November 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 2.5

Super Bowl today! Who's watching? I'm bummed the Packers aren't in it but we are having friends over for the game anyway. We will have brats, cheese, crackers and summer sausage, weenies, cheese dip. I'm excited for all the food, especially since I haven't been too adventurous since surgery. We also will have a little betting going on as well.
TTC#1 July 2015 
  • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
  • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
TTC#2 April 2019 
  • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

Re: Weekly randoms 2.5

• Options
    I'm working until 5 but hopefully will get out on time and be able to watch the game. Go falcons (only because I don't want the Patriots to win)
  • Options
    I'm on the Falcons bandwagon for this I suppose. I figure I'll watch it until I go to bed, no plans to stay up later than usual to watch though 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not a Patriots fan and the Falcons had a pretty good season (even though they took the Packers out), so that's where I'm at. We're going to a little kid pregame and watching the game at home. 

We used another suppository this morning... it does the job but I feel so awful having to use it. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    I want to go to a Superbowl party so bad! Mostly for the food and commercials. LO is sick though, so we're trying to avoid crowds. Super bummed! 
  • Options
    The commercials aren't that great. Lady Gaga was ok and I loved Luke Bryan! Also glad the Falcons are wining.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @m6agua I was thinking the same thing that the commercials aren't very good 
  • Options
    x3 on the commercials. Disappointing,

we hosted a potluck and our friends and family definitely brought it. All that goodness I ate is probably part of why I can't sleep! 
  • Options
    ...also mom wasn't feeling well the last day or two but stepdad made her come over. She held LO a lot and DH wasn't happy about it. I wasn't really either but I felt bad denying grandma. Really hope LO doesn't catch anything. We've tried so hard to keep her in a flu season bubble! 
  • Options
    Been there @hoosiermama - hope she stays healthy!

with 2 minutes left in the game I dozed off, only to wake up and see the Patriots celebrating. This feels a lot like the election. I go to bed with one expectation and wake to the opposite. 
  • Options
    LO sounds very sniffly/stuffy when he breathes this morning. I hope this doesn't mean a cold is coming on? Not sure if there is anything to do or just see if the sniffly sound gets worse?
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    LO sounds very sniffly/stuffy when he breathes this morning. I hope this doesn't mean a cold is coming on? Not sure if there is anything to do or just see if the sniffly sound gets worse?
    Same here. They have tiny sinus so it always sounds more intense. Try steaming up the bathroom and sitting in there with LO. It might help the sniffles. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Same here. They have tiny sinus so it always sounds more intense. Try steaming up the bathroom and sitting in there with LO. It might help the sniffles. 
    Thanks. What else do you watch for? Right now he's playing and "talking" way more/loudly than usual not sure if that is just a coincidence 
  • Options
    @kvruns The sniffles and being stuffy are normal. If his breathing gets shallow or he begins to sound like Darth Vader then you need to contact your pediatrician. 

If if you just want to help alleviate the sniffle feeling try the steam or a warm bath. I've also found Vick's infant vapor rub really helps them breathe as well - or anything eucalyptus based, really. 
  • Options
    thanks @sandnstarsnj he hates baths so that's last resort haha although I do have some sort of Johnson's baby vapor stuff I could try. He's had mild stuffy sounding before but this was definitely worse than usual.I hope I'm just overreacting and it isn't anything. 
  • Options
    Trust your instincts @kvruns. If you're more comfortable hearing from a doctor, call. 
  • Options
    I've heard really good thing about an infant vapour rub on the bottom of their feet and put socks over them. Then a cool mist humidifier. Should help a lot! 
  • Options
    I second the humidifier and will add letting him sleep in the rock n' play (or wherever) so his head is elevated. Laying flat on his back made M's congestion worse when he had a cold. 
  • Options
    If it's dry stuffy not wet stuffy you can use a kids saline nasal spray. My son has been stuffy every morning since we came home that I can remember. Dr thinks is a dust allergy. The spray makes him more comfortable and helps loosen up what's in there. Sometimes I also need to use a snot sucker on him if he is more stuffed up than usual.
  • Options
    Finally tried to organize my freezer stash and I was all proud thinking I had a ton. Well if I were to only feed him the frozen stuff it would last 5 days lol. All that work for 5 days of food 
  • Options
    That's more than me @kvruns! I have two bottles in the refrigerator that are going to go bad if DH doesnt step up and give a bottle sometime soon. There is nothing in the freezer, which brings me to a question: how late is too late to move milk from the fridge to the freezer?
  • Options
    We're snowed in today... me and the two LOs. I remember what snow days used to be like before kids and wouldn't mind one of those right about now. 
  • Options
    I'm a sneaky eater... my husband went to take a shower and I quickly ate a handful of ritz with cheese so he wouldn't know. Yes I have a problem. Aggghhhhh :-P
  • Options
    Day 5. No poop.

Ugh. 
  • Options
    Day 5. No poop.

Ugh. 
    Have you tried cutting out green vegetables? I can't have brussel sprouts, asparagus, broccoli, spinach, or kale. If I do M gets really gassy and constipated. So far only green beans and zucchini are safe. 
  • Options
    Does anyone have recommendations on stuff to do when on bed rest? My SIL has been put on bed rest at 24 weeks due to some risks for preterm labor and she's already going stir crazy. I was going to bring her some stuff to keep her busy but I'm only coming up with two ideas (coloring books and knitting supplies) both of which I'm not sure she'd enjoy. Any ideas?
  • Options
    Day 5. No poop.

Ugh. 
    I know it is stressful thinking something is wrong, but I was told it's very normal. S was pooping once every 6 days for a good 5 or 6 weeks. Now she poops several times a day. I kept telling the Dr. and she kept reassuring me it is normal. S is bf. I don't know about yours. If you're really worried then call the Dr. I would put a warm compress on her belly, rub in a clockwise motion, and move her legs in a bicycle motion. Sometimes it helped. Good luck!
  • Options
    I had no idea greens could be causing constipation! I'll have to try it. @mrsmaryk2016 - you could always get her baby/parenting book or a month subscription to a streaming service. 
  • Options
    Thanks @camcbeth. I know it can be normal. It's just that we once went 10 days and he got a fever and we were in the hospital for 3 days. And while I know the two were probably not related, I still worry it could happen again. 
  • Options
    I had no idea greens could be causing constipation! I'll have to try it. @mrsmaryk2016 - you could always get her baby/parenting book or a month subscription to a streaming service. 
    Yeah totally sucks because all I want is a salad but dealing with him the next day isn't worth it. If that's what it is you should see results pretty fast. His fussiness peaks 24 hours after I eat them and is gone within 48.