September 2017 Moms

Telling the difference between normal spotting and not normal spotting

edited February 2017 in September 2017 Moms
i know no one here is a dr and I need to call mine first thing Monday and I know there are other spotting threads so I apologize in advance 

last night DH and I had sex and this morning I woke up to dark brown spotting ...I know spotting can be normal but is there anything I should look for that should concern me? No cramping..we've had sex before with no spotting afterwards..but this morning it was just dark brown blood on the toilet paper (sorry I know that's gross ). I'm about 9.5 weeks and had my last ultrasound last Tuesday where we had a strong heartbeat and even saw the baby wiggle....so I'm trying really hard not to freak out 
Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
Married: 05.2012  
TW:
TTC #1 Since April 2016
HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02

Re: Telling the difference between normal spotting and not normal spotting

• BostonBaby1BostonBaby1 member
    edited February 2017
    Spotting is very normal in early pregnancy.

The cervix gets filled with blood and if you bump it during intercourse then spotting is even more common.

Despite this, as you stated, you need to check with your doctor.

*eta- I know it is scary and nerve wracking.  A bright red flow with cramping/lower back pain is typically a sign of concern. But even that could easily be from a SCH and not the worst case scenario.

• Thank you! I'm hoping my cervix just got a little irritated but either way we'll be holding off on anymore sex until I see the dr 
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02