September 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 1/30

Lets heat them ladies. What has you bitching today?

Re: Monday Bitchfest 1/30

• Insomnia sucks. I'd really like to sleep better at night. Please go away. And food, could it please start sounding good again so I can at least try and keep the queasiness at bay?
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like I could puke. And I still have to go to work..
  • Had my ultrasound at a radiology facility last Wednesday. Got an email from the radiology facility with the results on Friday around 5pm. Read over the results, from what I see baby is good, has 3 different measurements all within 4 days. BUT I have multiple cysts on my left ovary and then a lesion on my liver which a follow up ultrasound is recommended WTF?! (Their protocol is to do ultrasound on the mothers liver, kidneys and gallbladder) So I call my OB and of course they're gone for the day. So I start googling of course and worry myself. Try to forget about it all over the weekend. I call my OB first thing this morning and, just my luck, the dr I usually see doesn't come in until this afternoon. So now I wait more. Modern technology is nice, you know getting my results through the email/radiology portal but it had to happen on Friday at 5 pm. Ughhh
  • I still feel like SHIT!!!!  I've had respiratory crap for a month now and I just can't shake it.  Also, this is pregnancy #4 for me and the nausea, fatigue, and depression/anxiety are the worst I have ever had.  I'm hanging on by a thread.  UGH.  Hopefully my OB can help me address some of this when I see her this week. 

And then everyone is sick!  People around me at work (school setting) have gone home sick with strep, influenza b, pink eye, etc.  I just want to curl up in bed at home and never come out again! 

RANT OVER
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still fighting this damn cold. I forgot how long a cold can hold on when you can't do a nyquil/dayquil power combo. I lay down and I cough. Thankfully my SIL is an essential oils nut and has given my fiancé detailed instructions on which oils to use. Whatever he put in our essential oil warmer worked so I could sleep bit I still feel like crap and my nose is now raw from blowing it so much. I just want to feel better! Is that too much to ask?

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• I just want to stop gagging! The in-laws brought a nasty cold to my house last week and the drainage down the back of my throat is killer. I don't want to sit in class or go to work. All I can stomach is Pepsi and carbs. Is it 2nd tri yet?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I work for a private practice and split client payments 60/40.  The 40% of what I bill goes to the practice to cover office space, some supplies, and the services of our office manager.  This is fine, but the office manager does nothing really for me!  She always calls me her office step child because she realizes she doesn't do anything to help me like the other therapists.  It's just annoying that I fork over so much for not the same amount of service the other therapists get.

whinewhinewhine.

Oh, and I wish these stupid allergies would go away!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • I forgot that I needed bloodwork done for tomorrow's appointment. I came on my lunch hour because it's usually dead at this time, NOT TODAY. There's a legit 20 minute wait. I gotta leave in 10 minutes so I can make it back to work in time. My lunch is an actual hour. I've been here fooorrrrreeeevvveerrrrrr. 
  • @daniellelynette I know that a lot of pediatricians do not test for strep in patients under 2 years old. Apparently it is a pretty rare occurrence for someone under 2 to get strep. Once we took DS to the ER because he had a mysterious high fever of 105 and had been exposed to a kid that had strep and the ER told us they would not even do the test on him since he was under 2. Obviously it can occur and we did have him tested for it finally (it was negative) because the kid he was exposed to was only 15 months old so they went ahead and tested him but typically they will not do it for kids that young. Weird I know but that's what we were told 
  • When I went in for ultrasound today I was scheduled at 10am. I waited in the waiting room for an hour then my SO got up and asked what was going on. The front desk said they weren't sure but it was extremely unusual and there was still a 9:30am ultrasound that hadn't been done yet. Then another woman who was also scheduled for a 10am ultrasound got up and asked what the big deal was too. I finally got taken back at 11:30am. They apologized but said that day they were unexpectedly doing interviews. I didn't get out of the office until close to 1pm! 
  • lap018 said:
    @daniellelynette I know that a lot of pediatricians do not test for strep in patients under 2 years old. Apparently it is a pretty rare occurrence for someone under 2 to get strep. Once we took DS to the ER because he had a mysterious high fever of 105 and had been exposed to a kid that had strep and the ER told us they would not even do the test on him since he was under 2. Obviously it can occur and we did have him tested for it finally (it was negative) because the kid he was exposed to was only 15 months old so they went ahead and tested him but typically they will not do it for kids that young. Weird I know but that's what we were told 
    It isnt as common under 2, but i see it pretty frequently actually. I'm an NP and see kids. I wish peds and ERs would test for it more because it's an easy test and easy to treat! In younger kids it's  usually fever, loss of appetite and sometimes vomiting. But if they would just peek in their mouths they would see inflamed tonsils! It's so frustrating and sad when your baby is sick :( 
  • @Msashley2010 oh I would be so mad! What a waste of your time. 
  • I think I have a vag infection. So I have to do that nasty 7 day monostat creme stuff, because they can't give me antibiotics for any of the three things it could be in the 1st try. Yayyyyyy.

• lap018 said:
    @daniellelynette I know that a lot of pediatricians do not test for strep in patients under 2 years old. Apparently it is a pretty rare occurrence for someone under 2 to get strep. Once we took DS to the ER because he had a mysterious high fever of 105 and had been exposed to a kid that had strep and the ER told us they would not even do the test on him since he was under 2. Obviously it can occur and we did have him tested for it finally (it was negative) because the kid he was exposed to was only 15 months old so they went ahead and tested him but typically they will not do it for kids that young. Weird I know but that's what we were told 
    It isnt as common under 2, but i see it pretty frequently actually. I'm an NP and see kids. I wish peds and ERs would test for it more because it's an easy test and easy to treat! In younger kids it's  usually fever, loss of appetite and sometimes vomiting. But if they would just peek in their mouths they would see inflamed tonsils! It's so frustrating and sad when your baby is sick :( 
    @lap018 that is weird! I don't know much about strep, so this is new to me! That's crazy that they wouldn't even do a test even tho he had been exposed to it. I've got no idea where DS even picked up strep from :( 

@jessieR358 DS is really stubborn and the first doc didn't get a good peek into his mouth/throat, only enough to see a little of his tongue. The vomiting didn't even start until yesterday :( it really sucks, I wish I could just make him all better! 
  • lap018 said:
    This is what I've been told by DD pedi too. I didnt think they could get it before 2 either.

@jessieR358 good to know! 
  • **I feel as if I should disclaim that my rant did not originate from any post here. I saw a post on my FB feed that got on my nerves.**
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • @awildrose DH and I have been talking about this a lot because over Christmas my sil and mil were discussing who should watch my 1 year-old niece, and I said, "Oh, her dad is over there, and he's not doing anything, couldn't he take the baby?" Apparently that was the wrong thing to say. I was informed that sil hadn't brought written instructions for him, and she prefers he has those when he babysits. So, both grandma and all four aunts (two of whom are teenagers) can take the baby any time because they're women, but the father needs written instructions to babysit? I almost lost my mind.

Dad's don't babysit, they parent. I'm so glad DH wants to be involved in every aspect of this baby's life.I just can't wrap my head around this kind of archaic "baby's are the woman's work" mentality.

• I am currently a senior in college. My husband works full time for my dad, and plays softball with his buddies a couple of nights a week which is totally fine. Do your sports. Drain that testosterone. Win the points. My mom watches my son because my husband usually gets home after I've already needed to leave for school. This particular night, my husband finished with softball early, but he asked me to go pick up our son since it's more "on the way home" for me than it is him. So I drive an HOUR out of my way to go get my kid, come home to find that he wasn't even freaking home yet. He and a friend went to go get pizza and hang out at his house without telling me. So basically I went out of my way after I've felt like shit all day to accommodate your play date with your boyfriend. This is particularly annoying because his Tuesday has remained untouched and unaltered by being a parent but I've taken 3 hours total of drive time to get my son where he needs to be and make it to night class on time, while my mom watches our son so he can go play softball with his buddies.... grow the hell up. 

Im sure this will be not near as big of a deal later as this is right now. I'm tired and cranky and my back hurts. Wahhhhh
  • @awildrose DH and I have been talking about this a lot because over Christmas my sil and mil were discussing who should watch my 1 year-old niece, and I said, "Oh, her dad is over there, and he's not doing anything, couldn't he take the baby?" Apparently that was the wrong thing to say. I was informed that sil hadn't brought written instructions for him, and she prefers he has those when he babysits. So, both grandma and all four aunts (two of whom are teenagers) can take the baby any time because they're women, but the father needs written instructions to babysit? I almost lost my mind.

Dad's don't babysit, they parent. I'm so glad DH wants to be involved in every aspect of this baby's life.I just can't wrap my head around this kind of archaic "baby's are the woman's work" mentality.
    Whoa. 
    My husband legit got mad at me because I changed the first diaper and put the first outfit on our firstborn at the hospital. He wanted to do those things. He's told me multiple times times that the baby years are his trenches, too. He wants to be bonded and close with our kids and knows he can't be checked out for the first few years and then magically appear and become involved when they're older, "more fun", and independent. I appreciate him so much. He can tell you so much about pumping and breastmilk prep, cloth diapers, and loves helping soothe the littlest babes in our church nursery with the 5 S's trick, etc etc... and in return, my girls adore him. He's being a dad. 

I just don't get that there are men (and women) who think the babies will all perish if left with their fathers. 
  • @maddisonwallace oh I would be sooooo angry!! did he apologize at least? 
    I agree, he needs to grow up and take some responsibility. Your mom doesn't need to watch your son so he can go play softball. My mom watches my son on the days I work and if I told her to stay late so my DH could go play on a team sport she would look at me like I'm crazy. So your mom is way nicer. My DH can't even go to the gym on the days I work. He has to come straight home because that is long enough for my mom! 
  • awildrose said:
    It annoys me when people ask questions like "when do you think I can leave the baby with my husband?" 

The father is not a babysitter. He is the father. Your kids can be alone with their father. 

Rant over. 

OMG YES. I have a good group of mom friends (all with 1-2 year olds). We go out 2-4 times a week with kids during the day, but also try to do a "mom's night out" a few times a month. One lady is always saying she can't do two weeks in a row because it's too much for her DH. I think he'll survive parenthood, 2 nights in two weeks. I love her to death but #alltheeyerolls.

Another rant, about the bump app, where are my emojis :'(  I over use them (need my eye roll haha) and am already super frustrated by our non-extensive of like 10  :|

• I must say you ladies make me very appreciative for my husband. He's a stay at  home dad and luckily he never complains about having the kids for a night and he never says "babysitting". I feel sorry for those moms. Pretty sure I would not be a nice wife if my husband said something like that.

• Today's annoyance--I haven't even had baby #2 and both my mom and husband are like but you need to have a third. Do they get a say? I mean it's my body and they aren't carrying this baby for 40-41 weeks! If I was a SAHM then maybe I would be all down for a third. But I work and the thought of pumping for a year and dealing with angry people because I'm on break already is stressing me out for baby #2!! Not to mention, I very dislike being pregnant. 
  • Today's annoyance--I haven't even had baby #2 and both my mom and husband are like but you need to have a third. Do they get a say? I mean it's my body and they aren't carrying this baby for 40-41 weeks! If I was a SAHM then maybe I would be all down for a third. But I work and the thought of pumping for a year and dealing with angry people because I'm on break already is stressing me out for baby #2!! Not to mention, I very dislike being pregnant. 
    Oh I hate that. I had two girls first and the the "when will you try for a boy?" drove me crazy. PPD was enough to keep me from ever wanting another baby. My littlest is nearly four. I'm excited about a third baby now, but it took her being about 3.5 years old before I could think about a 3rd and not be terrified of the idea. 
  • My best friend.  God love her.  I want to strangle her.  She has an infant and has been bored out of her mind while home on maternity leave and always wants me to come over.... and I have been going there a lot up until recently when all the pregnancy symptoms have been kicking in.  All I want to do is go home from work and sleep or sit there and deal with my indigestion on my couch before I go pick up my kiddo from school and then have to be mom for the rest of the night before I pass out tired again.  I've been telling her im just not up for going out because of xyz, but she is still on my ass about coming over.  I. just. cant.   Thankfully she goes back to work Monday....  but i'm going there today after work.  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jessieR358 That's the worst. This is my first. Literally, the day we told DH's family, his step-dad pulled me aside and said, "After this one, we want another." It took us over a year to conceive this time (and he's been bugging me about when we'd have a baby for most of that time), I don't know if/when it will happen for us again. I just wanted to enjoy that we were here in the first place. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @maddisonwallace oh I would be sooooo angry!! did he apologize at least? 
    I agree, he needs to grow up and take some responsibility. Your mom doesn't need to watch your son so he can go play softball. My mom watches my son on the days I work and if I told her to stay late so my DH could go play on a team sport she would look at me like I'm crazy. So your mom is way nicer. My DH can't even go to the gym on the days I work. He has to come straight home because that is long enough for my mom! 
    She usually brings him home once my husband is done with softball. This Tuesday league is only a 4 week thing so that's why she was okay with doing it. He apologized in his own way and he definitely got an earful from me. Let's just say he will be cutting back the softball hours ASAP. 
  • I am a 1099 employee, AKA i dont get paid hourly i am commissions only and have a lot of schedule flexibility. My boss sent me a "threatening" email because I didn't make it in yesterday when I literally had nothing on my schedule. Looks like I'll be telling him I'm pregnant earlier than planned. Love working with a retired Army Ranger who has admittedly said "I am still getting used to working with women in the workplace". Wish me luck.
  • @lahearn18 I'm an independent contractor as well.  What are your plans for maternity leave?
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • @sableeg welp, i am moving about 8wks after my EDD to somewhere else in this great nation (my husband is active duty military, we find out our orders next month but move in nov). So i just plan on taking the time off and then move lol. 
  • Oh my goodness! @lahearn18 you have a lot going on in the next year!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • @sableeg yeaaah I'm not an emotional wreck about all the unkowns at all...AHHHHHHHHH!!!! 

• Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • @lahearn18 We are moving as well- probably in June, but possibly in November. It's a completely cross-country move, and I'm pretty nervous about moving at this juncture, even though it is the best move for our family in the long run. Still...