Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Cycles After Miscarrying

How long before you went back to your normal cycle after miscarrying?  

Re: Cycles After Miscarrying

• I had a 9w2d loss requiring a D&C for hemhorrage on 6/22/15. My pre-op HCG was 10,000 (baby had died sometime after my 8w1d scan where it had a heartbeat and perfect growth). I didn't hit <5 HCG until 7/14/15. I ovulated 3 days after that on CD25. I had a normal 12 day luteal phase.

I had a 5w5d chemical that I lost 5/19/16. The very next cycle I ovulated on CD16 and had a normal 13 day luteal phase.

I had a 4w6d chemical that I lost 10/9/16. The very next cycle I ovulated on CD17 and had a normal 13 day luteal phase.

This time I had a cornual ectopic diagnosed and terminated with a direct injection of methotrexate to the gestational sac plus an intramuscular injection of the same at 7w5d and a beta of 15,066 last week. I only started CD1 bleeding yesterday. My beta HCG is already down to 4,303 today. I have not passed the sac yet. I could still absorb it slowly between the 3 month to 6 month post-op if it doesn't pass. In any event, with methotrexate I absolutely am prohibited from TTC for the next 3 months.
  • I am 2 months out and had a normal cycle the first month (  4 weeks later). And no period last month, hoping this month it starts to regulate. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the signs of O last week at 2 weeks out from my MC. Hoping to see AF around mid-Feb but it is a waiting game for me too right now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went for a final u/s yesterday to make sure all was clear from my miscarriage two weeks ago and the OB could see a follicle in my ovary. OB said it looked like I was going to ovulate soon. So it sounds like I will be right back in track.
  • I've heard ladies that went back right away and others that took more than 6 months to regulate.  I would just keep track of things and hope that you regulate  soon.  Good luck.

@GhanimaAtreides My Dr said its 3 months after HCG hits zero so you can have a good 3 months of folic acid intake via natural sources and PNVs. But, she is more of a naturalpath.  I've heard of some women requesting a folate test to see where their levels were at if they were in a hurry to ttc.  I did so much research online (medical journals and studies) and there is not a definitive answer.  It seems that it comes down to the doctors school of thought.  
  • @KristiSigma that's great news! Been thinking of you and hoping you're doing okay.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Thanks! I have been laying low and dreading that appointment. Now that it is over, I feel like a burden has been lifted. Hope you are doing ok!
  • @KristiSigma just waiting for AF to try again! Will you be joining us in TTGP? If so, I'll look out for you!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 not quite ready but maybe soon. Xo 
  • I had a D, E + C in January and it took 4.5 weeks after my surgery for AF to return. The doctor told me around 6 weeks so I was a little surprised it came sooner. 
  • I had a CP end of December and the bleeding for it started first week of Jan.  Doctor said my first real period should start early Feb and it did.  I'm halfway thru my 2nd month after loss and I feel like its back to normal.  Way more CM btw which gives me hope.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My period came on day 32 after mc.  I think I've regulated but I was never clockwork anyway. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• This past CP I just had I didn't O until CD21 and I usually O on CD14. I wonder if my LP will be the same? 
  • @justsuzie my guess is it won't shorten your LP - you will have a longer cycle than normal
  • @vlagrl29 Thanks, and hope so!  I got 5 days of positive OPKs, something that has never happened before.  I usually just get one the same darkness as the control and the next day one darker than the control.  This month I got 4 days of just as dark as control and then the 5th day it was darker.  So weird.  Don't really know what to think this cycle. 
  • @justsuzie - I use the digital and am still waiting for my damn smile face!  All week tons of fertile CM - both water and stretchy.  It's insane as I've never had this much stuff come out before.  I literally sneezed and it came out yet no smile face.  Today alone on 3 separate occasions more came out.  I was cleaning today and felt it - thought maybe it was due to my possible UTI so I pulled down my underware and saw it was EWCM.  I was so dry last month.  So far we BD on Sunday, Tues and we will again tomorrow.  Every time I see it I just don't want to waste any lol.
  • @vlagrl29 EWCM tends to be more reliable than OPKs. Just think - HCG can turn an OPK positive and you aren't fertile because you're already pregnant! 

• @NYTino24- true that's how I found out I was pregnant in December with taking OPKs mid cycle.  CD 15 and still not a positive.  oh will we will still HIO.
  • @vlagrl29 I am having the opposite problem. Just watery cm. No egg white and the watery stuff really isn't that prevalent. Well good luck for you this cycle. Maybe all th cm is a good sign. You're body really wants a long term guest. 
  • lol I guess it does @justsuzie -  I decided if I can't get an OPK to turn positive then I will just get that progesterone tested on CD21 - hopefully it won't make much a difference since I don't know exactly what day I ovulated.
  • @GhanimaAtreides I'm sure your doctor is on top of it but one of the women in my March 2017 BMB group who also MC is still having issues because her doctor didn't worry over the fact that she hadn't passed everything and the retained tissue hardened and blocked one of her tubes. She's said it's a very rare condition but her old doctor was very dismissive and didn't pay attention. I think it's because of what happened with her that I'm so vocal with my own doctor.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @rainafire77 Hopefully I can avoid that since they're doing an ultrasound when my HCG reaches zero and slating a saline infused sonography before clearing me to TTC.
  • Looks like I ovulated on CD23 last cycle (first after loss) and had a 10 day LP instead of 12-14. This cycle I ovulated on CD14 (earliest ever) and now I'm nervous about low progesterone again. I have an appointment with MFM on Tuesday, so hopefully they will test it on CD23.