October 2017 Moms

Announcing to your S/O?

I found out Monday morning, and I still haven’t told him. I ordered a Harry Potter Snitch from Etsy, it’s supposed to ship in a couple days. I’ll probably go with that. 5 years ago when I found out, I rushed upstairs, super excited, woke him up, since he was basically still asleep he didn't show much emotion.  After he woke up and realized he was excited but I was at work, either way it definitely bummed me out. Now this time around DD will be 5 when this LO comes, and I’m kind of nervous to “start over” again. Maybe that's another reason I haven't told him. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Announcing to your S/O?

• The day I found out, I ran out and bought a onesie that says "A Mom and Dad Production" and gave it to him as a gift. Then just showed him the test, lol. He didn't believe me at first but ended up being super excited

TTC since 01/2011
    07/2013 - First round of testing  - CD21 and CD3 blood tests and HSG  + multiple SAs for DH
    07/2013 - Diagnosis - Anovulatory and DH has very low counts - Referral to urologist for further testing
    08/2013 - Urologist showed varcocele veins and testicular defect from birth. Unable to repair
    11/2013 - Consult with RE regarding treatment. Benched due to finances
    2014/2015 - Took break from pursuing treatment, moved to a new province
    06/2016 - DH redid SA as per direction from new family doctor - Counts have increased!!
    07/2016 - Consult with new RE - ordered a repeat HSG
    09/2016 - Providing no issues on HSG - Scheduled to start first IUI with Clomid
    01/17/2017 - First IUI with Clomid - BFP - M/C @ 9 weeks

Come on Baby "B"! Time to come out and play!

• lol I'm opposite. First baby I got a really cute lakers shirt that said baby *****  (our last name) on the back. He was so happy he cried. This time he said he wanted to know immediately, so I took one at 5am before work, when I got the BFP, I woke him up, and it was the most I'm tired and still trying to understand what's going on reaction ever! I hated it. He was super stoked when we both got home from work, so I enjoyed that, but I missed him waking up and comprehending it. We're so happy! 
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Loading the player...
  • The day I got the positive test I went out and bought a big sister shirt for DD and we surprised him when he came home from work. It was fun and we'll probably use the same shirt when we tell our family. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I told my husband right away..as I am pregnant with abby #3 but when do you tell DD & DS that are 2 & 4 years old.  I thought to wait until I want to announce to the world because they will tell their teachers and so on.. 
    Anniversary

• Kirss can I just say I love the snitch?! HP for the win!

I did the same thing as HeartItRaces. DD is 3 (4 in April), so I bought her a shirt that says Best Sis Ever. I put it on her, put her sweater on over top of it and waited for him to come home from work (he had been out of town last week, and came home Friday evening). At dinner time, I asked him to put DD up to the table and to take her sweater off so she wouldn't get food all over it.... he took it off, but didn't notice the shirt!!! So I grabbed the pee stick, and put it in my pocket, walked up to the table and asked DD "Did daddy like your new shirt?" She asked, do you like my shirt daddy? He read the shirt, looked down, then did a double take, looked at me and said You're pregnant?! (We've been trying for 13 months). I said yes, congratulations daddy while handing him the sticks. It was awesome to get to include her in the announcement. :)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
     May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
      Image result for birthday cake explodes balloon gif

• Ours was super unromantic.  lol Saturday is was super sick, he took one look at me and with a smug smile said "you're pregnant" 

I told him I wasn't.  So he went a bought a couple tests, I took them and here we are.  lol  

Though I'll probably think of a cute fun way to tell the two older boys once we're ready to tell people.   When we were pregnant with our 3rd we bought the big boys "big brother" shirts and let them loose at a family gathering.  
    Momma to 3 amazing boys: 12, 8 & 1

Wife of 14 years to one amazing Hubby

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was pretty lame. We just got back from our trip to Mexico the night before  ( already been tested for Zika) and while we were gone my quarterly wine shipment had arrived. I sat in the couch and asked if the wine would save in the basement. When he asked why I showed him the stick. Wish I was more creative :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • emwj10187emwj10187 member
    edited February 2017
    This is my first pregnancy. I woke earlier than normal last monday, felt funny so i tested. It was positive, but faint. Took 2 more ( different brands) all of of them faint positives. I went back to the bedroom, and asked DH if i could turn the light on, he mumbled "mmhhmm". I sat on the end of the bed and just said " babe i think I'm pregnant" He sat right  up, with a big grin on his face and asked "really???". We laid in bed for the next hour just dreaming of our little bean...it was really sweet. Not creative at all, but sweet. 
    \

• With DS, I tested after dropping DH off at a golf tournament. Stupid. Because then I had to wait 6 hours to tell him! After I picked him up, I took him to Walmart to get something and I parked in the "expectant mothers" spot. He said "you can't park here" and I said "yes I can". 

With our last pregnancy (MMC), I really didn't think I was pregnant so I didn't test until my period was 3 days late. When it turned up positive (in like 2 seconds on a FRER lol), I was going to surprise him the same way since he was going golfing again. But I got too impatient and just shoved the POAS in his face at 6am. 

This time I tested before he woke up. Then I made a sign that said "guess what!" and posted it in our hallway with pink and blue bows on either side of it. Yeah. He didn't get it...LOL! Worst part was that I was videotaping him and his reaction was horrible. "Why are you filming me in my underwear?!"
  • Why are you filming me in my underwear?!"
    That's what my DH said! I made him open a gift box with some bibs. 
  • Holy crap, I have a long list here...

With our first, I gave him a gift bag with some plain onesies and a "Baby on Board" sign. He goes "are you sure?" So I showed him the super positive tests (I was several days late, so they were super dark and hard to deny lol)

With our second, he was there when I took the test. It was super super faint so he didn't believe it, which took the fun and excitement out of it

With our third, I took a test while he was at work so I called him and said "hey, so, guess what?" And he goes "you're pregnant" just as a joke. And I said yep. It was totally unromantic but funny

With my first CP, I told him when he got home, I took him up to the bathroom and showed him all the sticks.

Second CP, I didn't really talk about it

Last pregnancy, I took a test super early, I saw the faint line, he didn't. Next day, I took 3 and then called him in the bathroom and go "I told you I'm pregnant"

This time, I was trying to hold out on testing, but at 8dpo, he kept telling me to start testing. So I did and the faintest little line came up and I starting crying. I went downstairs,waited for him to quit yelling at the kids  (ah parenthood) and told him "so I took a test" he went "are you pregnant" and I just looked at him and smiled. He goes "are you?" And I nodded and he was so excited 
  • First baby, I tested the morning he left for a bachelor party and didn't tell him until he came back a few days later. I left two bowls of jelly beans on the coffee table and he came in and said "his and hers jelly beans? What are we having a baby or something?" I said yes and he was so excited. 

Second baby, we went out for dinner. When the rolls came at the start of the meal, I didn't make a move for one...which he found surprising because I love carbs haha. He said aren't you having one? And I replied I've already got a bun in the oven.  again, he was really excited but tried to contain it given we were in a quiet restaurant. 

Now with our third, we were in the middle of cleaning up after dinner when I couldn't take it anymore so I went to the bathroom to test even thought it was 5 days early. I got a BFP but didn't say anything. We had our normal evening, bathing the kids, laying them down for the night. He went to get something from the store and I quickly made a card that said "You + Me" on the front and "= 5" on the inside with the test taped in. It was also the only time I thought to capture his reaction to the news!

• I found out early, only 9 DPO, so I felt like I was cheating, knowing so early! Thought I'd hold off for a while before telling my husband. That evening we were watching TV on the couch, and he said, "So I might have some news." I recognized his tone. We've been preventing for a year because of illness, and I started to DETEST hearing about everyone else's pregnancy announcements, so whenever he had to tell me about one in the family or friend circle he'd get all serious and say, 'I might have some news...'

This time he told me that our friends, the ones who were visiting the next day, were pregnant. Turns out my friend was 22 weeks pregnant but hadn't told me, because she knew it was a delicate situation for me! So he says, 'xxxx might be pregnant' and I just turned around and said, 'good, because so am I.'

Then we essentially went back to watching TV. It was ridiculously low-key. After a loss, we're both not  in a hurry to get attached. This whole thing is so abstract. 
    Due with rainbow rainbow rainbow baby on 9/29/17
    It's been a long road- Let's just say that! 
  • Our first pregnancy I had a really cute onesie saved up to give him.  He loved it.

For our son he was working overnights and I asked him to buy a test before he came home.  I tested and jumped in the shower.  I peeked because I couldn't wait and saw that beautiful BFP.  He came in a few minutes later and asked if I saw it.  I said no, why?  He then said because I don't think it's working, we have to give it more time.  It was a digital one and super clear. 

For this one I yelled from the bathroom to come here, I think I might be pregnant.  This of course after deciding we were done trying.  It was hilarious the both of us with bad eye-sight trying to figure out what we were seeing.  Then a few hours later at work I took a digital one that confirmed it and sent him the video of the last minute.  It took him 2 hours before he watched the video!!
  • I decided to test about 9dpo after DH went to work. I had the same faint line that I had with my BFP with DD. I knew he wouldn't be home until that evening, but he doesn't work far from home, so I told him our daughter wanted him to eat lunch with us. I left him a little note and the test at his spot at the table and let him find it while I was fixing lunch lol. He was so surprised, because I'd just told him the day before I felt like we weren't successful this month. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know how women wait to tell their DH's! I am so not a patient person. That being said this go-round (#4) I'm kind of being forced to wait. He had a job interview today and I wanted to make sure his brain was fully on his interview. Plus (if you end up seeing my other post) my BFP was pretty faint this morning and non-existent this afternoon. So I need another test before I share. That being said I have NO idea how I'm going to tell him. I've never actually done anything fun, but maybe I will this time since this is probably our last (assuming I get another BFP).
  • So I think I know what I want to do. We need to go grocery shopping tomorrow so I'm going to start a list and randomly put things like pregnancy tea, prenatals, diapers size N, etc. And see if he catches it. Lol.
  • With DS1 I had a onsie and wrapped it up. I had intended it for DHs birthday, but wasn't pregnant that cycle, so the following month I said I forgot to give him one of his gifts and video taped his reaction. This time I was traveling to Vegas for work and DH told me he wanted to know the second I did. I tested at 8dpo bc there was going to be drinking that night, and was shocked to get a BFP so early. I wound up calling DH to give him the news. It was a very quick conversation, so different from the first time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Haha we're so boring. We have been TTC #2 so i had a log on our bedroom dressser that had all my pee sticks (opks and hpt) so naturally he saw them everyday. When he saw the lines on on the hpt he said "so im guessing this one means baby..." Lol. With DD I took a digi and showed him he was so shocked he saod "pregnant. What does that mean.." Lmao!
  • My husband found out the same time I did, lol. I was in the ER following a car accident last week. Before they did the X-Ray, they gave me a pregnancy test. The nurse told us both at the same time that I had a BFP. I was barely 3 weeks pregnant at the time, so we were both definitely shocked! 
  • Hahah, we are so boring! I can't remember how I told him with our first. With this one, he was brushing his teeth next to me while I POTS. He walked out when he was done to get our son dressed for the day, and I frantically called him to the bathroom before the test wait time was even done. His reaction, "I already knew. I was waiting for you to get your confirmation.". The night before I was sooooooooo tired I went to sleep at 5:30 PM. He sent me flowers later in the day after we found out. That was a nice surprise!
  • @kitty4scott that is so cute he sent you flowers! Ugh wish DH would have done something sweet like that for me. Lol.
  • I showed him this picture instead of bringing up Scriptures on my phone because we read every night together and he goes "this isn't scriptures" and I said "no what is it?" And he's like "idk...." and pauses to think and then says "is it saying you're pregnant?" *face palm* this is why I'm never creative. He does better with a neon "I'm pregnant" sign...
  • I had a UTI during tww and the doctor prescribed me an unsafe antibiotic that I refused to take before AF showed or a BFP. Took d mannose which ended up doing the trick. Thank goodness. Took a test and it was positive! I revealed the news to my DH by just telling him I'm so glad I didn't end up taking the those antibiotics. He got it RIGHT AWAY. Not really all that sentimental but got the job done!
  • LOL, I took a test two days ago that we both kept turning, squinting at, and holding up to the light.  This morning, we watched the test turn together, then hugged and squealed and danced around the house.
  • @babymish That made me tear up for some reason. Gettin my stone cold heart in all the feels. 

I lack ceremony in all aspects of life. First pregnancy I just came downstairs while he was watching tv and said "I think I'm pregnant but we'll wait till tomorrow and take another test." He was like, "Wait, what?" This time I called while he was at work and said "Pretty sure I'm pregnant again." And kept rambling. He interrupted and said "Oh, wait, you ARE pregnant?" I have overwhelming fears of loss so we don't like to celebrate too soon just to guard our emotions. 
  • I took my tests this morning after DH went to work. Then felt immediately guilty for not waiting for him lol I went out and bought a Big Sis shirt for DD, and put it on her before he got home. I was in our backyard when he got home and I could hear him telling DD "it's very pretty!" As she was showing off her new shirt. Apparently he didn't read it, though, and then saw me laughing. Then he finally read it and it clicked lol

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I found out on Saturday morning. I walked out of the bathroom with the positive test, said, "I have a belated birthday present for you," and handed him the test. His response was, "Holy s***!" and a fist bump. LOL
  • I bought a card that said "Bravo!" and on the inside "Encore Encore" he did not get it. He thought I was giving him gifts for being a real witch lately but I had 6 boxes and he had to open them in order. 

1) A box of cleaning supplies that said, if you want your wife to not have a reason to complain, pitch in
    2) If you want to make your wife feel relaxed, rub her feet once in awhile without her asking---2 bottles of my favorite lotion
    3) If she is hangry, give her these- Had Reeses Easter Eggs in there (I ate those when Nauseated with our son)
    4) A coupon to buy a video game at any ONLINE retailer, he gets no instant gratification because I don't get my next round of entertainment for 9 months..under was the 4 or 5 tests lol. 
    5) A set of "I'm The Daddy" scrubs to wear to hospital, he forget them last time so they were still brand new in package lol, also he has been complaining of wanting to drop 15lbs so to fit it, he has to. 
    6) A boppy body pillow, a gift for your wife. (By this time he already knew and I told him when I got pregnant again I was buying another lol)

Of course he did not believe because lines were so faint and I ovulated late so we went to walmart after dinner and got a clear blue digital. That shut him up. I go to clinic today to get my letter confirming for insurance purposes and he still wants me to text him to let him know they see line smh
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • @ShakeUpTampa, I know I'm super hormonal, but your announcement to DH made me bawl...Okay...Need to stop crying now!
  • @ShakeUpTampa, I know I'm super hormonal, but your announcement to DH made me bawl...Okay...Need to stop crying now!
    LoL I was trying to keep a straight face and record it on video , the whole time he was thinking it was a gift for being a total crazy person a week prior (He said something that triggered me on my grief of losing my Mom and I lost my marbles) but he is super excited and keeping the secret is killing him because he has legit NO friends and his brother is one of the BIGGEST we are keeping from since he is dad of my sisters twins....we want absolutely no one to know in our families for as long as possible since they have a shower in March and due in May but probably arrive April. If I could hide from the world until July (6 months) it would be epic..but that would take some stealthy work :p 
    Nichole Tampa, FL
  • On Sunday my hubby went fishing, and I had taken a test first thing in the morning. I didn't want to text him so I had to wait until he got home. And since you can't say anything in front of a 6 and almost-3 year old without the world knowing, I had to wait. So we went downstairs and he asked if I wanted a cigarette. I said "No I'm good" and handed him the test. He looked at it, turned it around the correct way, looked up at me and said "Really?!" then got a huge smile on his face and high five-d me. LOL  
    BabyFetus Ticker

• A couple years ago when we started trying, I bought a onesie of his fav football team.

After bfp #1, I wrapped it up for him with a cute card and gave it to him after work. Unfortunately, mmc, had to put the onesie away.

after bfp#2, obviously wasn't going for anything cutesy and just said, I think it's positive, after testing one morning. Unfortunately that was also a mmc.

onto bfp#3, again I wanted to do something cuter for our (hopefully) rainbow so I took out the football onesie and put it on his pillow for when he got home from work while I was reading in bed. I waited until he noticed and he had a huge smile on his face and said, you KU again?!? He was super happy. :) 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• I got my BFP Saturday morning but I kept it a secret all day and on Sunday morning I went out and bought a pacifier that says I Love My Daddy and gave it to him...kinda cheesy but he was freaking out anyway so it was fun! 
  • @canonmom413, yours is the second announcement I've read that's made me cry. Darn hormones!!