August 2017 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    Wtf is up with the migraine I woke up with this morning? 
  • Options
    @southernmama15 I have an awful migraine today too- I'm home sick it's so bad. Except I'm watching my rambunctious 2 year old so work might have been a better choice. Is it nap time yet? Hope you feel better soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My Dog just started going to daycare once a week the other week, drop her off this am and she starts laying down and shaking. Lady tells me it's because I'm there and they will be fine. Lady, I'm her mom, she isn't shaking bc of me, so back off and let me see if I can calm her down. I am a hormonal pregnant pet parent, you do not want me crying in your lobby!!! Serious pet parent guilt right now. She came out happy last time so hopefully she just didn't recognize the place or the dog being groomed freaked her out. Nervous wreck at work right now.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    My 16 month old woke up with diarrhea at 5am, requiring a bath and all. Now she has a rash coming on since she hasn't stopped pooping! And she's refusing to nap... Dafuq, Wednesday?! 
  • Options
    @maebee87 dh took the rest of the week off since we've all been sick so we can rest, so fortunately he got up with our 19 month old so I could sleep it off, but he brought ds to me and said he was ready for a nap, but he won't lay down and he just headbutted the crap out of me on the side my headache is on.  
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I know exactly what you are feeling right now.  We have a place that we take our dog when we need to, but I have stopped being able to drop him off.  He just shakes and clings to me the whole time.  Last time was over a year ago, and I broke down in tears for that, I cant imagine how I would be now.  One thing that did help us though, we would take him for short like 2-3 hour trips, and come back, and he started to like it a lot better (this was before our last visit a year ago).  I dont know if your day care has that option or not, but short frequent (usually on the weekend) visits seemed to help our pup.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    Last night my eldest beagle decided to eat an entire 10oz bag of mini m&ms that she somehow found outside.  Cue puking for 3 hours straight then a 10pm trip to the 24 hours vet clinic.  It was a toxic dose so they kept her overnight to monitor for seizures, give her activated charcoal, IV fluids, and a catheter.  Didn't get home till after midnight.  Didn't sleep well bc I was worried about my baby girl.  Tired as eff today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited February 2017
    I love my sorority, but even as an alumnae member the stupid petty stuff still gets to me. There shouldn't be drama from women who are 20-50 years removed from college.  

Now there is also family drama.  My SIL's apparently got into a fight while helping my MAIL take my 90 year old Fail to a doctor's appointment.  Now they are trying to drag the rest of the family in.  Sure, I fight with my sister sometimes, but it's not like we make it an all out family battle.

Why can't adults be adults?

Edit--- added on to original thought.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @SouthernMama15 @maebee87 - I've been hiding in my room for two days with a mirgraine. 
    On top my dog got sick and has the runs so bad - vet trip didn't help the headache. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @NatSprat0703 - going through the same except Finn got in to grapes. Poop, vomit, vet trips. What a mess. Poor pups. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @SouthernMama15 @JWatt5 I feel like my migraine ju ju is making it's way around this BMB. Sorry!  :( 

@NatSprat0703 @JWatt5 I hope your puppos feel better soon! I always hate when mine aren't feeling well and wish they could just tell me what's wrong and how to help them instead of a $$$ vet bill to tell me. 
  • Options
    Ugh!  I am so sorry for those of you who currently have migraines.  Positive thoughts that they go away and stay away.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @JWatt5 aww your poop pup!! Don't you just love when they get into stuff they shouldnt?! When we were sitting at the vet at 11pm, DH was like "just wait until next year when we are doing this with a baby" ahhh!!
    @szwill86 yes yes yes!!! she was walking around the house crying, would go to the door and scratch bc she had to throw up and didn't want to inside.  Such a considerate little one! lol. But that vet bill...gahhh! I'm almost positive it's gonna cost us around 1k...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my daughter, my dog ate the cap off and managed to eat an entire bottle (sams club size) of fish oil pills. 

It was the worst thing that happened during my pregnancy by far. She had diarrhea for over a week. Oil dripping from her fur as it got all over my whole laundry room (where we kept her kenneled. It took me probably 8 months to get the smell and oil out of everything. I would gag and barf constantly from the smell. 
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my daughter, my dog ate the cap off and managed to eat an entire bottle (sams club size) of fish oil pills. 

@belmont1785
    That seriously sounds horrible. Those pills are gross when you burp one up...I would have wanted to burn down my house and just start over from the ashes rather to deal with it.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    UGH, my WTF goes out to the damn vending machine at work.  It ate my quarter (all our stuff is a quarter) and didnt give me my M&M's like I asked for! I will probably put in another one, but it just makes me mad/sad
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    WTF body despite having like 3 rubella shots in the last 5 years I've still got no antibodies. Doc said "well just try not to get ze measles ya" ...... Ok doc I'll get right on that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @southernmama15 those headbutts are the worst!! I seriously fear I will lose teeth. Get some rest mama!!
  • Options
    +1 for the migraine club. Hormone headaches = death. Anyone found any really good remedies for pain relief? So far I've tried:

tylenol
    hot showers
    heating pad
    massage
    sleep
    eating

#SOS
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 I think I read some of the other ladies tried drinking a small cup of coffee? Maybe the caffeine would help. Sorry you're having such a hard time :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My WTF goes out to myself who schedule a 7:30am appointment this morning for my first trimester genetic screening. I usually don't have to be at work until 8:15-8:30, and I hate mornings. Now I'm super tired  :( Way to go, self.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How dufuq do I always end up sitting on public transportation next to somebody who drowned themselves in Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar from 1999?? Either my nose is playing tricks on me or there is a closet cult following of this stuff here in Boston...

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    @SpotConlon SO is like that. The first one was brutal - he was half asleep, half poorly prepared for it and we were late because of how slow he is in the morning. All appointments henceforth shall be afternoon appointments.
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 I second @secicc12 -tylenol and some coffee and laying in the dark for as long as possible helped me. Hang in there!

@SpotConlon early mornings are the worst! I think when we're making appts, we just say "oh yeah that's fine" and don't realize until after what we agreed to. I did that when scheduling my NT scan for 8:15. AM.  :s

@donehue I swear I've been smelling sun-ripened raspberry in the gym locker room I go to. Do they even make these scents anymore or did these people just stock up 20 years ago and are still going through their stash??
  • Options
    @lyse01 @szwill86 There's a reason all my other appointments are at 6:00 or 6:30pm lol. I'm so glad my midwife has late hours. This morning was with a different doctor, so I took what I could get.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SpotConlon I've almost considered scheduling my appts for the earliest available only out of hope that I wouldn't have to sit in the waiting from for over an hour.  Never fails, if my appt is at 3, I don't see the doctor until 4:15. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 They seriously keep you waiting for over an hour?? That's ridiculous. Why even make appointments at that point?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 yepp, it's very annoying.  If I didn't love my doctor so much I'd switch. I know she's a busy woman and has to deliver babies and all daily, but still!! They should call you and be like she's running an hour behind, feel free to come in late.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's Thursday, but: we shared with my dear, sweet 90 year old grandmother this weekend that we're expecting. Her first response? "So THAT'S why you've been gaining weight!"  :|  Bless. She's really the most spectacular women, but she's painfully direct!