March 2017 Moms
Options

Sh!t Just Got Real

13»

Re: Sh!t Just Got Real

• Options
    vino831 said:
    I now have two car seats in my back seat yall! 
    I told my DH to set up the second car seat (or just the base), but he is in no hurry and figures he can just put it in while we are at the hospital. I want to make sure the configuration works in my car, so I want to get the base in there! I might nag him about it again this weekend.

I have gone from "sh!t just got real" back to denial phase. I can not actually fathom having a newborn again.
    Haha its soo true! Denial is a muchbmore confortable state lol.

I was pretty well convinced I'm missing a pad or something from the infant seat. And Im just shocked that I kinda feel like ive Already forgotten things like that!?!? Then later I opened the wrong door on my truck and almost put DS in the infant seat! :blush: Will I have a brain after 2?!?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kjd291 did you tell her you're on the date train? i wonder if she has any feelings one way or another about them. 
  • Options
    Checking in for #teamdenial
  • Options
    @kjd291 did you tell her you're on the date train? i wonder if she has any feelings one way or another about them. 
    No! I keep forgetting to bring it up!

ive also read some articles that don't shed good light on EPO, so I'm not all gung-ho about that option-unless wenarentalking induction again. 
  • Options
    @kjd291 i did too when i was researching if i wanted to use the EPO or not. i figured since i was doing the dates i would just stick to that. i feel like one good romp would be equivalent to everything the EPO would accomplish so maybe you can swindle your hubs into an extra session instead  ;)

i do know my doc used some kind of oil during delivery to help stretching but not sure what it was and it was only the one time thing not a habitual occurrence 
  • Options
    @kjd291 I was going to ask if you decided to to EPO. That was def the thong to do when I was preg  with my now 16 mo. Now it seems like ppl are jumping off that bandwagon. So I'll probably pass this go round. I've been trying dates but I do NOT enjoy them.

Oh and the SH!& got real update - I had no idea 37 weeks is term. I thought it was 38. I'm term in 2 days!??!?!!??! I don't even have a name picked out!!!!!
  • Options
    @vino831 I read a few articles on it and be just don't feel sold. My midwives still have brought up I could take it... but I don't want to. From the research I saw: it helps soften and dialate, but doesn't make Labor any smoother or make it come sooner - and there were things pointing to how it might increase chance of postpartum hemorrhage.  So--if I was told we needed to go the induction route I'd take it to aid in softening/dialating before induction so I could skip the drugs to do so.  For now, I may break the capsules and use it for massage if I feel like it , but otherwise leaving them alone.  

Yeah!! Last I remember looking it up, ppl use slightly different terms (depending on who you ask) "early term" at 37wks! ""Term" at 38, "full term" 39&40 and "late term" 41!!   But in my head term is term!  (((Saying term so many times makes it sounds like a weird word))
  • Options
    @kjd291 you guys are supposed to get a lot more than us. i'm out near boston and i think they're only calling for like 6-10... i was really enjoying this storm free winter haha ... with all of the news coverage you'd think we'd never seen snow before

i'm definitely back in denial mode too  :/ i try to remind myself that 28 days really isn't that long, try to make lists of things that need to get done before baby, try to distract myself... NOPE! the minutes are dragging and i'm going to be pregnant forever lol. DH said last night "just think about how fast Jan went by" Maybe for you!! Not for this swollen meatball!
  • Options
    @anonellis you're never "ready" lol i think men would put it off forever if we let them!
  • Options
    MMaru said:

The fact that my husband was talking about getting some furniture moved tomorrow even though he has a valid reason to procrastinate on it (which he normally would do... for months...) makes me realize that it's finally hitting HIM how close we are.

Last night at work, I was sitting in the office chair and could see my shirt moving around from baby's movements.  I know I ought to be swept up in the great awe and miracle that is a life moving inside of me but all I can think about is Alien.

Same!!!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    Had our baby class at the hospital today. It was semi useful information wise but it was good to get more info on the labor and delivery unit, what's included, and all that jazz. SGR moment: when they took off the cushions on the labor bed to reveal the foot rests (for some reason that struck a chord) and also when they showed some of the births on the birthing video. Got a little teary eyed. Us soon!!! Also there were some other March mamas in my class thankfully so I didn't feel like such a slacker lol
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    pandalily said:
    Had our baby class at the hospital today. It was semi useful information wise but it was good to get more info on the labor and delivery unit, what's included, and all that jazz. SGR moment: when they took off the cushions on the labor bed to reveal the foot rests (for some reason that struck a chord) and also when they showed some of the births on the birthing video. Got a little teary eyed. Us soon!!! Also there were some other March mamas in my class thankfully so I didn't feel like such a slacker lol
    Don't feel like a slacker. I'm not going to a birthing class until March 1. Haha. We procrastinated big time! And I am thinking of taking a baby basics class March 15. More for DH than me since he has zero experience with babies. Good thing I'm not due until the end of the month. 
  • Options
    We did our test run for the hospital this weekend. I'm starting to get the "this is really happening" feelings. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    Bump! =]
  • Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 at least Dr. Blake has a great sense of humor! 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SGR moment - Dr appt yesterday and Dr says he wants another growth ultrasound in 2 weeks "if you're still pregnant".  WHAT?!  No....I'm not ready yet.  So last night we got ready....we went out and bought our car seat.  Was trying to wait for the shower on the 26th, but I was stressing too much about not getting it and then what if we had the baby the next day.  So we bit the bullet.  I'm not exactly sure when LO is gonna make her appearance, but I'm seriously hoping for at least 3/1/17.  So let's try to keep her in for another 2 weeks.
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    In our last Lamaze class yesterday, we were down to 2 couples, the other 4 March babies arrived last week  :o
  • Options
    Just bought a gallon of milk that expires 3/5... two days after my due date!
  • Options
    @kjd291 Honestly DH has SO MUCH to do before our scheduled c-section that I look at a calendar and feel like March 13th is so far away. Then I realize it's less than 3 weeks away and that seems doable. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @kjd291 WHOA!!! It hadn't clicked until you said that. Subconsciously I know that baby could make his appearance at any time but it hasn't REALLY hit yet. 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker