June 2017 Moms

Weekend Chatter - Super Bowl Edition

2»

Re: Weekend Chatter - Super Bowl Edition

• My DH on Gaga: um, why is she wearing a sparkling adult onesie? Lmao!
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF... Gaga put in more air miles than my Pats did the in the first half.
  • Touchdown!!!!!   
    Shut out Shut out Shut out!!!! 
  • The awkward moment when you call the PA attempt is about to be missed and then get booed out of the room when it actually happens.  I mean the guy had been missing all season so....
  • I took a 3.5 hour nap.... ill check here to see who wins! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I though GAGA was just okay. She was good but I felt like it was a concert. I'm not sure the last time another singer didn't pop out. I was hoping to see Tony Bennet.
  • I'm too old to deal with his kind of emotional distress.  I feel like the Pats will get a TD and then miss the 2 point conversion attempt just for fun.
  • I can't fan anymore.  I'm dead no matter what happens at this point

• @Elyse1384 Hang in there! DH has been pacing around the room for the last half hour and just declared "It's the Super Bowl! I can't go to bed now!"
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • michaela0704michaela0704 member
    edited February 2017
    I literally waited to check out our BMB for a super bowl thread until the Pats had the ball 1st and goal under 2 minutes in the 4th...

I am terrible at watching close games, I get all wound up, I end up clenching and my jaw hurts the next day... so needless to say, I pigged out freely during the first half and the second half has been nothing but stress!!! :D  

Edit: autocorrect is the  >:)
  • Ohhhhh mmmmyyyyy goodddddd
  • Holy shit... that is all...

• I stopped watching at over time.   Was getting my heart rate up way to high.   How awful.  
  • I. Can't. Even. Sooo stoked!!!
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• email2ash said:
    @email2ash...that last gif.  I'm not even sure who he is.  But his reaction to edelman's AMAZING catch was one of the best things all night.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1. We did nothing last night because DH had school all weekend + had a 5AM flight to NYC this morning for work. He did pick up BW3s for us last night though and it was goooood. Boneless wings, cheese curds, & chili con queso. I'm excited to eat leftovers for lunch.

2. I'm not a huge Lady Gaga fan, but I thought her halftime performance was amazing!

3. I hate NFL's overtime rules. BS that Atlanta didn't get an offensive chance in OT! Boo.
  • I didn't have a dog in the fight but was stoked to see such a good freaking game. 

My pregame prediction was if the Falcons gave Brady the chance to tie or go ahead at the end then they were doomed. 

And my husband really wanted to watch Goodell hand Kraft the trophy (he followed deflategate and thinks the NFL and their investigation was complete trash and a witch hunt. For reference, he's a Green Bay fan, he looked at the investigation with his lawyer glasses). 
  • OMFG you guys I went to bed in third quarter because I was like "this game is over" and when I checked who won this morning :o
    WTH I knew I shoulda stayed up!
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @DewyK The OT rules are definitely improved from "first to score wins".  I can't even count the many heartbreaking losses coming down to a single possession long FG from the first team receiving.  I HATED that.  That was truly unfair, but last night was fair as the new OT rule makes more sense.  The Falcons couldn't stop the Patriots offense the entire 4th quarter.  To me, holding an opponent from a single possession TD is reasonable to be able to get the ball.  The games would be too long if it was a full 15min with timeouts allocated.  
  • Didn't think turn the game on until halftime, mostly to catch Gaga

I had no dog in this fight but WOW... That was an impressive display of confidence by NE. Congrats to you Pats fans.

Also, watched Gaga's press conference from a couple days ago and really enjoyed that. If you're a Gaga fan, go YouTube it. She does a great job fielding questions and "playing" with the press. I know some gov't officials who could learn a thing of two from her...

• Now that the adrenaline is gone, my heart rate settled and my voice returned, I have to say what an awesome game that was.  The Falcons were impressive as all hell.  I hope the actual Falcons fans feel good about their team because from the looks of it we are going to be seeing a lot of them in the coming post seasons.  That offense is scary good!  

The Pats were clearly not as prepared in the first half as Atlanta, but Bill and staff made some fantastic adjustments at the half.  That comeback was impressive as hell.  A lot of people in this country (and on this board) hate the Pats and I used to get upset when people would try to diminish the accomplishments of the organization.  I mean come on.. Deflategate was a f'ing joke and even the court system ruled there was NO evidence despite having no jurisdiction (I mean even the recorded PSI for the Colts balls were under).  I guess some people just can't deal with seeing another team win so much.  

I get it... I feel that way about the Yankees.  I'm obsessed with hating them for no other reason than they have the Sox number and have pretty much owned the AL for much of MLB history.  But to deny the greatness of the Pats (and Tom Brady in particular) is crazy.  Tom is the greatest QB of all time. I hate on plenty of athletes (eg Derek Jeter, Peyton Manning, LeBron James), but the sports fan in me can't deny their greatness. It is comical to me how people can't admit Tom's talent just because they don't like the man.  That's like saying "Muhammad Ali just got lucky landing a few punches" or "Michael Jordan just had a great supporting cast".  Hahaha
  • Too busy yesterday to post, but going to be an aw and show you guys the pate football I made:
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Elyse1384 said:
    *snip*

I get it... I feel that way about the Yankees.  I'm obsessed with hating them for no other reason than they have the Sox number and have pretty much owned the AL for much of MLB history.  But to deny the greatness of the Pats (and Tom Brady in particular) is crazy.  Tom is the greatest QB of all time. I hate on plenty of athletes (eg Derek Jeter, Peyton Manning, LeBron James), but the sports fan in me can't deny their greatness. It is comical to me how people can't admit Tom's talent just because they don't like the man.  That's like saying "Muhammad Ali just got lucky landing a few punches" or "Michael Jordan just had a great supporting cast".  Hahaha

I respect the greatness that is Pats football. My DD even said last night 'let's just turn this, they can't even win now' and DH and I simultaneously said 'you clearly don't know the Pats'. She was stunned that they did come back. I really just love talking smack. There's only two teams I loathe and it's Bama and the Pats, for obvious reasons.

I do find it funny that Mr. Kenny Chesney showed up in Kraft's box, such a bandwagon fan.
  • @Stankonia2014 I don't know what I enjoy more... ranking on Manning or booing Jeter.

All joking aside... Manning was always impressive to watch.  Even when my Pats were on the receiving end of "OMAHA!!!!!"
  • @Elyse1384 - I don't think they should play the full 15 minutes either, but each team should get possession in OT.