Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Check-in Week Jan 30

Re: IF/Testing Check-in Week Jan 30

• @bluejeanbabi05 I wanted to wish you good luck with your beta tomorrow.  
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 thank you friend. time just marches on doesn't it.

• Loading the player...
  • @magnolia131 hey girl!!! Hope you get that ball rolling soon. You're in good company until then! 

@bluejeanbabi05 good luck today!!!
  • @magnolia131 welcome back! Feel free to participate as you see fit. Fx you can get everything going again soon. 
    @bluejeanbabi05 good luck today and fx!
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • So, one more high temp tomorrow gives me CH on CD14 but two more high temps moves it to CD15. I triggered Friday night at 8. Is it possible that I didn't O until Monday? I thought with a trigger O occcurs within 24-36 hours. OPK was still blaring positive this morning which is the trigger I'm sure but it's not fading out yet.  I guess it's okay either way. 

• @Saralee797 temp wise I would stick with sunday O as that would fall in the 36hour range from your trigger.  I think its the EWCM on CD15 that makes it want to move it to monday, but I would stick with sunday.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 thanks yea my body decide to show up to the game a day late! 
  • Has anyone used care check brand opks from amazon? The reviews were ok when I bought them, but now I'm wondering because just for control purposes (I used to turn an opk several times a month and this is my first cycle using them again since I've started getting af on my own) I did one the day after af ended and had a light line but negative. The last few days I've had no line at all, I know I haven't ovulated yet and will probably trIngersoll tomorrow or the next day depending on what my scan says tomorrow. I guess I'm just confused on why I don't at least have a slight line since it's leading up to O.
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • @Saralee787 I agree with @wabash15. You'll probably get dotted crosshairs because of the EWCM, though. You may want to keep the discrepancy in mind when you get to the end of your cycle since 14DPO may be one day off from what FF says. I wouldn't rely on your OPKs after you take the trigger unless you're using them to test out the trigger. They'll be positive until it's out, which could be more than a week from now.
  • @kaitlink33 sorry I've only used wondfos and CBAD 
    @Bababatty thanks for taking a look! I might just remove the EWCM and put it in a note instead. I'm using OPKs to test out the trigger until it looks gone because I have a ton but I also plan to verify with an HPT to make sure it's out. 
  • @adirat mine did not. I actually ovulated on the early side for me (which is still CD19 but the earliest I've ever O'd is 18 and as late as 35). 

• @adirat mine didn't delay O. Actually, I just checked FF and the two months prior to it I had O'ed on CD16. The month that I had my HSG & SHG on CD8 I ended up O'ing on CD14, so I found it interesting to hear @hartmich say she had a similar experience.

@Saralee797 not that it's much help at this point, but I echo PPs opinions. I tend to still get EWCM for the day after O and it can throw my FF off in terms of CHs. 
  • @adirat I had to sign something the day of stating I was not pregnant! Also FX you're one of the lucky ones who gets KU right after. Alas, I was not... 

• @hartmich Ha, thanks. I'm not sure if "getting pregnant after HSG" is real or apocryphal. 

I had a pregnancy test done as part of my CD2/3 bloodwork a couple days ago because of the HSG. Like my period wasn't enough. 

• @adirat the hsg did not delay my O but I remember a few other ladies in the past mentioning it did with them. Fx it won't with you!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @adirat just chiming in to say it did not delay my O, either. Your receptionist sounds very cool. :-)
  • *lurker*

@adirat I just wanted to jump in after reading all the responses because I did have the postcoital test done. Twice actually. Basically, I had an appointment to check my follicles via ultrasound and my RE told us to have sex the night before. The test is SO quick and easy I would push for them to do it. They took the sample from me and then showed me 5 minutes later under the microscope. My husband's SA was normal so my RE wanted to make sure my body wasn't killing his sperm. I appreciated his thoroughness and it was another thing to rule out. (Unexplained secondary infertility). Good luck! 
  • I'll be back shortly to respond to all you lovely ladies

Diagnosis (If you've been): PCOS and *TW unexplained recurrent MCs*

Cycle/CD: 13 with benched / 30

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) Once AF comes again (if I'm out) RE wants to do another ultrasound to check the huge cysts he saw on my right ovary last AF. 

How are things going? Ehh, not so good. Feeling out this cycle and ready to just move on, but at the same time concerned that the 4 cysts have grown even larger. My RE seemed very concerned with the size of one in particular, that measured appr. 55mm. So in that limbo of not wanting to know, but also wanting to know.

Any questions?  For those of you that have also been diagnosed with PCOS, have you ever had very large cysts like the RE observed with me? If so, what was the recommended course of treatment?

GTKY: Do you watch the Super Bowl for the game or the commercials? For the game. I love football! I even won my work fantasy league and won $500 woooot! haha

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• @KristoKekerooni  HOORAY and hugs.  That is amazing that DH's SA came back normal!!  You will have to do what is best for you, TW* I've only had one loss and can't imagine that pain compounded 3 more times end TW** I tend to be more pollyanna about things so I would probably try the IUI for all the reason you listed above. Just because you've had loss before does not mean you will have loss again. TW again** i have a dear friend who had 3 losses before a successful pregnancy, then 2 more before her second child who was just born .  I have another friend who has 4 kids but had a MC prior to each of her full term pregnancies... end TW*** For me holding on to hope is the only way to keep from going insane.  IF and loss suck. hugs lady.

@hartmich I am so sorry that things did not go well today.  hopefully he was just letting off steam and it will go better the next time...maybe if he thinks of it less as a test/something that is his fault and more of just another step towards a goal...  To make it more light hearted my DH does a goofy dance singing that he's going to knock me up.... it always makes both of us laugh. hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @KristoKekerooni Wow! It is remarkable to see such a recovery in the SA! I don't know enough to answer your questions except to tell you that our RE said IUI chances are good with any count higher than 20 mil/mL. This seems like great news considering where you started! 

As to the ethics question -- personally I would not consider it unethical to TTC given the DNA fragmentation. Any conception includes a high risk of loss, even for perfectly healthy couples. It isn't your responsibility to TTA on behalf of an embryo that doesn't exist. To me a greater concern is your own mental health. If it will be too scary or produce so much anxiety for you that you aren't comfortable moving forward with that fragmentation rate, then you shouldn't put yourself through that. If you do want to try, you should.

I know "It's all up to you" is a wishy washy answer but I truly believe you will make the right decision for your own sanity. We're here for you too <3 

• @hartmich Ugh that blows! I'm sorry it was such a negative experience for him. Plus side -- it's too soon to know what the SA results will be and it's very possible his opinion in the heat of the moment won't be how he feels forever. Give him some time and distance from the experience. I hope it will be OK. <3

• @hartmich - Ugh. It's so hard to be graceful and accepting when it's literally the only thing they have to do. At the very least, rest assured that at lease SA pretty much go off of a per mL system, and not as a per sample system. So even if the sample size was low, the numbers shouldn't be off too much. In fact, this last SA from my H was the smallest ever (his is around 6 mL normally, and this was only 2.7 mL), and we had better results than any of the rest. That's obviously not because of the sample size, rather in spite of, maybe. All is not lost. Also, my H said it gets easier and easier and less and less awkward, so if there needs to be a continuing schedule of SAs, it'll get better. 
    Take a breath. It's okay. Hugs. <3

@adirat - Happy to see you free! Yeah, everyone kinda says IUI *should* be fine, and with the numbers, that's probably right. The DNAF/DNAS is just terrifying. I think we will at least take a cycle to adjust to this new reality before we do anything. I appreciate your opinion on the ethics issue. It just feels so weird to me. But you are right, I guess. Technically it's not like I am gambling with a life that already exists. It's just so hard to know that I am potentially putting myself back into the worst pain I've ever felt (emotionally and physically).
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• @GG620 I have pcos and I did have a large cyst when I was going through stims years ago. My Re eventually just drained it(not as awful as it sounds) and it was fine. The other option was to shrink it with bcps.

@hartmich sorry about your H. I think sometimes we forget that this stuff is hard and emotional for them too. I'm glad he apologized.

@KristoKekerooni great news on the SA!
  • @KristoKekerooni Wow!! That is fantastic news about the SA! This gives me a lot of hope since our husbands are on similar regimens. As for the losses, I can't really advise--and I think @adirat said some great things I agree with--but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything goes right. If it were me, I'd probably pursue the IUI despite the risk, but I've also never been in your situation so it's hard to know. I do think it's worth at least a shot. 
  • @kyersten that is super sweet and thoughtful of your mom!!
  • @kyersten That's so sweet! I'd love to see a pic someday :) 

• @mrsdaddario nice to see you lady! Its great to hear that you have O'd on your own the last two cycles. We're already to February so April is not so far off!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx