my bedroom is upstairs too.
    H gets all his shirts and pants laundered for quite cheap so no issues there.
    All my cooking pots are super heavy(le creuset) so he's been taking care of that aswell. I really do hate cooking these days though, I used to make really elaborate meals before and enjoyed but I just can't now.
    My MIL keeps complaining how her son looks so "weak" now but what am I supposed to about that. If she knew how to cook a decent meal without the chance of killing her own family we would all gladly have her cook for us but she's totally useless. 
    Also, do your Hs work further away? My H works super duper close now and that has made such a difference. Before that I had to do everything myself but now it's convenient because he's not so tired after a long drive. 
    Give him a bait and make him work lol. It works!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stokesm21 I would LOVE a laundry chute. I just need it automated so they go back upstairs too.... Dishes are kind of an issue for me. I have serious skin issues on my hands, especially in the winter, and it is particularly aggravated by washing dishes. So I've been trying to put everything in the dishwasher, but it can't get stuck on food off, so I have to soak them overnight (I'm just bad at not getting food stuck I guess). And then they stink and then I gag and then I beg him to do them, and then he takes forever and the situation just devolves from there. I probably need to just wash them immediately and get it all off right after I cook, but I like to sit down and eat when the food is ready and as soon as I do that I don't want to go do dishes. I normally actually load and unload the dishwasher while I'm cooking because it seems to save more time. 

@BusyZee I've been making much simpler meals too. We ate out WAY TOO MUCH for quite awhile, but I'm finally feeling better at 18 weeks, so I've been cooking more now. We'll see how long it lasts, I'm super tired today. I used to make all kinds of stuff myself, and I would NEVER buy pre-cut vegetables, but now? Yeah, I need those pre-cuts. I really think that I will feel better post-birth and be back to my old ways. I suppose we'll also see about that lol. In December (of course when I was super sick) he was working at UPS from 9 in the morning until sometimes 10 at night with a fifteen minute drive both ways, and he was useless when he got home. Now he works an awesome desk job five minutes away, so he can actually do stuff at night, and I normally drive him to work. We only have one car, and I can use my parents if I have to, but he likes me driving him. He just doesn't like to do things when I ask at night. I can get him to do almost anything if I offer a shoulder massage in return, but that's about all that motivates him, and I can only massage so much!! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    Welllllll....no wonder we feel like death(son and I), we have influenza!!!! Just got back from the doctor. Ugh. Make this Hell go away. 
  • Options
    I have to vent or I might bust! 

Today is just not going well at all...to say the least! I'll just list.
    1. I am sick, still, have been for a month. All they can do is try a z-pack to help treat this sinus infection. I am already on antibiotics for a uti (another one...)
    2. The pharmacy was supposed to have my prescription ready as I was on my way home from the Dr office. This pharmacy is not my usual since I'm in a different town to see the Dr and was told it would be ready by the time I got there from the Dr office...well I pull up to the window and they say 'oh it will be an hour...' and I explain the above (i don't live here, just driving through on my way home from Dr etc.) they didn't care.
    3. Because of having to wait an hour I now have to get something to eat. Its been far too long since my last meal this morning..go to drive through, order, pull up to pay and realize omg my husband didn't put my freaking card back in my wallet last night...so I have NO MONEY!
    4. So I go park to wait on this prescription..I admire my wedding ring (I absolutely love it so much) and notice there is a chip in the main stone :(
    5. My husband can't just complete a task for anything. He always does one part and forgets to finish it (ex: using my card to pay at store, doesn't put it back when done... Also, taking out trash but not replacing bag or taking smaller cans back to bathrooms...and the list goes on)
    6. I cried like a child at the Dr office when she was telling me there's not much to do to help me since I'm pregnant, even after consulting with the OB office.
    7. I feel endlessly exhausted and nothing helps.

I just need something, anyting to go right today. Here I go to get this prescription. Lord ,let it be ready or I'm going to pass out in front of them. 

Thanks for listening, sorry for the long rant!! But I just needed to.
  • Options
    @BKinney0506 I'm so sorry! Venting always feels better so vent away. 
    Get well soon and stay hydrated to the max! 
     Sorry about the food situation and all, my husband once took me out and forgot his card and so I had to pay for the meal. I hated him for a few weeks for that 

Ugh yeah it's like training, i was able to "train" two years ago but sometimes he just goes way off. 

Don't tire yourself, and never leave the house without snacks in your handbag!! 
  • Options
    My appointment with my OB yesterday got rescheduled to next week.  This is the second time that's happened.  My OB is also a surgeon so emergencies are bound to happen.  We were expecting to find out the baby's sex tomorrow and were really excited about it.  I am doing my best to be a mature adult and not be annoyed since it's only a week and clearly the patient needing emergency surgery takes precedence.  But I can't help but be disappointed. 
  • Options
    @BusyZee We both commute.  I'm home by 5 every night but DH is a different story.  The odd time he's home earlier than me (in slow times) but mostly he's home later than me anywhere from 5pm - 9pm although 9 is rare.  

@kerils Haha feel ya!  So you've devise a wonderful way to get it down but no way to get it up!  :P  DH always swore once we had a dishwasher he will load and unload it "all the time." (he hates doing dishes)  I can count on one hand the number of times that has actually happened. Okay, that's a lie.  If it needs to be unloaded on a weekend especially he usually does it before I get up.  I get food stuck too but my dishwasher is brand new (just finished building in March '16) so it gets everything.  For now.  In a few years it probably won't.  Although I very carefully reviewed and selected every single appliance in my house so who knows.

I've started making lists on weekends of stuff that needs to get done.  Sometimes if I really don't want to do a particular thing I'll say to DH,  "I'll do X if you do Y" because I know he would probably suck up whatever Y is than have to do the X thing that he hates.  It's working out well thus far haha!  Sometimes I would really rather do 4 loads of laundry than wash the dishes.  It's weird.  Another thing I've tried to get into the habit of is taking care of my house at night after work so that I can actually enjoy the weekends.      
  • Options
    stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited February 2017
    Deleted because ... I decided I sounded like too much of a jerk and people probably wouldn't understand LOL!  
  • Options
    @stokesm21 Omg I swear my dishwasher is 20 years old. I can't even wait until DH and I build our home and I can pick out the most high tech wash everything I don't even have to flick off crumbs dishwasher that there is. For now, I have to roll the monstrosity across the floor and attach it manually to the sink. It's that old. We'll see how long I can still push that stupid thing around with a giant bump in the way. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    My dishwasher is also a joke, it's just there. We just use it for the heck of using it I'm pretty sure it doesn't clean anything.
  • Options
    stokesm21 said:
    Deleted because ... I decided I sounded like too much of a jerk and people probably wouldn't understand LOL!  
    I hear ya babe. Lol
  • Options
    @Twinkiedoll - I think it's okay to be disappointed and even irritated. Obviously you understand that an emergency takes precedence, but that doesn't mean you can't have feelings too. I think your feelings are warranted and you don't seem immature. :) I'd be really bummed too. 
  • Options
    We currently have 16 inches of snow. Our snowblower just stopped working mid-pass (which we got 2 months ago). And somehow in trying to fix it DH trekked gasoline through our house and now it smells so bad everywhere. BITCHING ALL AROUND. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    XathXath member
    edited February 2017
    My allergies have kicked in full force.  I'm on a work trip and the hotel has the least comfortable mattress and not nearly enough pillows.  I'm pretty sure I've pulled every muscle in my abdomen from sneezing and blowing my nose.  And I've done none of my normal travel fun stuff because I just want to lie down after work.  

This is more like my Thursday pity party, but whatever.  I can't breathe through my nose.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Xath this may not be the case for you but hotel rooms always make me sneeze and cough and I THINK it's because they use tons of air freshners and cleaning products they use are much stronger and I react to that FoShO