June 2017 Moms

How are all my first time pregnant ladies doing?

2»

Re: How are all my first time pregnant ladies doing?

• A friend of mine recommended that I not buy a carrier until after the baby is here.  I would rather not wait, but she said that finding a comfortable fit for a carrier is like finding a comfortable fit for jeans - it's very individual.  She suggested finding a local baby wearing group and playing with their lending library before making a final decision. I'm not sure yet if I'll follow her advice, but it seems to make sense so I might.
  • I was going to get an Ergo but DH and I weren't sure how much we would use a carrier so we registered for a k'tan instead mostly for around the house. I think when we have #2 I'll get something like an Ergo to wear the baby and put this one, then a toddler, in a stroller. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @CapricaAndrea thanks for the heads up! I have never heard of knock off baby carriers before this! and the fact that they don't safety check them is terrifying! 
    @ladylolly89 that's the main reason I am leaning towards the Lillebaby All Seasons... I love that I don't have to buy another one once she gets too big, and I don't have to buy any extra pieces if she happens to be on the smaller side.
    @NYCProf that's the one I had on my registry and am contemplating switching it... with the insert it's over $200... I just don't know if I can justify that price point if the Lillebaby lasts longer and I don't have to buy the extra insert... and it's less expensive  :# unless of course the Ergo is more comfortable and has more support for myself or DH.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @BellaO21, I'll get another Solly Baby and then a Tula. I'm by no means an experienced wearer though, but I love the ease of use of both. I also love that the Solly is so breathable for Summers.
  • edited February 2017
    My sister is giving me her ergobaby carrier but I'm also needing one of these:

https://www.wildbird.co :love:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • How many strollers should we get? We registered for the one w car seat carrier and then another lightweight  $99 one. We then removed  $99 one and put an unbrella one on instead.  Not sure if we did the right thing. Any input is appreciated. 
    Also, are bumbos worth it?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited February 2017
    I would get one stroller... I put the 3 in 1 Bravo travel system by Chicco on my registry. It's a car seat, toddler stroller and infant stroller in one. https://m.buybuybaby.com/m/product/Chicco-reg-Bravo-reg-Trio-Travel-System-in-Lilla/1043596898/?skuId=43596898

@jennas312
  • We're just getting one stroller... the City Mini GT. It will do everything we need and more!

• Anyone else finding it hard to not constantly make purchases from your registries?? Especially when Amazon and BRU have sales! :cry:

• mkrelmkrel member
    edited February 2017
    @wifeinraleigh28 YES! I just keep reminding myself that we still have a ton of time... but I want to buy it all!

Eta: I also want to take advantage of the completion discount on amazon. 
  • @NYCProf We're registered for the same system, in Papyrus I think. I went to Target to play around with the car seat models and I really loved that one. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Anyone else finding it hard to not constantly make purchases from your registries?? Especially when Amazon and BRU have sales! :cry:
    I just bought $200 worth of baby clothes from the Gap... big sale and extra 20% off coupon code! I haven't gotten anything off registry though. Lol
  • meilay said:
    @NYCProf We're registered for the same system, in Papyrus I think. I went to Target to play around with the car seat models and I really loved that one. 
    My sister-in-law and brother got a similar stroller by Chicco and it's great!!
    It takes every ounce of will power I have not to buy SOMETHING for her every time I go to the store.. whether it be on my registry or not  :(
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • We're moving in 6 weeks so I've managed to avoid buying anything by reminding myself that I would have to pack and move whatever I buy now :tongue:
  • @MKRLTX @NYCProf @BellaO21 I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to buy all of the baby things!!

I did order pretty much everything I need for breastfeeding off my registry though. Amazon had a 20% off sale going on it and I've been told that no one buys you breastfeeding stuff for your baby shower haha. I'm almost all set... I have the My Brest Friend pillow, a nursing cover, medela bottle set, lansinoh breastfeeding salve, nursing pads, and the medela pump in style pump that my sister gifted me. I still need to get the pumping kit that fits your nipples though, but I'm going to wait on that in case my nipples get bigger before it's time to pump (seems like they probably will, lol).

• @wifeinraleigh28 ugh! yes! I keep getting emails on discounts and I keep telling myself to resist. Also, now that I know the sex, I am sure it will be difficult to avoid buying clothes!

@NYCProf @meilay We registered for the same system - all the ones I tested out I liked this stroller/car seat combo best.

• Yikes I haven't bought a thing or registered for anything yet!
  • edited February 2017
    Yikes I haven't bought a thing or registered for anything yet!
    It's time consuming, but what made it easier was looking at others' registries and copying some of their stuff. I have 99 items :neutral:
  • @NYCProf that's a great idea to look at other registries! I'm going to do that tomorrow! 
  • @NYCProf I've done that too! It helped me realize what I was missing on mine.

I found that researching the big stuff one day at a time helped me get through it. But now our registries are pretty much good to go, which is good because my mom is mailing our shower invitations in a few days!

• I've been buying stuff for my little guy. It's all clothing so far (bigger sizes 6m & up) from clearance racks. I haven't bought anything specifically from my registry yet but I will when we start working on his nursery.