Pregnant after a Loss

Weekend recap! 2/6

What have you all been up to this weekend?

Re: Weekend recap! 2/6

• This past weekend was so much better. DH was finally diagnosed with mono on Monday, and while that's not good news, it was nice to finally know. And then his fever broke after 15 consecutive days and he's finally feeling a lot better. I still don't know if I can kiss him because mono is tricky. I'm going to ask at my next appointment. Sigh. 

But he felt well enough to start sanding the walls in the nursery. Also the seller of my etsy prints decided to go ahead and send me new ones because the postal service is probably never going to find the lost package at this point. Plus a few things on my registry have been purchased and it was so exciting to see. I'm still reeling over the fact that I'm 30 weeks and about to have baby showers. I can't believe we've come so far and I'm so hopeful about meeting her. Also my husband's grandmother called yesterday to say she'd like to buy us our stroller/car seat combo. Which is super nice of her. All in all, a better weekend. Also took a young teen friend to see Moana. And watched the super bowl with DH. 
  • @HGRich that sounds like a great weekend!!! Sorry that your hubby is sick, but happy to hear you at least know what's going on now and that he is on the mend! 

My weekend was pretty nice - my parents are relocating to my state which is SUPER exciting for me. They were in town house hunting this weekend so they came over for dinner afterwards to tell us about what they saw. It was amazing to hear the excitement in their voice and talk about how their grandchildren would fit into their "last" house. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 I'm excited for you that your parents are moving closer! I'm realizing now that I'm about to have this child how nice it is to have family nearby. I grew up in the same town with both sets of grandparents and loved it. Unfortunately my parents are two hours away and my in laws four hours away. But at least all in the same state! How close will yours be? 
  • @HGRich I hear ya! I grew up with extended family living in our house with us (16 people in the house - no one had their own room lol) so I am THRILLED that for the first time in over a decade I will be living in the same state as my parents and not a country apart (I am on the East coast and they were living in California). This little girl deserves to be surrounded my family/love. It sounds like they will be about an hour away from us. I am so excited!!! 
  • Oh the other thing that happened this weekend is that DH and I decided to try out one of those food box deliveries - specifically we tried out Home Chef. It was SUCH a fun date night in to cook together and enjoy a restaurant quality meal from home. We decided to do it once a month since actually going out to restaurants can be difficult with an infant once she arrives.

As a side note, if anyone wants to try it out, they gave us some coupons for 3 meals for $30 and I'm happy to share - just PM me your email.   
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 yay! An hour isn't bad at all. So exciting. 
  • I don't even remember what I did this weekend......oh yea my daughter caught a little cold so that always sucks. I take her to an open gym gymnastics place and she loves running around and playing there.However, she always gets sick afterwards! It always gives me all this anxiety about taking her to these indoor play places. I know it's good for her, and she loves playing I just HATE when she gets sick. other than that, husband did a bunch of chores off his list, I did some of mine and that was that! My Mom took our daughter last night for a sleep over so we had a little date night so that was very much appreciated and enjoyed. 

@HGRich and @justanotherusername16 glad to hear you both also had nice weekends!
  • On Friday night I went to a basketball game with my husband.  We have a partial season ticket plan for the Detroit Pistons and I've felt so crappy for the past few months we've been selling a lot of them.  Honestly I didn't feel all that great on Friday, but he's been great and really wanted to go so we went and it was fun.

Saturday was a lazy day which is just what I needed after a long week at work and plans both Friday and Sunday.

Sunday we went over a friend's house for the Superbowl. Pretty low key but a good evening b/c I don't get to see this friend very often and she's one of the few I can really talk to about anything.  
  • The weekend already seems so far away! I had brunch with some girlfriends on Saturday morning (we have a Girl's Morning out the first Saturday of a month and then it alternates with a Girl's Night Out first Thursday of the next month) and spent the rest of the day cleaning the house since we host Super Bowl. We had our painter come over and quote some jobs, including the nursery. Our house was new construction and EVERYTHING is beige - EVERYTHING. We had her paint the ceilings white a couple of years ago and now I'm craving some color :) Sunday morning was spent cooking and then we had around 30 people over for the game. Not being able to drink I feel I spent the whole time just walking through the house and cleaning lol. 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @byrneme I love your rotating girls brunch/girls night out! I might have to steal that...
  • @JustAnotherUsername16  do! It's so great. We get to gossip, catch up and try new restaurants. If you can make it great, if not you know you'll see everyone the next month.
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches