Pregnant after a Loss

Anyone have 3+ M/C in a row and still go on to have a healthy pregnancy???

obviously looking for encouragement. I don't think I'll ever have a healthy pregnancy. I keep losing them earlier and earlier. Anyone have success story???
Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
iUI #1- BFN
IUI #2-BFN
IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks

Re: Anyone have 3+ M/C in a row and still go on to have a healthy pregnancy???

• I know of four people that have had 3 or more miscarriages, and have gone on to have a healthy pregnancy/rainbow baby. I'm sure it seems like the impossible right now, but it happens, sending you positive vibes! 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats @andrea0418 - I've been taking baby aspirin and progesterone so I suspect mine isn't an easy fix :( 

happy you have a success story tho!
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Thanks @JustAnotherUsername16

unfortunately ive had my thyroid looked at too. Looks like only those with diagnosable and treatable issues are able to carry to term after repeated losses. That's good to know at least. I won't be able to have child.
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • @rainbowwishes5 I had 2 CP before my healthy full term pregnancy with my son.  Also had a MC 3 weeks before becoming pregnant with this little guy.  Have they checked your Progesterone? Sometimes low progesterone in early pregnancy causes early MC.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @rainbowwishes5 there are so many stories out there about successful pregnancies after years of trying. My sister in law had a healthy boy then tried for 9 years! Finally got pregnant with her 2nd and 3rd one after another. It happens. 

Wishing you the best in your journey. 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • I couldn't have said it any better than @Bok Bagok did. Please don't give up hope yet, @rainbowwishes5 - I can only imagine how you are feeling but we are here to support you and lift you up again if you need it. 

• Thanks all. Yes, I am working w a RE and it was w him after IVF even I had my latest loss. My progesterone was stellar because I was having daily injections, my estrogen was fantastic because I was taking pills and my lining was perfect. I have a super super minor thyroid issue I have been regularly taking medication for for 5 months so........ No idea. I'm 33. Chances that all 4 embryos were chromosomally faulty statistically *should* be beyond minimal. Statistically 2-3 should have been normal. So something is going on. Either there is something very wrong with my eggs or something very wrong with my body. I await the RPL panel but doubt it will tell me anything. I am just defeated. Thank you all though for trying to encourage me. It means a lot.
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • Yup RPL panel normal. Zero reason for the cps except some mysterious stress they insist I must be experiencing but won't test my cortisol levels for.
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • First, so sorry for your losses. I've had RPL panels and also genetic testing. They also tested my egg quality and quantity (done 2 months after m/c 2-3 into your period). Did they check your anticardiolipin igm iga and igg? If any of those test are even slight positive baby aspirin wouldn't do the trick but they'd prescribe Lovenox or heparin injections. (It's blood clotting) they probably checked it, but thought I'd add that in just in case they haven't. Mine were re-checked 3 times to confirm because the positive was slight, then negative, then slight again. 
  • My mom had three miscarriages between me and my sister. My sister was born healthy and is now 26. So it's 100% possible. I am sure it is hard, but continue to have faith. Your rainbow baby will come
  • Lurking 

I'm so sorry for your losses, this must be a really difficult time for you right now. I can only imagine the pain of 3 losses in a row. I've only had one mc so far. I'm an acupuncturist who has spent my career studying the endocrine system as it relates to women's health. It is my passion to help women through the journey of TTC, pregnancy and post partum.

But...I'm actually not going to suggest acupuncture for you, all though it can certainly contribute to over all health and wellbeing. There is a new field of medicine called endobiogeny that looks very in depth at your hormones and endocrine system. While on paper you might look "normal" an endobiogyinist will look much much deeper at what is off balance for you and will px herbs and lifestyle changes that are completely specific to your body. I had great success healing my thyroid and getting and staying pregnant with endobiogeny. I had a miscarriage before having my rainbow baby. 

I really like to use integrative medicine, thus using different types of medicine for what they do best. And I'm the first to tell you when acupuncture isn't the "best" choice to treat you. If an RE can't necessarily find anything "wrong" that might be the extent of what they can offer you information wise. The pp had great suggestions about what more to test for, but if everything comes back "normal" it could be worth it to seek answers outside the box. 

Here is a link to practioners and the website that explains what it is. Naturopath's, Md's, DO's acupuncturists practice it on top of their field of medicine. They can do the treatments over skype and I can personally recommend Dr. Amy Chadwick if you don't have one in your area. I really wish all medical professionals could work together to help their patients, but I know from first hand experience and success with patients, that alternative medicine with the right practioner will only help, not hurt your chances. 

I wish you so much luck and healing! 

https://www.endobiogeny.com/find-a-practitioner/
  • @anna.oskar thanks for sharing! Awwww! What a cutie! 
  • A friend of mine had 4 miscarriages with no diagnoses of what was wrong. Went on to have two healthy children afterwards. Hope it works out for you too. 
  • @anna.oskar and @knottie1469136344 thanks for sharing your stories! 
  • Thank you all so much 
    Siggy Warning--------

iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
  • I have friend who had 5 mc and went on to have 3 healthy children. Hugs to you!
  • *lurking*

I think as women we often blame our own bodies for why this happens to us, especially in the case of recurrent miscarriages, and I imagine it is frustrating to not find an answer/diagnosis as to why it is happening. Don't forget that the male element also plays a role in conceiving a viable embryo - e.g. sperm DNA fragmentation (DNA damage), with some studies showing a positive correlation between miscarriage rates and higher levels of sperm DNA damage.

On another note: thank you to OP for posting the question, and to all who responded with your positive stories. It helps people like me quell the fears of trying again. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker