June 2017 Moms

UO Thursday - 2/2 Edition

2»

Re: UO Thursday - 2/2 Edition

• @Mother0fDragons I didn't read a tone of anger or frustration in your initial post.  I merely saw something in the line I bolded that I empathized with and wanted to reach out in hopes of stating that while some folks might be assholes and others don't seem to care, many still do despite being fed up with the political atmosphere.  I understand the feeling of "this is too important to just drop" and in my life I have at times felt frustrated in not seeing others willing to do more or say more on issues impacting me or my loved ones.  I just wanted to note that to you even though it wasn't requested since I sensed an emotional fatigue in your post that hit home.  I've been in that spot (hence my extending the olive branch comment).  I truly felt bad for what I perceived as exacerbation on your side.  I read your subsequent replies to me as you being upset or angry by a misunderstanding of my intent. Just as you feel I made assumptions, I feel you made assumptions about what I am saying.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ladylolly89 I think you inadvertently described PSL culture in your post. HA! No judgement though. 

• @krex I love both too. I wish there was a White Castle near me... 

@ladylolly89 I am the same way. No answering doors or phones unless I know who it is and want to talk. 
  • @ladylolly89 I think you inadvertently described PSL culture in your post. HA! No judgement though. 

I was guessing that's what you meant? I wasn't sure if it was the norm everywhere, but it is here! We just do that for fun because of the stereotype here - West Omaha white girls in leggings and UGGs getting PSLs. :lol: Only my sister is Guatemalan.
    No need for no judgement - I'm normally in the "leggings are not pants, cover your butt" camp. 
  • I love wearing socks. I do wear flip flops and sandals in the summer - but it is rare if you see me without any socks or shoes/sandals/flats on. Yes, I even wear them to bed - can't sleep without them! 
  • I don't really like Nutella. There, I said it! #UO
    Are you serious?!?!. Nutella and strawberries are my go to treat. Or Nutella and bananas, ice cream, toast, a spoon.. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
    Are you serious?!?!. Nutella and strawberries are my go to treat. Or Nutella and bananas, ice cream, toast, a spoon.. 
    I don't actively dislike it, I would just prefer peanut butter instead. More for everyone else! (Apparently I totally nailed my first UO Thursday though!) 
  • Confession: I have never had nutella
  • erinh84 said:
    My UO: Beyoncé's pregnancy announcement looks like a cheesy glamour shot from the 90's. maybe this is a PO. Idk, all I know is it ain't cute.
    Oh my word, yes!!!! If you want to see some funny comments about it, head over to The Knot, go to the Wedding Woes board, and read the :headtilt: thread. Hilarious!
    That makes me want a Nutella smoothie.  I use ice cream, bananas, Nutella and milk.  Yummmm
  • Elyse1384 said:
    I don't really like Nutella. There, I said it! #UO
    That makes me want a Nutella smoothie.  I use ice cream, bananas, Nutella and milk.  Yummmm

**Stuck in the box**

I just tried to send my husband to the store for ice cream. He told me to get off TB haha. I'm totally grabbing some tomorrow though! 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • I cosign with @CapricaAndrea in that I have zero interest in Nutella and don't understand the appeal. 

@Mother0fDragons I also have a lot at stake in the immigration debate and feel absolutely incensed with how cavalier some people are that feel the opposite. Similar to what I imagine the Personhood bill issue is like, it inflames me that some folks are not trying to understand the experience of "others" (quotation marks intentional). That and the underlying racism drives me mad. 
  • Now I want Nutella on graham crackers.  
  • @JessyKV That's my go - to sweet treat!!   <3<3<3

• To all the Nutella lovers on here, my local Krispy Kreme currently has a Nutella filled donut. Due to this thread, I now have to go get one.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker