March 2017 Moms

Norah is here!

edited January 2017 in March 2017 Moms
Ohhhh ladies. Do I have a birth story for you!!! I got my membranes swept at 11:20 this morning and had been having contractions all afternoon but I wanted to stay home until my water broke. H comes home with dinner around 7:30. I eat all while having bad contractions. I tell him I'm pretty sure tonight's the night but I want to get in the tub for a while to be sure they're not BH. Very quickly afterwards they get to be unbearable and I tell him we need to go and I feel like I need to push. We live 12 miles from the hospital and halfway here I push and my water broke. He's going 100 on the highway trying to get us here. We call to let them know we're coming. 

We get off the highway at 9:02. I tell him I need to push and he's telling me not to (HAH!!). We pull up to the door and he's able to get in because someone was walking out. The doors lock at 9 and the registration desk shuts down then too. He gets on the phone to tell them I'm in the car with broken water and is soon met with a team of staff. 

What they don't know is that I really had to push and I felt her crowning. I pulled down my leggings and felt her head. I pushed again and her head was out. I pushed a third time and delivered my baby girl all by myself in the car 25 feet from the hospital door. 

She was taken to nicu for testing and should be back here in my room any minute. She was born at 9:08 weighing 7 pounds 7 ounces and is 19.5 inches tall. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Norah is here!