March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 1/30

13»

Re: Randoms! 1/30

• I just went onto the carters website. I have not bought one piece of clothing for baby girl, but that may change tonight. So many cute things! I was holding out for my 2nd shower but I don't know if I have the restraint anymore. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • mecoats said:
    I just went onto the carters website. I have not bought one piece of clothing for baby girl, but that may change tonight. So many cute things! I was holding out for my 2nd shower but I don't know if I have the restraint anymore. 
    Carter's/Oshkosh has the cutest clothes! Very affordable too after discounts.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't remember if I actually posted about this before but I was in an accident in November where I was rear ended. Well, I finally got my car into the auto shop this week and it took them 4 days to fix it *eye roll* Today was the day I was supposed to pick it up but they said it wouldn't be ready until 5pm and I needed to stay at work til 5:30 so I asked DH to go pick up the keys for me when he got off work. No problem, right? Well in the time it took him to park his truck and walk across the street to the front door some one driving down the road hit his truck and drove off!! I seriously cannot believe our bad luck with vehicles this year!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @sienac oh no!!! That totally sucks :-/ so sorry girl 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SienaC ughhh. I'm sorry :( but glad that you are all okay.

been up since 3:30 with a sick DD. I'm so so tired in general lately but today is going to majorly suck. Blehhhh.
  • @serenity13 yay for a pain free day! Hope it stays!
  • Guys the story keeps getting better and better! Apparently the guy who hit my husband's truck last night drove home and called the police on himself and told them he started drinking when he got home!!! So they can charge him with the hit & run but they can't prove that he was drunk when he did it because he said the drinking started when he got home! Who thinks of something like that?! Ugh, at least he had insurance!

@serenity13 How frustrating about the repair shop your DH went to! I usually have terrible luck with picking repair shops too lol I hope your day stays pain free!

• haha sorry, @kiyamurph, don't mean to burst that bubble. DH is in law enforcement and this is on his list of biggest annoyances when dealing with DWIs - there are a few other "tricks" that people use and usually it either indicates that they are very familiar with the law (ie lawyer) or they are a career alcoholic (likely with a record of DWIs). Hey, at least the guy has to pay for the damage, right? 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 That's exactly what DH & I thought was that it must not be his first DUI!!! I didn't think about him possibly being a lawyer though! 

• @kjd291 i hope you have a good time! maybe once DD sees all that's going on the excitement will perk her up.
  • @kjd291 hope you still have fun! I bet you look great with the mom bun!

@kiyamurph congrats on the loan!!! Sp glad you guys can finally move forward!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @longliveregina yassss!!! *hallelujah chorus* having a potty trained toddler is AMAZING. So happy for you! Just follow his cues and keep encouraging visits to the potty! 
  • you guys! my underwear that i ordered from aerie came in and omg they are amazing. they have these seamless thongs that are heaven. can't even feel them. i need 100 more.
    Thanks for the reminder I need more undies! Went to the mall today but they were out of my go-to cotton jockey hipsters.

I'm so picky about mine. They need to cover my rear and not ever ever ride up. I've thrown away so many. I'll try aerie :-)
  • @cbeanz i was so embarrassingly low on undies it was awful lol. aerie usually has a 7 for 27 deal and they hold up. i switched to them from VS
  • AW:

My son just peed in the potty for the first time tonight! He told us pee pee and pointed to his potty, sat down and read a book, a lo and behold he peed!

Lol I was not expecting him to show readiness at 2 so I'm not sure where to go from here.  <3
    That's great! The only parenting book I read was Oh Crap! Potty Training. It helped a TON when I potty trained my toddler. I highly highly recommend it. You can get the kindle edition on Amazon. 
  • kiyamurph said:
    So happy to report that the loan for our house has finally been approved! Happy dance! The normally 5-7 day underwriting process took 3 freakin weeks because the underwriter was so hung up on my maternity leave. We finally had to tell the company that we were beyond frustrated and frankly pissed off. The manager had to step in and get the ball rolling. What was pissing us off was they would ask for one thing from HR, then say ok we got that document, now we need this, oh now we need this, well we have this info, but now we need further info. Ugh! It's like, WHY CAN'T YOU JUST TELL US WHAT ALL YOU NEED AT ONCE?!?! The constant back and forth was a headache and my husband finally brought up an excellent point: not one point in time did anyone interrogate him about his paternity leave. Never came up. Considering that he's the breadwinner you would think they would wonder if he's taking time off and how long will he be off and how much will he be paid and yada yada yada. But it was all about me and having to constantly state that I plan to return to work. I had to sign 2 documents stating that as well as stating it verbally. Anyhoo, they got the memo quick that if they need yet one more document for HR then we're finding another lender. Once we stated that, poof, we magically got our approval letter an hour later. It's a shame it took us raising hell though. 
    So happy for u!!

SaveSave
  • @mrsyimster I've been pretty mia lately but I just looked up your instagram and my heart nearly burst. Your girls are so precious! Congrats again! 
  • Since I can't wait until tomorrow to Air my grievances ..two kids and we are all sick. As soon as I got the croup under control, pink eye shows up! Baby is coming within a few weeks, but I just hope she stays in there until we all get past this and I can sanitize the house!! Major exhaustion and worried mama over here. Can I fast forward two weeks?????!!!!
  • I love aerie underwear! There used to be a standalone store at the mall by my parents. I have way too much underwear but if I need any more I would probably go with aerie again too. 

@mrsyimster are they better than lansinoh pads? I have those on my registry but I'll have to check those out. Going to go follow your girls on IG now!! 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • pandalily said:
    I love aerie underwear! There used to be a standalone store at the mall by my parents. I have way too much underwear but if I need any more I would probably go with aerie again too. 

@mrsyimster are they better than lansinoh pads? I have those on my registry but I'll have to check those out. Going to go follow your girls on IG now!! 
    Yes better!!! It's sooooooo sooooo soft!! U can't even feel them when wearing them! I've tried a bunch of brands. I love love love my bamboobies!!

SaveSave