June 2016 Moms
Options

Baby merlin sleep suit

For those of you who use the sleep suit--have you transitioned out yet? Did you notice that kiddo slept BETTER once he/she was out?

I'm struggling to get this kid through the night without waking 8 times. We don't do any night feedings, just a pat or a paci puts him back to sleep, but I'm losing my mind. I'm wondering if he's past needing the suit and would sleep better on his tummy. It was SO successful for us when he started that I'm scared to try! He's 7 months now but I was going to hold off on getting out of the sleep suit until the bitter end (9 mo).

Also do you notice that it takes your kiddo longer to crawl than others? I know all kids go at their own pace, but I'm just sort of surprised my LO hasn't started crawling yet. He held his head up early, rolled over early, and clearly wants to crawl so badly. I thought he'd be there by Christmas.

Re: Baby merlin sleep suit

• Options
    For those of you who use the sleep suit--have you transitioned out yet? Did you notice that kiddo slept BETTER once he/she was out?

I'm struggling to get this kid through the night without waking 8 times. We don't do any night feedings, just a pat or a paci puts him back to sleep, but I'm losing my mind. I'm wondering if he's past needing the suit and would sleep better on his tummy. It was SO successful for us when he started that I'm scared to try! He's 7 months now but I was going to hold off on getting out of the sleep suit until the bitter end (9 mo).

Also do you notice that it takes your kiddo longer to crawl than others? I know all kids go at their own pace, but I'm just sort of surprised my LO hasn't started crawling yet. He held his head up early, rolled over early, and clearly wants to crawl so badly. I thought he'd be there by Christmas.
    I can't comment on the suit since we didn't try it.

Damien doesn't crawl at all and he was very early with raising his head up. He just kinda flails about. I wouldn't compare our babies to other babies since no two babies are the same, it would drive me mad if I did that! I've read that crawling isn't necessarily a milestone since some babies skip it altogether. He'll get there in time. I'm enjoying the non-mobile period while it lasts!
  • Options
    I bought the Merlin sleep suit and it worked for us for 1 night, same with the zippadee zip and the swaddle. I'm done investing money in anything that claims to make baby sleep because we haven't had success with anything unfortunately.

I wouldn't worry about crawling at this point at all, some babies are very advanced and do it early. However I believe the range for crawling is about 6-10 months, so no 7 month old baby is "behind" if they are not crawling.
    Plus as @vintagevix2016 said some babies don't crawl at all and just go straight to walking. 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have her in the sleep suit half the time we had her in it before. However, she does wake up more (1-2x during the night) in regular PJ's than in the sleepsuit. She sleeps on her tummy with and without the sleepsuit on. LO hasn't crawled yet but she does go on her hands and knees and "rocks" back and forth. I am not worried, babies will crawl at different times and some will even skip crawling.
  • Options
    We just transitioned out of the sleep suit last weekend. We loved the suit but she was outgrowing. Now she wears a halo sleep sack to keep her warm. Her night sleep is exactly the same. Although she did toss and turn a bunch the first night. Naps, however, are a disaster. I can't put her down without her waking up and crying. 

I hadnt thought of the sleep suit hindering crawling but yeah, shes not crawling at all. 
  • Options
    Hmm, so no differences in sleep much. I was hoping for a huge change of course :) I might try a nap without tomorrow. He's never slept on his stomach before. I wouldn't even know how to put him down for a nap that way! Right now I lay him down and pat his belly or hold his hands until he falls asleep. I'm terrified of him being mobile. He is terrible at going down for naps as it is!
    Not worried about crawling, just curious. There are lots of factors of course.
  • Options
    Do you put him to bed when he's just sleepy or once he's fully asleep? He might just not know how to transition through sleep cycles if he's waking that much.

We use the halo sleep sack and Jackie is crawling/pulling up. It hinders her a little, but she only wears it in her crib, so it's not like she's trying to run a marathon. She still has no trouble wiggling around, rolling over, or pulling herself up on the bars. Never used the Merlin suit.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::