November 2016 Moms
Options

Ongoing Formula Q

Hi all, this is kind of a piggy back to the "who's formula feeding" post -- I'm really hoping for your advice/experiences because I'm driving myself nuts.

My LO Gabe is almost 10 weeks old, we're formula feeding with Nutramigen since he has had milk sensitivity. Our pediatrician has advised that he eat 3-4oz every 3-4 hours. Our boy is a voracious eater! I don't know if Nutramigen passes through him faster because it's more broken down than regular formula, but he eats 4oz every 2.5 hours and the last two days it's been closer to every 2 hours. Over the course of 24 hours he's been consuming 32-36 ounces. He's been waking up every 2-3 hours during the night as well and he's HUNGRY. DH and I are debating whether we should try 5 ounces, and if so - during the day, or just at night?

On the one hand, I feel a lot of anxiety that I'm overfeeding because he's eating more than the doctor advises, but on the other hand my mama instincts and what I've read online advise to feed a hungry baby! I'm scared that if I keep upping his ounces he'll keep eating and it will somehow be detrimental to him in the long run.

If you're formula feeding, can you share how old your LO is and how much they eat, and do any of you have advice, personal experiences that can help ease my feeding OCD? Also, btw, he's in the 33 percentile for weight and 86 percentile for height, so he's by no means super chunky right now. TIA! 

Re: Ongoing Formula Q