June 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-in Week of 1/30

First time posting in the June '17 PGAL check in? Welcome! Please Introduce yourself

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

Next appointment? Or, alternatively, next milestone you're looking forward to? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes

GTKY: How's it going picking a baby name? If you have some names on the list what inspired them? Are they families names or just names you love?
Me: 28 Husband: 31
TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-in Week of 1/30

• @awoodruff27 Aw I love it! I'm slightly biased though since my favorite grandma is a Josephine and my little niece's middle name is Josephine (in honor of my grandma). I like Elizabeth too. It was on the "maybe" list for a girl for my husband and I also. But baby is a boy so now we're working on coming up with some boy names. I think Josephine Elizabeth is such a pretty, timeless name.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Guys I'm dying at all the name cuteness! @BellaO21 and @WorkingOnMyNightCheese

@WorkingOnMyNightCheese Good luck at the anatomy scan! Hopefully it all goes well. <3

BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria thanks! Elizabeth has been a name that DH has pushed for the last two times. I figured that since it's our last and another girl I'd let him have a win. Haha. It's not my favorite name, but it's growing on me 

I love all our names so far! All of them were on our list so we have the same taste and that's awesome. Most of my family are into super trendy names so it's impossible to get real opinions from them. 

@BellaO21 I have a friend named Victoria and she goes by Tori and I think that's super cute. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @NamelessAria thank you!  :)
    @awoodruff27 we definitely plan on using Tori as her nn! I like it much better than Vicky lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • How far along are you? 21w6d

How are you doing? Very well, thank you.

Next appointment? Or, alternatively, next milestone you're looking forward to? End of Feb, regular check up

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I'm just hoping to get out of this "is she fat, is she pregnant stage"

GTKY: How's it going picking a baby name? If you have some names on the list what inspired them? Are they families names or just names you love? DH wants to name our child Angel after his grandfather which I am okay with but not totally sold on. No middle names yet. It's a little harder this time around.

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• @awoodruff27 I might have said this already but I have a Josephine!  We get a lot of compliments and it is not common at all around here. Her middle name is Ann. So, I love your name choice!  One thing I never thought about with calling her Josie is that some people say Jo-see and some say Jo-zee. I actually don't mind it either way but the conversation has come up many times and friends have told me that if it were them, it would drive them nuts if people said it differently than they preferred.

Also, I am totally feeling you on the turn around from A/S. I went in thinking I was surely getting bad news (for no good reason) and thank God I was wrong so now I am finally feeling like I can relax.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @JAGinMI Honestly nicknames never bothered me. In that as long as my kid doesn't care, I don't. So I don't think it would bother me. But we will see. 

@imudra Evelyn was on our list for awhile. So I love that! 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  •  How far along are you? 
    23 weeks today!
    How are you doing? 
    Pretty well, the A/S was great and I have been feeling consistent movement now so I am pretty relaxed.  (and knocking on wood as I type this)
    Just had an appointment yesterday and my next one is March 1st where I will get details about the glucose tolerance test.
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    Just loving feeling movement and not being too big yet to enjoy things.  I am just really in a good spot right now. 
    GTKY: How's it going picking a baby name? If you have some names on the list what inspired them? Are they families names or just names you love?
    We keep tossing some names around but don't have a favorite we both love yet.  I am weird though and my first two start with a K and a C so I want to keep that sound for the next one which is limiting my choices.  Obviously if I find something I love with a different letter it won't be a deal breaker, but right now I am focusing on K and C names.  The middle name is where we incorporate family.  My son is named after my husband (middle name) and my daughter one of my sisters. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• How far along are you? 
    20w3d
    How are you doing? 
    I'm feeling comfortable in my pregnant self these days.
    AS went well today. Learned were having a boy so everything is more real and concrete.
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    Getting up from reclining is getting increasingly difficult. I still feel like I'm so small so I am not looking forward to
    I would like to continue family name traditions, but I have a very common last name, so I feel like I have to be a little more creative. I am tempted to throw some kind of maiden name approximation or a middle name that resembles (gender swaps) my (very female) first name. My DH and I are still really early in the name game. We've been avoiding decision making. There doesn't seem to be any need to rush through this. 
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Haven't checked in here in a while, just lurking and popping in to say @lmudra Eloise is a beautiful name!
  • How far along are you? Since finally seeing my doctor he has changed my due date so im 21+3 days

How are you doing? Im feeling pretty good my moods have been all over, been craving hamburgers like crazy, lots of pelvic pains/back pains.

Next appointment? Or, alternatively, next milestone you're looking forward to? Im suppose to have one in february but with husbands work schedule we wont have any days available that my doctors office is open to do the drive down, so going to see if my doctor will send a refrence to the ob up here so i can see him. I just cant wait till spring so i can start wearing my dresses we have way too much snow right now lol.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes
    Found out a couple days ago i have a yeast infection. At my doctors apt they told me it was a uti and then a month later i get a call saying its a yeast. Im nervous this time around with infections im prone to utis in pregnancy more, with my dd i had so many they caused false labour but dilation and was pulled from work early for risk of permature labor so it scares me to have these infections and it possibly doing the same thing.

we found out we are having another girl her name will be Luna Raven. When we were pregant with dd1 my husband was picky with names so i had to be creative and found superhero names he would like and we fell in love with kara, so we are using that theme as part of the name. I pove the name Luna its also one of my favorite characters in harry potter, raven is from xmen so the superhero theme and so happens luna was a ravenclaw. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How far along are you? 20 +1

How are you doing? Great! Had our anatomy scan this week and learned baby is a girl! We have to go back because she kept hiding her face and they didn't get all the pictures of her heart they wanted but they said everything was looking good!

Next appointment? Or, alternatively, next milestone you're looking forward to? Looking forward to seeing baby girl again at the A/S follow up at 22 weeks. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: The tech said I have a curved/folded cervix. I keep trying to research what that means for pregnancy, but I haven't found much yet. All results always start talking about how it could make getting pregnant more difficult. To be fair I haven't had a ton of time to look into it, so that's probably what I'll be doing this weekend (and of course talking to my doctor about it during my next appointment).

GTKY: How's it going picking a baby name? If you have some names on the list what inspired them? Are they families names or just names you love? We have a long list going! I've always LOVED the name Amelia. But it's become pretty trendy over the past few years and I'm not comfortable with a top 20 name. My name is not super common and I always liked that it was uncommon because it stands out to people when you introduce yourself (but it's not crazy unique, it's an actual name). This pregnancy I found the name Eliana, and fell in love with it...But it's really similar to two other little girls in my family who are both under 5 and I don't know if that would be weird.  Nothing else has felt as good as either of those names to us, so the list keeps growing!
  • @kitty21436 Congratulations on the healthy baby girl!

BabyFruit Ticker