September 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 1/27

Sorry I'm late posting this. Been a crazy week for us! 

You all may confess now. 

Re: FFFC 1/27

• Options
    Honestly I couldn't even tell you what those two things are... lol @lap018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lap018lap018 member
    edited January 2017
    Epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of health-related states or events (including disease), and the application of this study to the control of diseases and other health problems. Various methods can be used to carry out epidemiological investigations: surveillance and descriptive studies can be used to study distribution; analytical studies are used to study determinants.

And

Immunology deals with physiological functioning of the immune system in states of both health and disease as well as malfunctions of the immune system in immunological disorders like allergies, hypersensitivities, immune deficiency, transplant rejection and autoimmune disorders.

Basically they're the studies that fuel vaccinations 
  • Options
    This is me.. pretending to understand....

My brain is mush right now after this week I've had... I need to sleep for about three days and then maybe I'll read that again and understand it lol
  • Options
    Oh man this talk of KFC makes me want a famous bowl lol
  • Options
    Also @Becky012016 I'd rather not share how much weight I've gained already this time...  :s
  • Options
    @daniellelynette: it's terrible this time around!  However, I figured the higher I start for the weigh-ins, the less I'll "gain" overall! Lol I don't start weighing in until 10-11 weeks though.
  • Options
    I had two fried eggs this week. It will probably happen again if it's the only thing that sounds good. 
  • Options
    @carebella ....are we not supposed to eat eggs?  :|
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    Mine today is that I just warmed up my leftovers from lunch because I'm starving. Literally ate lunch like 2 hours ago and couldn't finish it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @jmn1985 eggs with the yolk cooked is fine. Uncooked/runny eggs is not recommended. 
  • Options
    @daniellelynette Me either. I love medium rare steak. Well done is just....bleh. Steak should not be cooked that much!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Lizlann I hate Popeyes even more lol
  • Options
    @daniellelynette Me either. I love medium rare steak. Well done is just....bleh. Steak should not be cooked that much!
    I think as long as it's not mechanically tenderized it should be fine! I *think* that's when it gets more likely to cause problems
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @runbyfruiting yes yes yessss steaks should not be cooked past medium ever. I worked at a steakhouse and it was so annoying when people would order their steak well done and then another it in steak sauce.

@MyNamesTaken I've never heard that but it makes me feel so much better!
  • Options
    @daniellelynette In that process they break the surface of the meat and let the bacteria potentially get in the middle where it doesn't get hot enough to kill it. If the surface isn't broken, as long as the outside reaches temp you should be good. At least that's what I read somewhere once (can't remember where)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My FFFC is that I am bi- and poly-sexual. I've been with my husband for five years and my girlfriend for six months :)
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That's cool Amanda! I have so many questions about how that works with pregnancy and having a baby and stuff lol. I can barely handle DH, I couldn't imagine having a girlfriend too!!! 
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall I am so sorry you had to do that. I was paranoid my first pregnancy but this time it's like... eh. I know I'm not gonna get sick, I'm getting my steak medium rare. My issue is with the guys that order it well done and then complain about it. Like dude I told you that I reccomend medium rare, not my fault you didn't take my advice lol. 
  • Options
    I accidentally outed the pregnancy on FB last night.  We were heading to the ER bc I was severely dehydrated from a stomach bug, and I was posting to my moms group.  Or so I thought.  I caught it after about 20 min, and it was late, so not many people saw it.  I put up another post asking anyone who saw it to not say anything.  So then one of DH's family, who is the resident busy body, left me a message on my page congratulating us.  Then DH's parents saw it.  Sigh.

I sent the busy body a message to not tell anyone, but I know she already did.  I'm really annoyed with her, even though I know the initial mistake was mine. This really was more of a vent, but whatever 

Semi confession-  Zofran is a life saver.  I know I've heard questions about it's safety during pregnancy, but it's kept me from continuing to puke my guts out from this stomach bug, and I really appreciate that.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ColoradoHiker ooooh that makes me so mad when people are asked not to say anything and they post right on your wall. Ughhhhhh I'm sorry that happened to you. 
  • Options
    lap018 said:
    Amanda H. said:
    My FFFC is that I am bi- and poly-sexual. I've been with my husband for five years and my girlfriend for six months :)
    Hey girl you do you but I mean .... your husband knows about your girlfriend though right... 
    Yes, ma'am!

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lap018 I'm also very nosy..... I just can't help it. Part of it comes from living in this small ass town where everyone knows everything about each other and there's always town drama....

• Options
    That's cool Amanda! I have so many questions about how that works with pregnancy and having a baby and stuff lol. I can barely handle DH, I couldn't imagine having a girlfriend too!!! 
    Ask away! She lives a few hours away from me. (We met about six months before DH got a job near DC.) We see each other once a month, which means I get a vacation every two months! That helps with handling DH, haha! She's a nanny and loves kids. My son calls her Tía :)

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I could eat just about everything with ranch dressing.
  • Options
    I could eat just about everything with ranch dressing.
    Me too!
  • Options
    @Becky012016 omg yes haha I love that!! My last pregnancy I gained 76 pounds overall and this time I'm trying so hard to avoid it but I feel soooooo sick unless I eat so I've been like nonstop eating and that plus this bloat makes me look like I'm already halfway to my due date lol 
    This times 100! The second I stop eating, I get sick. My belly is huge. I swear it looks like I'm 5 months already. 

• Options
    FFFC: I rly love a well done steak.  :p
  • Options
    DPandMB said:
    @Becky012016 omg yes haha I love that!! My last pregnancy I gained 76 pounds overall and this time I'm trying so hard to avoid it but I feel soooooo sick unless I eat so I've been like nonstop eating and that plus this bloat makes me look like I'm already halfway to my due date lol 
    This times 100! The second I stop eating, I get sick. My belly is huge. I swear it looks like I'm 5 months already. 
    Me too :( I gained soooo much weight with my first! Thank god I lost it all, but I swore I wouldn't gain that much with #2 and I here I am eating everything because I feel so sick if nothing is in my stomach. I also currently look 5 months pregnant, ugh 
  • Options
    @carawasa haha, me too! I broke down and ordered medium well once (just to pacify my DH) I prefer them well done. I don't usually put anything on it either. (Shrugs)
    Pregnancy Ticker