4/12
4/19
4/26

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: When you have time, what's your favorite way to practice self-care?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change - 1/25

• How far along are you? 30 weeks... crazy!

How big is baby? Half a Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake or, according to TB, a zucchini?? Sorry, but I feel like that vegetable measurement is way off.

Appointments this week? Nope but I've switched over to 2 weeks so I will have one next week.

Symptoms? I feel like my energy levels are back down to late 1st trimester levels, with the added fun-ness of poor sleep quality (although last night was pretty decent).  Leg cramps, swelling, hungry for all the things. A little bit of nausea and/or lightheadedness.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Passed glucose screening - yay! - and had a wonderful baby shower this past weekend.  I got to see some friends I haven't seen in a few years that traveled from across the state to see me.  It was absolutely lovely.  It was also strange to leave many of my friends knowing that I'll have a baby the next time I see them!

GTKY: When you have time, what's your favorite way to practice self-care? Walking/stretching, baking yummy things (especially if I can convince DH to handle the dishes - ha!), and playing piano.  I wrote a birth song for Nugget recently and I love to play it on the piano and sing it to her. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks.

How big is baby? Acorn squash, a gallon jug of milk.

Appointments this week? Nope. Nothing until February.

Symptoms? I just feel really, really uncomfortable. I went from not showing at all at Christmastime to looking properly 4-5 months pregnant in a couple of weeks. My body is just not coping well with the sudden change. Also, pregnancy rage is making a comeback...my poor family and students.

Rant/Rave/Questions? People at work are now starting to notice that I'm pregnant, and I'm getting lots of comments like "you're not as big as you were last time!" and "you're still so little...are you sure you're due in April?" and it's like...I get that they're trying to be positive and probably thinking that it'll make me feel pretty, but I'm really worried about my weight gain (I still haven't gained anything according to my bathroom scale) so I wish people would just STAHP.

GTKY: When you have time, what's your favorite way to practice self-care? Oh, I am the worst at this. I guess take a bath? Or go for a walk/hiking/running, but the weather has been abysmal for that for months. I haven't gotten my nails done or a massage or even a hair cut in the last year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @SnarkasaurusRex I have also had slow weight gain (though some weight gain). I've really been starving lately. So I've been eating a lot more than normal and I've noticed the scale going up. But I can definitely commiserate about the concern of weight gain. At my last appointment, my OB said I was below average, but gaining steadily on track, so she wasn't worried. Also, I feel like my stomach is huge (maybe just because its me looking down at it), but everyone else tells me how small I am. My SIL told me this weekend that it didn't really even look like I was pregnant....WHAT?!?! I mean, check out HDBD, there is an OBVIOUS bump. Not sure if she was saying it to be nice or what, but its actually not really that nice. haha! And I asked DH if he thought I was bigger than I was with DS (it was 4 years ago and I didn't take many pictures) and he said that he thought I was about the same. This was longer than I intended, but weight/bump size commiserating with you. People really should just stop commenting.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby? small cabbage (that I would like to tear apart and wrap meatballs in and then braise in tomato sauce...) 

Appointments this week? Yes, I actually had one today. After asking, my Dr. said that I have been gaining weight a little two quickly these past two months and that if possible, maybe try and slow it down. I was kind of worried that she was going to say this and I'm really conflicted about how to feel. On the one hand, I have been eating too many sweets so I definitely need to cut back there. On the other hand, I've been doing strength training for 6 months and there is no way that some of this weight gain isn't just muscle. Also, the whole random weigh ins aren't a great predictor of my actual weight. I had a eating disorder in college so discussions about restrictions and "being too big" are just hard to have. I'm going to need to work through my feels but I am planning on just trying to push myself to being more into vegetables. It's just a matter of focusing my attention there but still...mah. 

Symptoms? Nothing serious. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? This is TMI but whatever...I wax (well sugar, which is much better!) down there...and I stopped during my first trimester because being sick and getting it done was just too much. I of course regretted the decision immensely in December when I went back to get it cleaned up before Hawaii. It was so painful that I've been slowly moving back towards the full brazilian instead of just one big rip. I'm finally back down to ground zero and it feels great. Plus, it doesn't hurt at all (comparatively) for the maintenance. Praise the Lord. 

GTKY: When you have time, what's your favorite way to practice self-care? I have to work out multiple times a week in order to keep my anxiety disorder in check. I don't "love" working out so taking the time to show up for myself...even when self is whiny and doesn't want to....is important. I also love to cook and cooking food that I enjoy eating and making is a form of self care. I basically eat without restriction because eating and cooking bring joy and restrictions limit my joy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Omie_Wise oh my word, if you've been working out a lot of it is probably muscle. As you probably know, muscle weighs more than fat anyway. I'm sure as long as you eat well you'll be fine. 
  • How far along are you? 
    30 weeks!
    How big is baby? 
    Cucumber
    Appointments this week? 
    No
    Symptoms?
    I had been doing fine until I got hit with a stomach bug yesterday. So I'm pretty much dehydrated, and after last weeks gallbladder spasm, it's been a struggle to feel better again. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    DH and I have been on the fence about how many kids we want. I kinda want 3 when he would be happy with 2. After the past few weeks, I'm not sure I want another after the experiences I've had this pregnancy. I feel selfish thinking this way, but maybe it's normal. Someone please tell me it's normal. 
    GTKY: When you have time, what's your favorite way to practice self-care?
    Having quiet time to myself. Whether it's taking a long bath, or getting a solid chunk of time to read/study, just having that uninterrupted time to myself is so refreshing. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers