June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2/6

Drop your thoughts, dear diaries, rants and raves here!  
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/6

• My husband is working from home today and it was so hard to get the kids up and out the door.  I wish I had the work from home option too. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• I feel like I am in a seating predicament. I'm an intern in a school counseling office. So I have no space of my own. I have no desk.  I basically sit in a folding chair squished into a corner of an already very small school counselor's office. I work off of a laptop that I keep on my lap all day. This was fine for a while but now that I'm getting bigger my back is starting to really hurt and also my continuously growing belly is starting to creep over the keyboard, but I have nowhere else to put it aside from my lap. I feel like there's nothing I can do about it because 1. I don't actually work here and feel bad asking for any kind of accommodation. 2. They really have nowhere else to put me. Basically, this just sucks. And will probably suck more as I keep getting bigger. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @LMMama that sounds miserable.  It may not hurt to ask if you can at least have some type of desk or table even it isn't in the office just to do computer things from.  You could always go in the office to deal with the day to day student stuff. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @kahlan82 I am so jealous.  That sounds amazing...enjoy your day off!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @LMMama as someone who has worked their entire career in corporate governance... and supported a large office-based organization for EH&S as part of my role... you could risk serious injury from your set up in general, let alone being pregnant.  I think you should ask, I know it seems 'fluffy' or whiny because you work in an office and are an intern but I've had people that had recordable incidents and required surgery... it's no joke.

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/ergonomics/

• @LMMama Jumping in to reiterate what's been said: not in your best interest to suffer in silence. Intern or not, you are there to do a job and that requires some basic accommodations. I find it a little ridiculous that they expect anyone to work on their lap, let alone the pregnant lady!

• @michaela0704 I will be doing our taxes this week! My husband wanted me to do it tonight, but Monday is when I do laundry and watch the bachelor so I will be filing Tuesday. We always file very early and usually get a pretty nice refund as well. I have adjusted my W-4 to reduce it some, but my husband loves refunds. 
  • @michaela0704 @meg2704 I was just gathering my tax stuff, too! The Mr doesn't lift a finger to help with tax stuff (irritating, but my own fault for setting that expectation) so I do our taxes every year. I should make him do them this year since he's at home... 

Anywho I have a total rant about reporting: a refund is overpaid tax, WHY do I get a form stating it was extra income?! Such a pisser! 

• DH also did taxes this weekend...ever since our expat assignment (2010-2013), our taxes have been jacked.  We owe again, but thankfully not as much as we have in previous years.  Still...owing sucks. 

I swear, I am gaining baby weight right along with our EM.  I feel so freaking fluffy and just blah...I really need to work out but I am low on motivation.  Apparently I signed up for a quarter marathon trail run the weekend of the 25th, that I completely forgot about and haven't trained for.  Whoops.  I do love trail runs though, so at least it'll be fun!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• I can't seem to get motivated to do anything healthy right now either. And it doesn't help that I'm hungry all the time. I'm trying to exercise at least 3 days a week using the cardio and full body workouts with the 15 day fit mommy challenge. But that means getting up about 30 minutes earlier than I want. I know I'm just making excuses right now.  
  • Working from home today after my anatomy scan this morning (turns out I will need monthly growth scans going forward - wish there was something I could do to make sure this little guy grows!) and then took DD to get blood drawn. Not the best start to the week, I must say.
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • We like to file taxes early as well. I have just about everything in order to start, just lacking motivation right now. ha! DH could do it, but I have a lot more time than he does, plus I stay at home so there would really be no excuse. I just need to set aside a few hours one of these evenings and knock it out. I need to have a working brain and some caffeine to deal with all of those tiny numbers! 
  • I already filed our taxes, we splurge with State and try to pay down debt with our federal. 

I took DD1 on a date day, she chose shopping for her date, she had some bday gift cards to spend. So we went and had a nice afternoon at the mall yesterday and I splurged mostly on the kids. 

I have a haircut this week, which I am beyond excited about.  Other than that, it's a pretty normal week.  
  • FSUNole31 said:
    @kahlan82 I am so jealous.  That sounds amazing...enjoy your day off!
    Thanks, we just got back from a walk and the playground. It is 60 here today. DH will be on night shift the rest of the week, so we won't see each other. Glad I "allowed" myself to be irresponsible today.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• I have to go to a training tomorrow and I keep forgetting about it.  Knowing my luck I will probably drive all the way to my school tomorrow with the way my brain is working lately.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• We did our taxes already. Most years I don't really worry about getting them back fast. But this year we are buying baby stuff so I can't wait! I want to shop! I'm.also redecorating DD2s room. It's all mixed matched right now. The rest is going to boring debt and savings. 

The husband had yesterday off, which was nice but now I'm all messed up. I don't know what day it is. I'm trying to figure out is it playground day or storytime? Does DD have gymnastics?? I keep having to look at the calendar to remind myself what I need to do. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • What do I bring for Valentines for my two year olds class?  You can't bring candy...thoughts?
  • lmudra said:
    What do I bring for Valentines for my two year olds class?  You can't bring candy...thoughts?
    Stickers!!!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • @lmudra little things of bubbles or little playdoughs?  Can you do other snacks like goldfish packs?  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• DS threw up at daycare this morning, so had to leave school and now sitting at the doctor's. Don't know what is going on with him. Threw up Sunday, fine Monday, threw up at 930 and now running around waiting room like everything is fine. 

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• I want to buy tickets to a concert for my DF and I that's on 7/20. But I'm afraid that by making fun plans for that day I'm just tempting fate to take me 2 weeks over my due date to June 30th and also give me a long and difficult recovery. 
  • Ugh I can't focus.  I'm so bummed out that I couldn't attend the Super Bowl parade (couldn't get out of work) and I really wanted to bring DS to experience it.  Pity party table for 1 please.
  • @MKRLTX it's a good thing it's not here! I would be huge by the time this baby comes. Haha

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • We have a tax appointment at 3:30. Contemplating stopping for a chocolate shamrock shake on the way

• We just finished our taxes this week... I can't believe how little we are getting in a refund, but at least we don't owe!

@lmudra For the past few years I have sent in Valentine's to DDs class... When she was 3 months old, we sent heart teething rings with a note... When she was 15 months we sent the squeezeable pouch applesauces that said something like "you are awesomesauce" or something like that... then last year we sent bubbles with a note that said "valentine you blow me away".  This year I was looking up things like a small pack of goldfish with a note that says "you're o'fish'ally my valentine" or something like that.  I usually send her teachers a small something too...  Last year I sent Burt's Bees lip balm with a note that said "You're the BALM!"

Haha... I love Pinterest!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I'm going to do these balls!
  • I just had to get someone to cover my class because I started crying over how disrespectful some of these students are.  I just wish I was independently wealthy and could stay home with my own kids all day.   I try so hard for these kids and I really do care about them I don't understand why they have to be so terrible. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @FSUNole31  I hear you.  I hear you LOUD and CLEAR.  I only worked a half day today because I had my anatomy scan this morning.  In the 3 hours I was gone... my students managed to destroy my room, and broke one of my trophys on my shelf.  I am fed up.  My kids are SO entitled and disrespectful.  I think daily about finding a new career.  Hugs from this frustrated teacher to you. <3

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @FSUNole31 and @EmeraldNC what ages/grades do you guys teach again? I work with infants and toddlers so while they can be crazy, at least they don't talk back!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Anyone have a root canal while pregnant? I had some cavities filled 2 weeks ago, and the continued throbbing pain makes my dentist think I may need one (which, of course, my ob is not thrilled about). Sigh...silly teeth. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
  • Ladies I have a question about baby showers.  Have any of you not heard anything about anyone having a shower for you?  I have friends from out of state that want to come if I have one and are wanting to get plane tickets bought soon if they are going to come.  I guess should I just tell people no I'm not having a shower at this point?  My husband has asked me several times if I've heard anything about one and I made a point of telling him that if it's a surprise I'd really like to invite some of my navy friends who my family don't know and couldn't just invite as part of the surprise. 

What do you ladies think?