August 2017 Moms

ftm check-in 2/6/17

2»

Re: ftm check-in 2/6/17

• @mumE if you feel that you actually cannot eat anything with substance, I would talk to your doctor. Earlier in my pregnancy, I couldn't keep water down and I knew that meant I needed something to help because being dehrydated 24/7 is bad for me and baby.  

Also, if you're not actually puking it up then you might just also have to suffer through the gross nauseous feeling and eat something. I've been doing that all 13 weeks. I feel like shit after every single time that I eat, but as long as I don't puke, I take it as a win. 
  • Mokay19....thank you I'll take your advice.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mango517 - Everything I've read says in the first trimester, as long as you're taking a prenatal, you don't need to worry too much about getting certain nutrients from foods, just eat what you can. Since you're getting you're appetite back, maybe start by focusing on healthy snacks to set yourself up for the second trimester in a couple of weeks? I'm still not into veggies or protein, but I sneak spinach into my smoothies and snack on whole wheat toast with peanut or almond butter, almonds, fruit, cheese, etc. Also, don't beat yourself up. We all have our moments of weakness. If I'm craving nutella, I have it with a banana (and then snack on almonds so I don't get a sugar crash).

@DeansGirl14 - making sure I eat every hour or so (even just a handful of almonds or small yogurt) helps me a ton. Days when I'm really dragging, I'm too lazy to go get a snack and it makes it 10x worse. You're probably doing that already anyways, and it sounds like you're doing everything else I can think of, too. Our bodies are working really hard right now, so some days we're just going to be really tired. Hopefully the placenta will take over completely soon (I think you're right around the time energy levels should start picking up).

How far along are you? 12+1

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? 12 week appointment this coming Friday, NT scan next week.

Cravings? The past couple of days...strawberries. Even though I'm in California, they're very out of season so super expensive right now :( Ever since starting to TTC, I try to eat organic for fruit and veggies on the "dirty dozen" list. Sticking with frozen organic blueberries and strawberries in my smoothies for now.

Rants/raves? I was in love with my insurance (and employer for offering it) but it's become a huge hassle with this pregnancy. It's a PPO with a health savings account and I have no premium + $750 put into my HSA by my employer. All pregnancy appointments, delivery, etc. are covered (I checked before keeping it for 2017), but the "lab benefit" is so restrictive, which I didn't realize. I have to go to Quest for all of my bloodwork and other lab tests and was literally on the phone crying with Aetna trying to find an approved "lab" to do the NT scan after hours of searching and calling offices on my own since my doctors office is apparently "out of network" for lab tests (in network OB thought). There were only 3 places "in network" nearby (2 of which would be an hour+ drive from me). There are a few million people here. Are you kidding me? Now I think I need to find somewhere to do the 3 hour glucose test because I doubt Quest can do that (still have to look into it) and I'm constantly worried about what other surprises are in store. So far it's still saved us a ton of money, but making sure I'm complying with all of their rules to get everything covered is sooooo time consuming and frustrating. Sorry that was so long! I know others have worse insurance situations, I just feel duped into thinking it was such a great plan. Live and learn, I guess.

Questions for FTM, STM+? Nothing for now, but I love hearing about everyone's baby kicks :)

GTKY: What was everyone's favorite commercial from Super Bowl Sunday? I've always loved the super bowl babies commercial. Pats fan here as well so more focused on the game than the commercials so I definitely missed a good number of them.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @MrsVP614 daycare wise, it's never too early to start looking. Especially if you are in a very populated area because good daycares fill up fast!  As others have said, some places have waitlists that are years out. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @littlebug2010  I'm in Boston, and the Bright Horizons by me had openings for when we would start, I'm looking for a January 2018 start...definitely call early and call a bunch. Do a tour and see what you're most comfortable with. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @jacksonbears  thanks, but I've never been a huge fan of bright horizons (all personal mainly after doing work in graduate school for education), they are a great educational instruction, I just didn't feel that they were a fit for me. Now they are also a competitor for the company I work at, so I really don't feel like I could go there.  I found a place 3 blocks from my house that is perfect. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • How far along are you? 12 + 4

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? No appointments but we got our test results back early last week. I did have one recessive disorder show up, so my husband now wants to get his DNA tested as well just to be sure. but everything else was low-risk / normal! yay!!  and we got to find out the gender as well :). we just started telling our families this past weekend and it's starting to feel more real... while still feeling surreal. if that makes sense haha 

Cravings? still fresh fruits, and salads. but also crunchy tacos and/or cheeseburger & french fries. hah

Rants/raves? not sure how i'm going to avoid laying on my back in a months time... 

Questions for FTM, STM+? n/a

GTKY: What was everyone's favorite commercial from Super Bowl Sunday? 
    i fell asleep after the first 2 minutes of the game and didn't wake up until the halftime show (afternoon pregnancy tiredness is like clockwork -- good thing the game actually got exciting after that). so i missed a lot of the commercials... but i loved the Coca Cola one 
  • how far along are you? 11w6d
    any appointments? finally had my second appointment today! I got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler and doc says everything looks like a textbook pregnancy. Yay being normal for once!
    cravings? avocado. I could eat it with anything these days. And my sweet tooth has come back, sugar no longer makes me queasy. 
    rants/raves? rave: no more morning sickness! And my energy is popping up, too! Rant: my skin looks terrible. Cystic cheek acne and bumpy forehead. I dolled up my eyes today to distract from my pizza face. 
    questions? when did you start showing with your first babies? I look bloated all the time (I AM bloated all the time) but I can't wait to "pop" and really look pregnant!
    gtky: fave superbowl commercial? the Christopher Walken/JT "bye bye bye" one