May 2017 Moms
Options

Weight Check-In

Check-in's and updates time!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weight Check-In

• Options
    Started with low normal BMI - up 13 pounds at 23 weeks. 

So far I think that's tracking normal, but I'm worried about sticking to 25-30 pounds by the end. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    26.5 weeks right now. I started with a normal/low BMI and as of 3 weeks ago I was up 8lbs per my Dr. However, my scale says it's more like 14 lbs. I also feel like I'm measuring really big, so we will see what she says at my appt next week.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    At my dr's appt last Wednesday I was up 15 pounds at 23 weeks.  I'm scared... although I was kind of binging a bit around Christmas and last month.  I think I'm doing a better job of eating normally now.  I'd really like to stick to 25 pounds.... because I know how hard it is to lose.  
  • Options
    I'm up 8lbs at 24 weeks. It's kind of freaking me out, I was hoping to be closer to 5 at this point. 

Doc assures me I'm looking really good and 15-20lbs is okay for total gain, it just makes me feel so gross especially because I know the real weight gain is yet to come. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    Oh don't say that @WombThereItIs ! I'm up 100000lbs or so it seems. I'm terrified to get on the scale anymore, but as of last week I was up 22lbs at 22 weeks. I'm gaining very steadily. @BeachMommy2B makes me feel better, and my midwife told me your body is going to gain whatever it gains for the pregnancy (which seems like a copout to me), so I'm trying not to worry. I started with a low to normal BMI, and as of now I still have a "normal" BMI. I find the weight gain to be one of the most stressful things about (this) pregnancy, and I didn't think it'd be that way!
  • Options
    I always get nervous at the weight check at the doctor but then I remind myself that every pregnancy is different. I had a 10lb gain difference between DD1 and DD2 and did nothing different between the two pregnancies. And both babies were close to the same weight at birth. 

I'm currently up 10lbs at 24wks. I feel good about that because it gives me still 15-25 lbs of weight to gain to stay within a normal range for my BMI. With 16wks left I can still gain 1lb a week (which I know is going to happen come third trimester) 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options

24 weeks and I'm already up like 20 lbs. I was hoping to not gain as much weight this pregnancy but I'll probably gain over 40 again. I feel so heavy walking around already. I promised myself I wouldn't let the numbers on the scale get to me this time. I only weigh myself at the doctor and my memory is bad so I forget what it was the month prior : )

• Options
    @hp_momma , great reminder! At my last appointment at 24 weeks my Dr. did say that during the 2nd trimester you'll have a big, sudden jump in weight and that's totally normal and okay.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    At 23 weeks I was up 5. I've always been chunky so going to the scale at each appointment is the worst. Dr. is happy to see I'm gaining as I had/have terrible ms and was only losing. I haven't been restricting and have tried to eat better but overall I'm pretty happy where I'm at so far. I know weight gain is part of pregnancy so I'm really trying to get my head around that but on the flip side I am not good about keeping on certain diets and I hate the gym so trying to be vigilant and gain baby not doughnuts and ice cream. 
  • Options
    At 20 weeks I was 7 lbs down not sure if that is weight I lost then need to gain back or 7 lbs down from what they expected me to have gained. Now at 24 I gained 2 lbs Im at around 142. I have always had issues gaining but with my son I lost ten then gained 30 in total 20 over my original first appointment weight. They said if I don't start gaining next month then I'll have to start protein shakes but I am already doing that plus eating which I told them. We will see, hoping lo gets those fat cheeks in the next ultrasound that the MD said she would be looking for.
  • Options
    @BeachMommy2B Love the gif! @hp_momma Love the info. 

I am up about 20lbs at 24 weeks and while I would love it to be a few lbs less, I am not worried. Been gaining steadily and will probably gain about 40 total, and I will go over my original goal of 35lbs.  I can see in my face and legs that I am swelling and there just isn't much I can do that seems to work in decreasing that. meh. The weight will come after off if I want it to, so no need to stress. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher I'm prone to swelling too. monitoring your sodium intake can be so beneficial!

My goal is to stay under 1500mg of sodium. I think its extremely hard, but if I'm careful it helps a LOT! So I actually lost 8 pounds of water weight going on low sodium about a month ago then being really sick the past 3 weeks and not monitoring it went right back up about 6 pounds and I can tell a difference. So now that i'm feeling better I wil have to be more careful monitoring it.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited February 2017
    I think I weighed myself last week haha I try to remember to do it at least once a week, but sometimes forget! I'm up either 8 or 10 lbs. I say that because I swear my scale is different than my dr's and I measure in the morning whereas they measure in the afternoon since that's when my appointments are and they subtract 2 lbs. I have an appointment tomorrow, so we shall see! I'm supposed to stay between 10-15, 20 most so hopefully I'm okay...I didn't gain any during the first tri and then at my last appointment I think I was only up like 4 lbs and then jumped up a bunch in my opinion! Thanks, @hp_momma for the reminder that you gain more during second tri! Made me a feel a little better! 

I'm more concerned how the weight gain will affect my back...that's been the main concern, plus already being at a non ideal BMI to begin with. 

ETA: I'm 24+3

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @BeachMommy2B I really should monitor my sodium more now. I was doing better for a while. I am certain that (along with a fair number of other bad choices) are increasing my swelling. Maybe I will start right tracking after I finish this pizza  :#
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher I'm having dinner at my parents so I know i won't be back to tracking it until at least in the morning! #priorities :D
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've gained about 8 pounds in 23 weeks, but I'm more upset about the fact that it's been in the last month that I've gained the weight. I don't feel like I should be gaining 2 pounds a week! Definitely cried the first time it happened. It's making it very hard to stay between 15-20 pound gain! It also makes me wish my husband wasn't so gun ho about going to appointments with me. I didn't realize there would be some things I don't want him around for when I talk to the doctor!
  • Options
    @absbubbs yes my weight is a huge one for my husband and he chose last week to go with me when they finally said they are getting concerned so now he keeps bringing home baked goods which I guess is good but not good when I am full from dinner.
  • Options
    I'm up 20 pounds (27 weeks 1day) with DD I gained 29 lbs the goal being 25-35 pounds.  I'm really hoping to gain no more than 30 pounds this time around. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    Im up 30 pounds at 27 weeks and nervous because I have 14 more weeks to go....first pregnancy!

• Options
    I'm up about 16 pounds at 23 weeks.  As others have said, both this pregnancy and my last one I gained pretty sporadically throughout.  It really didn't seem to matter what I did or ate either.  This time around I was up about 8 pounds in early January and then about two weeks ago I shot up an additional 8 pounds kind of out of nowhere.  But since then I've held completely steady.  I don't like seeing the numbers on the scale creep up but I also try not to stress about it because I know I'm eating pretty well and getting decent exercise.
  • Options
    starphish18starphish18 member
    edited February 2017
    I started at 119 and am currently 142 at 24 weeks, so up 23 lbs. I gained quickly, about 15 lbs, in my first tri. I wasn't surprised, seeing that eating was the only thing that helped my nausea. I've slowed down considerably since that first 15. This is my first pregnancy, so I really have nothing to compare to. If this rate holds, I think I'd be looking at about 30-35 lbs total, but I don't know for sure.

I appreciate your comment @BeachMommy2B. I was a little hesitant to check this thread because it seems like the majority are gaining a lot slower than I've been. I still remember a comment from the first nurse I saw at my OBGYN. She told me not to worry about how I gain weight, that some women gain most of it quickly and some women gain slowly, but your body knows what it's doing.
  • Options
    I'm nervous to weigh myself. I do not want to be above 250 at delivery and I've been eating badly lately. Next appt is Feb 13. Here's hoping for a good two week stint of eating well. 
  • Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    edited February 2017
    I'm up 20 pounds at 23 weeks. I gained 5 in my first trimester and then put it on pretty quickly in the 2nd so far. My doctor said I'm not doing bad but to only gain 0.5 a week now, but I'm starving ALL THE TIME. I at least went out and got healthy snacks and I've been walking on the treadmill a few times a week. 

I was 132 when I started and I'm 152 now, but I was only eating like 1200-1400 calories a day before I got pregnant. I think 132 is actually a little low for where my body wants to be at, even though I was a healthy BMI (I'm 5'6"). 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    28 lbs at 27 weeks (3rd baby) which is a lot but I usually gain the least during 3rd tri so I am hoping history repeats itself this time around. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I quick looking at the scale when i hit 50lbs with DD. This time I'm 24 weeks and up 17lbs so I feel im
    doing a lot better.  Hoping to keep the weight gain under 40 this time.  
  • Options
    I gained 1lb since last appointment, but I'm still down 3lbs overall. My doctor isn't concerned as I'm overweight to start with. He wants me to stay around 10-15 gained total if possible. I gained 30 with DD, but also started out 25lbs heavier this time, so I'm hoping I can stick to his suggestion. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    Started out losing 5 lbs first tri, and now am up almost 15 since then, so overall have gained around 10ish lbs at 25 weeks. I'm a FTM and my goal is to gain 25, but my dr would prefer 30-35. The last 2 months have been most of the weight gain, and I haven't held back eating anything, just trying to eat in moderation, so I'm proud of how I'm doing so far. Just hoping not to gain too too much these last few months!
  • Options
    I'm currently 25 w 4d at my 24 w apt I have gained 12lbs. My doc said it was a good amount to be healthy and for women that don't want to gain a lot during pregnancy. I still have only 1/2 of my normal appetite... am I the only pregnant lady whose appetite has decreased?
  • Options
    Had my appointment yesterday and it looks like I went up a couple of lbs again. The dr I saw didn't seem concerned (she's not my regular dr. I have to see all of them in the office in case something happens on a weekend that she's not on call). It seems so weird to me how my weight is going up but I feel like I haven't really changed how I've been eating. Guess its just baby growing! I mean I did have a rough couple of weeks where cookies have been needed, but I didn't go crazy overboard! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @Cubslove12 Mine has too, kind of. Nothing ever really sounds good. I didn't want to eat dinner last night because I wasn't that hungry and nothing sounded good. H encouraged me to find something, but was so baffled by my loss of appetite.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I'm up 20 lbs at 24 weeks. I lost weight with my daughter so it's weird but I'm in a healthy range according to my OB.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Options
    I've gained 15 pounds and I'm 26 weeks. I started very slightly underweight. My doctor has been happy with my weight gain so far.
  • Options
    At my 24 week appt I was up 1 lb (starting off overweight/though technically obese BMI I think). I'll have my 28 week appt next week so we'll see what it is. I imagine I've gained some. I feel bigger and I've made some pretty crummy food choices the last couple weeks (this little one has a sweet tooth!) I need to start being more conscientious and do some moving around 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    So i started slightly overweight and on Monday i was 14 pounds up at 27w1d. My doctor has been really pleased with me so far (but she's really nice too lol).
  • Options
    Had my 28 week appointment today. I've gained 20 lbs :S Dr. said its totally fine and she expects me to gain up to 35.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options

My pre baby weight was 113 lbs.

Now at almost 28 weeks, I'm weighing in at 139 lbs.

Recommended to gain between 25-35

So far I've gained 26

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    bubsaliciousbubsalicious member
    edited February 2017
    Haha I'm an idiot....pretty much rewrote my post. Could've sworm I had'nt posted on here yet.