September 2017 Moms
Options

Heartbeat at home

We found our sweet baby's heartbeat for a few seconds today with our home doppler! (Insert all the happy tears) 

I'm 9+1. Has anyone else been anxiously waiting to try to find the heartbeat on their own? I was trying to hold out until 10 weeks, but caved today since my husband was off work finally. 
<><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
<><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
<><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
<><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>

Re: Heartbeat at home

• Options
    I would like to buy one, but am trying to hold out another week or two (currently 9 weeks).  I don't want to be disappointed/worried if I don't hear it, so I am putting off buying it until then because I wouldn't have the self control to wait!
  • Options
    Which one do you have? I bought one during my last pregnancy but it never really worked. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't wait to buy a doppler and try it out! I am only 7 weeks, so I am waiting at least another 3 weeks before I purchase one. I am so excited about it though! I never had one with my other two kids, so I am anxious to see how it goes.
  • Options
    Please use with caution ladies.  I'm so happy for you that you were able to hear it, but please remember that even the drs/ midwives have a hard time finding the  heartbeat this early in pregnancy.  If you know it will freak you out if you can't find it, think hard and long before doing this.  I had women on my previous BMB that got very upset bc of this, and they went on to have healthy babies.

Otherwise, happy listening!!  
    Oh absolutely! I told my husband- we probably won't be able to hear it, but we can try. It wasn't easy to find for sure. 
  • Options
    DPandMB said:
    Which one do you have? I bought one during my last pregnancy but it never really worked. 
    I bought it years ago on Amazon. It's Baby Sounds- pocket fetal doppler. Very simple and not as pricey as most. I've been pleased. It's been passed around among my friends, too.... I think this is Baby number 8 or 9 that it has been used for. :) 
  • Options
    I now have a Sonoline B, given from a lovely friend! YouTube shows some videos at 8 weeks finding it, but even in my t/v us it was hard to hear. I will probably try around 10 weeks and try not to think about it!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Please use with caution ladies.  I'm so happy for you that you were able to hear it, but please remember that even the drs/ midwives have a hard time finding the  heartbeat this early in pregnancy.  If you know it will freak you out if you can't find it, think hard and long before doing this.  I had women on my previous BMB that got very upset bc of this, and they went on to have healthy babies.

Otherwise, happy listening!!  
    Exactly why I can't have one...I know myself and can't be trusted, lol. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am 8w4d and found it for the first time a few days ago. Never tire of hearing it and this is baby #3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Aw I'm glad you heard it! I see my doctor on a Friday and am praying to hear it! I don't have a Doppler, I had my husband try to listen for it lol then found out you can't hear it by ear until like 25 weeks, oh well!
  • Options
    I used to listen with a stethoscope later into my last pregnancy 
    **TW** Loss mentioned
    Me:35 DH:35
    Married 9/2013
    BFP#1 1/28/2014 DS born 10/21/2014
    BFP#2 7/4/2016 , MC at 7w5d on 7/27
    BFP#3 1/5/2017
  • Options
    I have one that a friend gave me and I tried it out for the first time this weekend too. I kind of think I found the heartbeat but I'm honestly not sure if I did or not. I  watched a bunch of you tube videos and I know the babys heartbeat will sound faster than mine (I even have a recording of the babys heartbeat from my Dr to compare it to) but I still cant really tell the difference!  Im not the type to freak out when I cant find it (esp since I have no idea what Im doing) so its pretty cool for me but yes, if you know you would freak out I definitely dont recommend it. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I used to listen with a stethoscope later into my last pregnancy 
    That's so cool! 
  • Options
    I want one!! Lol DH said I would abuse the privilege of having it though...   :D too much anxiety already! He said he was going to cancel our Internet if I didn't get off Google!!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    It literally saved my sanity last time... sonoline b- I highly recommend.
  • Options
    ***TW Loss****

years ago a friends sister had an at home Doppler and was concerned she wasn't feeling movement. This was 30+ some weeks and close to delivery. Since she heard a heartbeat she didn't feel inclined to alert the doctor. She ended up losing the baby. I think about that every single time I see at home Doppler :( 
  • Options
    I just heard my baby's heartbeat at home through the womb music doppler. Best thing in the entire world. 
  • Options
    I did it!  I finally broke down and bought one.  I first tried yesterday (11 weeks) and couldn't find it, I found some placenta sounds and my own hb, but no baby.  So I said I'll try again in a couple days. 

Lol well I guess I don't have much patience because I just tried again and finally found it!  A little lower than I hadn't originally thought and still somewhat faint, but I heard it!  Just what I needed because a lot of my symptoms had decreased over the last week and I was getting a little worried.  So now I feel much better.
  • Options
    When can you use a stethoscope? I have an adult bell on mine but I can flip it for peds 
  • Options
    When can you use a stethoscope? I have an adult bell on mine but I can flip it for peds 
    Google says 20 weeks. :'(

I have a couple stethoscopes at home from DH's med bag for work. I may have to try this later on down the road.
  • Options
    I never could find a heart beat using a stethoscope with DS and that was using a very good cardiac one. I tried time after time and nothing.