February 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday/Friday ticker change (2/2 & 3)

kswiger06kswiger06 member
edited February 2017 in February 2017 Moms
How far along are you/How old is baby?

How big is baby? 

When is your/your baby's next appointment? 

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What was your favorite toy/activity as a kid, and is it something you want your LO to like as well?

@concreteangell is having her baby today, so I'm temporarily filling in. Goodluck today EDD twin!! 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Thursday/Friday ticker change (2/2 & 3)

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    39 weeks!! 

How big is baby? 
    size of a box of a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts!!

When is your next appointment? 
    tomorrow (friday) for my 39 week check up.

nothing physically, but I never made it to 40 weeks so that's a good enough sign to me.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I developed a cold. Right now my husband and I have it. The kids were talking about all the sick people at school, so I'm hoping they are immune and are just the carriers. I'd really like it if we can get it out of our systems before the baby comes.

GTKY: What was your favorite toy/activity as a kid, and is it something you want your LO to like as well?
    I loved to play with barbies all the time. I used to play with them in the bath. Since I'm having a boy, I'd kind of rather him want to bring monster trucks into the tub.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you/How old is baby?
    37 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Honeydew melon
    When is your/your baby's next appointment? 
    38 week appointment next Wednesday
    Having some contractions but my MW said they could mean nothing
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Oops, I posted 2 mins after this one was posted thinking I'd start the thread!  
    If I have a girl I'd love her to be in to American Girl dolls.  I still have mine!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CurlyCupcake21 I never played with those, but I thought they were expensive?  (Maybe that's why I never had any? Lol)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 yeah, back when I got mine they were something like $70 or $80.  I saved up all of my first communion money to get one because my parents didn't obviously want to spend that much on a doll.  Funny thing is that when my niece turned 5 my mom was super excited to take her to the American Girl store to get her a doll.  That was 5 years ago and they were over $100!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my goodness!! That must be why I never had one. Lol... did you say something to your mom about it? I totally call my mom out when she does something for a grandkid that she didn't do for us growing up. It's pretty fun to get her going.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    Oh my goodness!! That must be why I never had one. Lol... did you say something to your mom about it? I totally call my mom out when she does something for a grandkid that she didn't do for us growing up. It's pretty fun to get her going.

SITB: I never said anything because I was also excited to go to the store with my niece.  The three of us went and picked out her doll and it was such a fun special thing for her that I really loved being part of!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you/How old is baby? 37 weeks

How big is baby? size of an Apple pie

When is your/your baby's next appointment? tomorrow 

He is definitely lower. I'm getting alot of pelvic pressure, but I don't think he's coming out anytime soon 
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 

I loved barbies and babies. I have all boys and they do play with babies, but just long enough to say "its a baby", and then walk away. They love trains and cars way more then any of their other toys. 
  • Options
    How far along are you/How old is baby? 38 weeks

How big is baby?  Doc thinks 7.25 lbs which sounds really big with weeks left to go!

When is your/your baby's next appointment?  Next Thursday

Any signs that baby could be coming soon?  Nada

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Just hoping I start having some signs of labor sometime soon.  I'm worried I'm going to be the 42 weeks pregnant lady still sitting here waiting...

I don't think I had a favorite toy, but I did ballet and loved it and got very serious about it when I was a teenager. But I won't be pushing any activity on her, whatever she is interested in we will encourage.
  • Options
    @AliJorgensen29 when our daughter was born we had baby dolls in the house, our son (he was about 3 at this time) would carry my purse around with a baby doll and pretend to change the baby's diaper lol. He used my purse like the diaper bag, I thought it was so sweet.

@MissMerciBeaucoup I always thought ballet would be something I would have enjoyed!! In more recent years I've tried talking my husband into taking ballroom dancing classes with me. But that's like asking the grass to turn red instead of green lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 we did ballroom dance classes very briefly!  My husband had to be dragged there, but he didn't hate it once we were there.  We only went to a few, but it was helpful - we always have a good time at weddings and stuff busting out our foxtrot, etc.!
  • Options
    37 weeks!

Dr said approx 6 lbs on 1/30

Monday, weekly checkup

I get BH everyday and lately they're more intense, I was 1cm dilated at my check up and baby girl is in position and engaged

I loved my Stuffed animals, bike riding, archery,  fishing and I also did dance and gymnastics. I am supportive of my little girl doing any safe activity that makes her happy. I know my husband and I would love to take her fishing and to do outdoorsy stuff if she enjoys it like we do.
  • Options
    How far along are you/How old is baby? 38 wks!

How big is baby? Winter melon supposedly but 7lbs 14oz at the growth ultrasound today

When is your/your baby's next appointment? Saturday- we find out the inducing schedule

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? Because of the GD and insulin they won't let me go past 39 wks. So I'm having a baby this week! Otherwise, she is SUPER low and is causing a lot of pressure/pain on my cervix/pelvis.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Walking sucks rn.

I love love love reading. When I was a kid I was a voracious reader. @CurlyCupcake21 i never had an American Girl doll but I had a ton of the books! I hope baby loves reading.
  • Options
    @kswiger06 that's so sweet! 
  • Options
    How far along are you/How old is baby? 37 weeks

How big is baby?
    Romaine Lettuce

When is your/your baby's next appointment? 37 week OB appointment this afternoon, had my last ultrasound yesterday.

Any signs that baby could be coming soon? I've been have some strong Braxton Hicks contractions all morning.  C-section is scheduled for February 17 only two more weeks to go.

Rant/Rave/Questions? None

GTKY: What was your favorite toy/activity as a kid, and is it something you want your LO to like as well?  I played soccer as a kid and we actually just signed our 3 1/2 year old twins up for U4.  Can't wait to get all the kids into it.

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker