September 2017 Moms
Options

Sleep Bra Recommendations? (Large Cup)

Hey everyone! So, of all the pregnancy symptoms, the one that's really getting me down is how sore my breasts are. I'm fine throughout the day, but taking my bra off at night is killer. Gravity and pregnancy hormones are making my 36Fs so, so sore at night. I'd really like to find a supportive sleep bra style, which would ideally transition to nighttime nursing once the baby comes.

Does anyone have a favorite brand/style for larger cup sizes? I'm struggling to find one that gets good reviews. Thanks, y'all!

Re: Sleep Bra Recommendations? (Large Cup)

• Options
    I buy all my bras from BareNecessities.com. They are the first place I found bras that actually fit my 40H boobs. They have a giant selection all the way up to N cups. Plus they are always sending coupons or having sales. I'll put a link below to the sleep bra I like from them. They also say it's a nursing bra, but I've never used it for that before so I can't speak to how well it works for nursing.

https://www.barenecessities.com/leading-lady-front-close-wire-free-bra-110_product.htm?pf_id=LeadingLady110
    **TW**
    Me: 30  DH:30
    Together 2003, Married 2011
    DD: July 2005
    BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
    BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

• Options
    Check Motherhood Maternity. I go a nighttime bra from there during my last pregnancy. It is not as supportive as a normal bra, no underwire, but it helps me a lot. I am also large chested. Oh and the bra is a nursing bra so it helps post pregnancy too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been using sports bras from Target (Champion brand I think) at night and it helps SO much!  Not so much support that I'm aching from that, but enough that they stay put and feel supported.
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    My boobs hurt after I take off my bra, but seem to feel better after awhile if I do t wear one. I have large tatas too, so yeah I just try and let them be free as much as possible! 
  • Options
    I'm large chested but have a small frame so it's super hard for me to find a bra that fits properly (also, I look top heavy and ridiculous but that's a rant for another day). I most definitely recommend going to a place that specializes in a) big boobs and/or b) nursing/pregnancy. My favorite bras come from Motherhood Maternity. Before that I tried Target but those bras don't offer the support I needed during the day. Turns out that they are great for me at night though. I don't use the Target sleep bras. I use what I think are called t-shirt bras (they have no underwire but do have some padding for support).

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • Options
    The target racer back bras work really well for large chests and you won't fall out of them while laying on your side.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the recommendations, everyone! I snagged some (on sale!) Target sports bras, last night, and will check out Motherhood and Bare Necessities, this weekend. Of course, my mother told me that if I think they're sore now, just wait seven months. So looking forward to that.  :p
  • Options
    Thanks for this post...I've had to buy new bras and already need a couple bigger ones at 9 wks.  Kindred Bravely has busty sleep bras that will fit 28/30DD/E to I up to 42DD to G, haven't bought one quite yet but reviews are wonderful.  Motherhood maternity stops at G cups so it might work now, but not with more growth :(  Bare necessities has good options, I'll check out the one mentioned here.  
  • Options
    I still sleep in target nursing tanks! They provide just the perfect amount of support for around the house and at bedtime. The moment I get home they go on ha! 
  • Options
    Ugh can I just add that this is awful!?!? My boobs are already on the larger side, but I feel sore and disgusting now!  Although my husband is pretty excited...I feel so awful he's on a strict look but not touch policy!  I made the mistake of not sleeping in a bra last night and was so sore this morning.  Never again!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    I feel you ladies! It feels like sleeping on a bag of rocks and I cried at target trying on new bras knowing this is the smallest they'll ever be again. I'm hoping this just means they will work like a well oiled machine when the time comes - I think we've all paid our dues carrying these things around!
  • Options
    luckily (and not so luckily) my DH is clear across the country for another 5wks or so, so no touching issues, just constant staring during skype. But I just wear my sports bras to bed, i have target champion brand and i have walmart danskin. love them both. I also bought a couple wireless bras from walmart that are really comfy on those really painful days. I'm on the larger size too, but was so looking for any type of relief i tried to the wireless, and they are wonderful on the days that they really hurt.