May 2017 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change 2/4 & 2/5

How far along are you

How big is baby

Any appointments this week

Symptoms

Cravings

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY: What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 2/4 & 2/5

• How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? GI Joe

Any appointments this week? Had an ultrasound done of my entire abdomen due to pain I was having. I got the brief answer from the phone nurse that everything looks good except that I have hydronephrosis which is actually pretty common in pregnant women.

Symptoms? Tired, sore boobs, still having that pain in my lower rib area (which now I'm almost 99.9% sure is some form of reflux), insomnia at times, and lots of movement which makes me happy.

Cravings? All food. Sometimes salty sometimes sweet.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I just did my registry and have started telling my clients at work, which makes everything so much more real! 

GTKY: What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? Liver pate? It was many years ago but I don't think I liked it.

• Loading the player...

• How far along are you? 26 weeks

How big is baby? Kale 

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? Sciatica, other achy joints, fatigue, a little constipation

Cravings? Cookies!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Finally picked out a name and crib bedding this week!! Making some progress! 

GTKY: What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? Probably chicken gizzards. I'm one of the pickiest eaters you'd probably ever meet, but I do like me some chicken gizzards!!

• @chailife34 What did they tell you it was to make you eat it??? That sounds super gross.
  • @jen_shoes it was hidden in a breakfast sandwich which I was told was just egg and cheese and had a small patty of the gross stuff tucked inside. Nasty as hell. Nooooo thanks. Apparently it's pretty popular in the Amish community or Pennsylvania Dutch, but not sure. 
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? Cantalope

Any appointments this week? Level II U/S on Tuesday to look at the EIF on baby's heart...wish us luck!

Symptoms? NBR but I have another cold and am entirely miserable...otherwise, I am belching like crazy all day and all night

Cravings? Chicken teriyaki noodles and ice cream

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just been stressed lately...a lot going on, most recently we made the decision that we need to put down one of our reptiles as she's been sick and diagnossed with something that is uncurable. Not looking forward to calling about where to put her down.

GTKY: What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? As a child I had a habit of eating non food items in secret like paint chips, plants from ours and our neighbor's gardens, crafting supplies

• How far along are you? 24 Weeks! (well, 24+1 today)

How big is baby? GI joe

Symptoms? Mostly hip and back pain when I wake up in the morning

Cravings? I'm loving sweets

Rants/Raves/Questions? nope

GTKY: What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? that I've known I was eating - liverwurst.  On vacations around the world I have had dishes I definitely couldn't tell you what was in them and ate them anyway!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @chailife34 What a horrible thing to do! I really despise people who trick others like that, and that type of meal sounds like one very select people would eat.

How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? cantaloupes

Any appointments this week? Nope, but at our follow up A/S baby tried very hard to be uncooperative! But we got it done

Symptoms? Baby was feeling wiggly one evening and so H got to feel that.

Cravings? Candy, all the candy. It seems the type of sweetness has changed.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Question-what is so great about these salt and vinegar chips everyone seems to be craving? I feel like I'm missing out.

Rant-I am over watching my friends kid. She essentially automatically assumes I'll watch her every weekend, even if she is just going out and drinking. Doesn't pay me, and the kid is a brat. Like not a brat because of upbringing, just her attitude. She doesn't listen and I can't trust her at all.

GTKY: What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? I would have to say the most unusual thing I've eaten is mud when I was a child. 

• sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited February 2017

How far along are you? 28 weeks! EEK! Officially by any standard you use: THIRD TRIMESTER!

How big is baby? A rollerblade or an eggplant

Any appointments this week? Nope  had 3 last week. Follow-up with MFM found a cyst near the right eye  will follow up in 6 weeks. He isn't concerned, majority resolve themselves and the chances of it being more serious than a cyst are very low. Still not something I like to hear 

Symptoms? Gallbladder is persistent as always along with my heart burn. racing heart is new though when I lay down. General feeling of heaviness

Cravings? Waffles  give me waffles every day all day 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not a lot really  

GTKY: What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?

Camel meat. (I like it) or camel milk. (I do not lik it)

TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @jen_shoes have you tried a low-fat diet? Not like "low-fat yogurt" but cutting out oils, dairy, and fried things? When I eat less fatty foods my rib pain decreases. You can google fall-bladder disease diets. It's helped me with heart burn and pain. 

@omegarose3 I'm sorry about your reptile :( good luck with the scan though! 

@absbubbs salt and vinegar chips are good allllll the time. Pregnant or not! My favorite chip but I love vinegar anything. 
    CP September 2019
  • @OmegaRose3 - Sorry about your reptile. Putting down a pet is always hard.

chailife34  - That's really awful that someone would trick you into eating that. I actually grew up eating scrapple and love it. But understand it's an acquired taste.

absbubbs  - I wasn't craving salt n' vinegar chips but now that you mentioned them I can really go for some. I guess it's in the same category of craving pickles. 

• @LilMissCraft @sarah0985 Thank you, our scaly babies are members of our family and it's going to be really tough these next couple of days.

@livin541 Thank you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I will have good news to update with soon 
  • @sarah0985 crazy to think a couple ladies are entering 28 weeks!!!
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? Cantaloupe 

Any appointments this week? Monday 

Symptoms? Sciatica pain, this always hungry thing is killingggg me, I have spurts of energy mixed in with pure exhaustion.

Cravings? Ice cream sundaes, fruit smoothies, cuban food, jolly ranchers

Rants/Raves/Questions? got nothing

GTKY: What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? I am the pickiest eater in the world soooo I got nothing.  I don't like red meat so anytime my husband gets me to take a bite of his steak its a big deal in our house.  Also Sashimi was wayyyy out of my comfort zone so theres that?  (i know lame stuff) 

• absbubbs said:
    @sarah0985 crazy to think a couple ladies are entering 28 weeks!!!
    I know right???? I am kind of like, HOW DID I GET HERE? Even though this was a very planned thing, I'm still surprised its third trimester. 
    CP September 2019
  • @chailife34 That's horrible!! 
    @OmegaRose3  Good luck at your appointment! What would be the best case scenario, that it would be gone completely? I know nothing about EIF.
    @absbubbs  Why do you continue to watch her then?  Are you too much of a nice person to say no?
    @sarah0985 Did you find out your issue was definitely your gallbladder?  I have found that sometimes that type of diet helps, but inevitably by the end of the day, each day, it hurts.  I know its not my gallbladder, as I spoke with the dr. But I have a follow up this week with my GI doctor, so I can talk to them about what I can do.
    @livin541 I like the what makes you weird, although I'm not sure what I'd put!
  • sarah0985sarah0985 member
    edited February 2017
    @jen_shoes no, no definitive proof but my doctor says it sounds like it. My doctor doesn't want to do much about it while pregnant because basically I'm not dying I think. But I have noticed that Prilosec (generic: Omeprazole) helps a bit as well observing the fatty foods I take it. I always wake up with no pain and as I eat through the day it gets worse. If I eat particularly fatty foods, it's almost/nearly instant pain. The less of the fatty foods, the less it hurts. I have also found sitting in a reclined position helps and a heating pad when it's really bad. 
    Its absolutely worst when in an upright position. 

eta. By the end of the day, I always have it too. These are just ways I've found it more manageable. 
    I also find putting pressure on the spot that hurts help
    CP September 2019
  • @sarah0985 I'm on a preventative acid reflux medication daily (was omeprazole, but when my dr found out I was trying, he switched me) as I have GERD and silent reflux.  I'm not sure what they will say when I see them this Friday, I hate to take too many medications throughout my pregnancy, but at times it is so unbearable.
  • @Jen_Shoes I have no idea why I keep doing it. I pretty much spend all week wondering the same thing. I think about saying no then feel guilty that I could watch her since I don't have anything else to do. But I get a break for now so yay!
  • @jen_shoes I hear ya on trying not to take meds but my heart burn and indigestion got to the point that I had to. I was waking up all night long. Zantac barely did anything so she told me to take Prilosec. It at least Keeps the heartburn away and it was just through the switch I noticed a small decrease in the pain. I wonder why your doctor took you off the omeprazole? My doctor said its safe and so does dr. Google. (Always reliable obviously. Haha)
    CP September 2019
  • @sarah0985 My doctor stated it was a Category C, which by google means that there were some issues in animal trials but not enough evidence in human trials to show there are any side effects.  He switched me to pantoprazole which is a Category B drug just to be safe. 
  • Jen_Shoes said:
    @sarah0985 My doctor stated it was a Category C, which by google means that there were some issues in animal trials but not enough evidence in human trials to show there are any side effects.  He switched me to pantoprazole which is a Category B drug just to be safe. 
    I was wondering why that was lower on the list of medications my doctor wanted to try...But so far baby looks good and 95% of the time I am in no pain.
  • @Jen_Shoes best case scenario the EIF is gone or was never there to start or at the very least is the only variation on the U/S that comes up
  • How far along are you? 25 +2 weeks today

How big is baby? Size of the head of Thor's hammer (haha I love it!)

Symptoms? Not sleeping well, acid reflux (on top of already having GERD and a hiatal hernia, it has been rough recently-had an episode Sunday night that was not fun), NBR stress...

Cravings? nothing really...

Rants/Raves/Questions? NBR rant- we had a pretty stressful weekend dealing with our realtor and house stuff. We're pretty upset with her and I think that stress contributed to my stomach episode. And our internet sucks at the house so I haven't been able to post much, which is why this is so late, sorry about that! 

GTKY: What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? I've had to try just about every type of sea food there is and I hate it all. My family always made me try whatever I said I didn't like because you can't say you don't like something without trying it first...umm when something smells gross I don't want to try it! haha So, probably squid is the most unusual...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin