September 2017 Moms
Options

Zika

2»

Re: Zika

• Options
    @BookitBoo I live in North Eastern Pa and they are talking about Zika up here!  I did not get a Zika pamphlet but it was discussed twice at two seperate appointments.  I think the concern is mostly uncertainty.   I'm only traveling as far south as Delaware this year so I'm not very concerned at all. 
  • Options
    I'm in TN but we have our yard sprayed for ticks, fleas and mosquitos every summer. It works really well. Well do it again this spring/summer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall eek! Too close for comfort! Where are you at again? I'm in Houston...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    @Texafornian Corpus Christi. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    I'm in TN but we have our yard sprayed for ticks, fleas and mosquitos every summer. It works really well. Well do it again this spring/summer. 
    It is so funny to me how even in the same country things can be so different! When mama was stationed in homestead (right next to Miami) they would spray with great big crop dusters every week. You would see a difference in the mosquito pop for maaaaybe an hour, and then it was like nothing ever happened. Where we live now (North Florida) the county will come out and spray once every week or two. It's craziness
  • Options
    @BookitBoo I'm in North Florida too!  :D
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    @LaceyC1020

oooh nice! 
  • Options
    jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited February 2017
    BookitBoo said:
    It is so funny to me how even in the same country things can be so different! When mama was stationed in homestead (right next to Miami) they would spray with great big crop dusters every week. You would see a difference in the mosquito pop for maaaaybe an hour, and then it was like nothing ever happened. Where we live now (North Florida) the county will come out and spray once every week or two. It's craziness
    My mom grew up near there! Yeah we spray our yard (1.5 acres) once a month and not a single mosquito, flea or tick will be on our property. Now I will say we have an awesome yard company and they don't water their stuff down. My dad had a national company spray his yard a mile down the road and it did squat. 

Edit: grammar 
  • Options
    From what I have been told, Zika is only a threat in the first trimester because it affects organogenesis. Once you're out of the first trimester the threat of Zika isn't too big of a deal. However, even though I have been told these things by multiple medical professionals, I still plan to protect myself while I'm pregnant. I just know that once I'm out of the first trimester I can breathe a little easier.