September 2017 Moms
Options

Stupid questions!

I'll start off by saying no question is really a stupid question! Any and ALL questions welcomed here!

Re: Stupid questions!

• Options
    Also, after using the word "question" so many times, it now sounds very strange.
  • Options
    I'll start...... are there any Kindara users on here? I used the app when ttc. It was a great way to chart for newbies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kailapop I used kindara!!! Loved it! 
  • Options
    Here's my stupid question. I'm a stm, during my first pregnancy I gained 76 pounds, mostly in the end of the second trimester and through the third. I felt the first kick about week 17, DH felt it on the outside around 18 or 19 weeks. I have lost 60 pounds but still have fat and stretched out skin around my belly. I know it may take DH longer to feel it on the outside this time because of my spare tire, but my stupid question is....  because of the weight gain and stuff, will it take me longer to feel movement internally?

Dumb question. I know. Lol. 
  • Options
    @daniellelynette I doubt you'll feel kicks later this time. If you do happen to feel the kicks the later it's probably not due to the spare tire (lol) but to placenta placement (IE anterior placenta instead of posterior placenta). 
  • Options
    For those of you who have had both sexes, were your pregnancies noticably different symptoms-wise? First tri with DS was sooooo much different than this first tri. 
  • Options
    Thanks @Becky012016 that's what I was hoping lol! I know it was kind of silly! I'm concerned about placenta previa, I've read it's common in pregnancies after c-sections, so I'm anxiously awaiting our US! 
  • Options
    Okay, same background and spare tire as Danielle.... but will it take longer for me to show this time? Lol 
  • Options
    @maddisonwallace Same question! I used to weigh 119 so I showed SUPER early with my first. My blump right now is out of control tho lol I'm bloated and fat so I look like I did at 15 weeks last time  :s
  • Options
    Ahh.. yes! Same question as @Becky012016! My pregnancy with my son was totally different than this one so far! Obviously it's not science, but I would love to hear some answers on this.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I almost started a dumb questions thread yesterday, because I've been wanting to ask a dumb question myself! Should I hold off on using a bath bomb while pregnant? Lush says all their products are safe to use while pregnant, but I'm worried about scents and things causing infections. 

• Options
    Are the body changes more dramatic when having a second child? I gained about 40 lbs with my first pregnancy and started out at about 105lbs. I'm now 115 lbs but I've always been told that the second baby isn't as "forgiving" as the first. I was back in prepregnancy jeans within five days during my first pregnancy. But then I gained weight back and no longer fit in said jeans because I'm lazy and don't exercise lol. 
  • Options
    I almost started a dumb questions thread yesterday, because I've been wanting to ask a dumb question myself! Should I hold off on using a bath bomb while pregnant? Lush says all their products are safe to use while pregnant, but I'm worried about scents and things causing infections. 
    I always feel so much more prone to UTI while pregnant.  I would probably avoid it but I don't have anything scientific to base my opinion on lol 
  • Options
    @awildrose haha thank you! My husband is totally convinced this one is a girl, but I still don't have a terribly strong feeling either way!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For those of you who have had both sexes, were your pregnancies noticably different symptoms-wise? First tri with DS was sooooo much different than this first tri. 
    My 1st PG I was nauseous but it was bearable, terrible sciatica, terrible heartburn- baby was a girl. My 2nd PG I was terribly nauseous, had to take diclegis, no sciatica, some heartburn- baby was a boy. This is my 3rd PG and I obviously don't know the sex yet, but if I'm comparing this PG to my previous ones, it's more similar to my PG with my daughter. 
  • Options

@amandarene112 I will tell you I did not research it in any way before doing so but I used a bath bomb about 2 weeks ago with no issues.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @maddisonwallace and @daniellelynette  I'm pretty sure you'll start showing earlier this time.  I was 120lbs before my first pregnancy, in really great yoga shape.  I didn't start showing until 18 weeks.  This time, I was probably 125lbs before getting pregnant, and I'm sitting here in maternity yoga pants (8 weeks tomorrow).  None of my pants fit.  All of my friends warned me that it'd happen sooner this time, but I cannot believe THIS early!
  • Options
    @Sprite2012 I'm 8+3 today and my jeans are starting to not fit too :( I think it's a combo of the leftover 15 pounds I still had yet to lose and some serious bloat and constipation causing this belly right now but maaaaaan... I'm gonna find my 15 week picture from last pregnancy and do a side by side with this belly cause I'm pretty sure they are the same size lol!
  • Options
    @Sprite2012  I've been drinking it occasionally.. like, I realllly need a coke and the machine doesn't have caffeine free. My Dr said to keep it under 200 mg a day, and that it is more about what percentage of your fluids are caffienated. I wasn't drinking 200 mg in a normal day before I was pregnant, so to me that seemed like a lot. She also said that in both her pregnancies she drank coffee in the morning, and sometimes a coke in the afternoon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Sprite2012 I have a cup of coffee once in a while but not every morning anymore, and I don't drink soda anymore. Sometimes if I have a headache I'll drink some coffee or steal a swig of DHs Mountain Dew. He loves that crap. 
  • Options
    This could be considered a stupid question - but who is drinking caffeine still?  I can't remember what I did with DS this early, but I recall drinking decaf iced coffee in the 3rd trimester.  This time, I've completely stopped all caffeine, and I don't even know why....
    I still have my matcha tea latte a few times a week! I think there's a caffeinated drink limit per day (recommended), but I can't remember what it is.
  • Options
    @Sprite2012 I gave up all caffeine, but only because 1) I'm not good at self-control when it comes to caffeine and would probably go way overboard and 2) I had a soda the day after my BFP and thought it tasted bad. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @Sprite2012 Caffeine makes me feel really weird and jittery, but only since I got pregnant. I've had a few caffeine free pops, and some caffeine free tea. My doctor said that one cup of tea or coffee, or one can of pop a day is fine. 

• Options
    @Sprite2012 my RE says it's perfectly ok to have one cup of coffee or equivalent a day. I have been trying to do half-caff or decaf coffee. As far as soda goes, it's very rare I have one. I remember with my last pregnancy I used caffeine as a cure for migraines. So I'm trying to not be dependent on it at this point. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Sprite2012 During my first pregnancy the smell of coffee made me so sick so I gave it up and really never started drinking it again.  I find now that my energy levels are more sustained without caffeine.  That being said, I do enjoy the occasional latte as a treat.  I usually do a decaf, but this morning I went for a caffeinated one at brunch.  My OB said the equivalent of a tall Starbucks is the limit per day.
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    This could be considered a stupid question - but who is drinking caffeine still?  I can't remember what I did with DS this early, but I recall drinking decaf iced coffee in the 3rd trimester.  This time, I've completely stopped all caffeine, and I don't even know why....
    I am. I tried cutting it cold turkey, but couldn't take the terrible headaches after 3 days. So now I'm doing just half caff.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you can have 200 mg or less of caffeine per day. I don't know what that translates to as far as cups of coffee/caffeinated soda/etc but it sounds like a good amount.  :p
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Sprite2012 I'm still drinking coffee because kids. My kid and the 31 kids I deal with daily. I've cut back though. I was drinking around three 10oz coffees a day. Now I'm just drinking one 10oz in the morning. 
  • Options
    I quit drinking caffeine with DS so about 20 months ago. He was super sensitive to it when I had caffeine BFing so I never drank it again. Now I get jittery if I have caffeine. 
    My bloat is crazy this time! 9 weeks tomorrow and only my boyfriend jeans fit. It didn't help I gained 5 pounds before I got pregnant. I'm short so any weight goes straight to my butt and thighs! I may wear yoga pants to work and dress them up ha! 
  • Options
    @Sprite2012, I switched to drinking 1/2 caf and bright it up to my doc. She said it's better not too drink decaf or 1/2 caf because of the chemicals use to take out the caffeine.  She said 200mg caffeine is fine and to check the package because different roasts contain different amounts of caffeine. 
  • Options
    @Sprite2012, I switched to drinking 1/2 caf and bright it up to my doc. She said it's better not too drink decaf or 1/2 caf because of the chemicals use to take out the caffeine.  She said 200mg caffeine is fine and to check the package because different roasts contain different amounts of caffeine. 
    well poo about decaf drinks! I quit drinking coffee this PG because it tastes gross to me. 
  • Options
    I stopped drinking coffee. But only because I haven't enjoyed the taste recently. :( 
  • Options
    Are the body changes more dramatic when having a second child? I gained about 40 lbs with my first pregnancy and started out at about 105lbs. I'm now 115 lbs but I've always been told that the second baby isn't as "forgiving" as the first. I was back in prepregnancy jeans within five days during my first pregnancy. But then I gained weight back and no longer fit in said jeans because I'm lazy and don't exercise lol. 
    OMG this! I wasn't quite as thin as you but with my DD I was 125 pre pregnancy and wound up losing at first because I was soooo sick and only wound up gaining around 40lbs. After DD I got a mirena iud, first year was awesome, second year I gained SO MUCH WEIGHT after losing all of my pregnancy weight. I'm starting this pregnancy off around 148 and it freaks me out to think how much am I going to have to lose this time around
  • Options
    awildrose said:
    @Becky012016 @beccam1230

I have two girls and those pregnancies were very different. I was convinced #2 was a boy because of it. Nope. 

And this time... again so very different. Maybe this will be my boy? 
    I have two boys and both my pregnancies were different as well....this one so far sure makes me
    convinced this is our last. I'm pretty miserable with MS & exhaustion....
  • Options
    I was told by my OB my first go around that using soaps and bombs and anything like that can cause bacterial infections more easily in pregnant women. I was distraught to hear that. Lol
  • Options
    I was told by my OB my first go around that using soaps and bombs and anything like that can cause bacterial infections more easily in pregnant women. I was distraught to hear that. Lol
    My best friend just sent me a ton of really awesome bath stuff  :'(:'( I am so sad lol
  • Options
    Very dumb quesiton here   :)  In the ultrasound board.... why is the void (i don't know what it is- the black pouch the baby is in?) a different size for everyone?  Like, the baby to void ratio is very different for each one. 
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021