April 2017 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying 1/26

What's got us feeling like

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying 1/26

• Loading the player...
  • @SnarkasaurusRex It might be a harder adjustment on us than it is for them!  :'(
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • I burst into tears at my desk after drinking a bottle of water and subsequently getting a nose bleed. Will I ever be hydrated again??? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • DH and I got to go see a movie last night for the first time in over a year. We were talking before the movie began, that it was this weekend 5 years ago we moved away from all of our friends to this city for his new promotion, and how far our lives have come since then. Both have advanced in our careers, bought a house, got married, and now have baby #2 on the way. It made me happy and sad at the same time.

Then the preview came on. I cried at every single one.  
  • After my trip to the hospital yesterday DH's manager told him to fly home front California and be with me as a precaution. He wasn't supposed to come back until tomorrow night. I cried when I picked him up from the airport because I was so grateful to see him and just have the comfort of knowing he was here. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kirstinh88 & @snarkasaurusRex, Thanks, thanks a lot for getting me thinking about that! Especially the kissing DS goodbye before hospital and then next time I see him he will be a big brother! I am trying not to cry thinking about that at my desk!!

Last night I wanted to sob but kept it together somehow. I am SO overwhelmed guys, the littlest things set me off. Last night I was so irritated cause my kitchen was a wreck, laundry basket overflowing, house a general mess cause it was DH's day off and day home with DS and they usually make more messes than they clean, and I had to leave for a bible study. I was gone a little over a hour and when I get home, house is still in same shape as when I left except for DH helped DS clean up his toys in the basement. While yes, that needed to be done, couldn't he have done something on the MAIN floor to take something off my plate like the dishes for instance?! I was so freaking tired and over it. I was going to get DS ready for bed (cause DH decided all the sudden he was "about to pass out from being so tired and just wanted to go lay in bed" um, ok) and then work on cleaning up. DH had promised DS he could watch one TV show before bed after his pjs were on so I got him in his pjs and while they got to lounge I tromped my pregnant, exhausted self down to the main floor to clean up the kitchen, switch laundry to the dryer and clean up all the random crap that they had left out. I was proud of myself for keeping my mouth shut to DH and not bawling my eyes out either. I am really starting to freak out of how I'm going to handle having a newborn in all this too!

SO sorry for the long rant, had to get it out!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @rachelmiller03 - oooh good one.  We took DD to see Moana on Saturday and I cried and cried and cried.  I just was so proud of that little Moana!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • I had a minor breakdown today about one of my cats (the one in my profile pic). She has been sick for a couple of years, and we think she just has had IBD which we have been more or less controlling with steroids and diet. Unfortunately, a few months ago she started losing weight and is now down to ~7 lbs (from ~9.5 lbs). Today we did an ultrasound and chest x-rays to see what might be going on (suspecting possibly cancer), and everything looked "relatively normal" so now I have no answers which is the most frustrating thing in the world. I just hate not knowing what's wrong with her and I doubly hate the fact that this is all happening at what is supposed to be such a happy time in my life. :( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kitkat8387 oh no I hope everything ends up being fine with your kitty! I'll be thinking of her..

When I was pregnant with DD my cat got sick. We took her to an emergency vet who couldn't find anything wrong, gave her some fluids and sent us home.. I cried and cried I was so frustrated. Thankfully my vet figured it out and she is happy, healthy and purring away next to me 5 years later. I really hope you have answers soon and your cat feels better!
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • Possible tw

I've been following a page on Facebook called Emily's Heart, about a little girl with Down syndrome and CHD and following her journey through surgery and recovery. She's currently in the picu with pneumonia and today is her 1st birthday. Her mom keeps posting about how far she's come in her short little life and I can't help but cry reading every post today
  • Guys, I just received the phone call that I failed my glucose test and now oli have to do the 3 hour. I'm so upset!  The night I took it I had an unexpectedly busy day at work. I basically didn't have time for breakfast, then I had a spur of the moment project around when I would normally take lunch which required a last minute hour and fourty minute drive to a SS office before they closed, waiting 2 hours to be helped (no drinks allowed either), then driving back up almost 2 hours straight to my drs office for my glucose test (which I just made it on time before closing). I only had time to stop at McDonald's real quick before going to the SS office for my only meal of the day since I was short on time and unfamiliar with the area. I wonder if that had an impact on my results since I was starving, stressed and dehydrated that day. Ughhhh :(
    BabyFruit Ticker