Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin 01/25/2017

Hey Everyone,

Congrats to any new BFP's and hugs to anybody who needs one.

Welcome @Kim41313 and @pawcall to the board and FX for @Worldtravler0522 who is PUPO!

How is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame  
Waiting for our first BFP of the year...

PAGING:

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: Letrozole + trigger + IUI
@BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF
@blessedmomma88: dx: PCOS, anovulation Rx: Clomid, Metformin
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@CrunchyBaby2: dx: Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@eadams08: dx: PCOS Rx: Clomid
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + Estradiol
@iloverocksalot dx:High FSH/PCOS/Auto-Immunity, DH low morphology, Rx: DHEA + Microdose Lupron +
IVF/ICSI
@Jaje09182010: dx: Unexplained Rx: Clomid w/IUI
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@jojomama25: dx: MFI Rx: supplements + TI
@JRB3: dx: PCOS Rx: Clomid
@Kay6519: dx: PCOS rx: testing
@lablover78: dx: unexplained/irreg and MTHFR
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@madasm0530 dx: PCOS Rx: Provera+Femara+IUI
@MamaMunn: dx: PCOS Rx: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + TI
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx: metformin
@meli123k: dx unexplained  Rx:  IVF + ICSI
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@MrsMcMilkshakes: dx: cysts, testing
@MurphyGrace dx: Unexplained Rx:  Letrozole + Menopur injections + Ovidrel+ IUI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine to lower TSH
@NikkiPSU: Unexplained Rx: TI
@Plainjanie: DX- mild MFI. Rx- Monitored cycle with TI.
@pretzel2plus1: dx: Endometriosis Rx: laparascopy
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@ReesaAnne16: dx: MFI, high DNA fragmentation  Rx: Letrozole+ IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: low AFC + MFI and Rx: letrozole + testing
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: dx:possible PCOS, possible MFI Rx: Letrozole + IUI
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI
@Starlight811 dx: DOR Rx:  Menopur + Gonal F + Ovidrel + Progesterone suppositories + IUI
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@vssbrm: dx: Minor Vercosis, morphology, high prolactin  Rx: Clomid + IUI + ovidrel + prolactin meds
@Mrs.RedHead dx: Unexplained Rx: Testing with RE
@PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx:Clomid + IUI, acupuncture, supplements
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@avocuddle dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@kmallery08 dx: unexplained Rx:Clomid, GonalF, Trigger Shot, IUI and Progesterone
@greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
@KariShoe dx: Unexplained Rx: Preparing for testing
@kaitlink33 dx: IR pcos Rx: Femara + trigger + TI
@Spaniard: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@BunnyW23: dx: vasectomy (reversal) Rx: IUI
@kyersten: dx: Scar tissue Rx: IVF
@RunsUponATime: dx: in testing Rx: Clomid
@whenwillieversleep: dx:low progesterone Rx: Testing, suppositories
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
@lindybird: dx: low hormone levels Rx: homeopathic treatments
@Kim41313: dx: MFI Rx: waiting for testing
@pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI

NEWCOMERS:

To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:

1.  How long have you been TTC?

2.  What is your diagnosis?

3.  What is your current treatment plan?

QOTW: What is the best middle of the night snack?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin 01/25/2017

• I feel fairly hopeful for this cycle lately for some reason even though I haven't ovulated or anything yet. I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm seeing a neweek RE that I like and he's taking a different approach or if it's the new year or whatever. I go back in next Wednesday for my midcycle scan so hopefully all goes well and I have some nice follies (not expecting more than 1 though since I'm still only taking 5mg just like before and only had one follie then). 

QOTW: usually it's ice cream when DH and I decide we want something at night...
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • @Worldtravler0522 - aaaahhhh!!!!! FX FX FX! Am feeling v hopeful and excited! FX! Baby steps! (I guess quite literally - hahaha!)

• @funkykey thanks!! I'm trying not to get too excited because we have a long way to go but I'm hopeful. 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• omg @Worldtravler0522 thats wonderful!! sending lots of prayers and positive vibes your way for a sticky baby!
    NTNP since 2012
  • Today is CD 14. I had my scan on Monday and had one follicle at 17 and another at 21. They wanted me to use the trigger shot Monday night and that turned into an adventure!

When I pulled the cap off the syringe I broke the needle! I was hysterical. Luckily, DH was so composed and helpful. We contacted my nurse practitioner and by some miracle even though it was 7:30 at night the doctor was still at the clinic so he was able to put the liquid in a different syringe and we didn't have to waste this cycle or the $99 shot!  I was very impressed that they were willing to work with me after hours like that. 

FX for you @Worldtravler0522
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• Well, our cycle with Clomid was a bust. There wasn't any more follicle growth on my last ultrasound. Now the RE has decided he needs to "talk" with me in 3 weeks. Yikes! In the meantime he's decided to let us move along with a 'step up cycle'. So cycle day 22 turned into cycle day 3. Pretty confusing. Now, instead of another round of Clomid he's having me take 10mg of Femara. I'm a little confused about that because the Femara had no effect before but the Clomid seemed to somewhat work. I'm not sure what he's expecting, but I hope something happens this time around. 

@Worldtravler0522 so excited for you! FX for a sticky little baby! 

@MandyBeeSLP I would have been a nervous wreck! It's awesome that they worked with you like that though! 

QOTW: I really love apples or pineapple and cream cheese as a midnight snack. It's delicious! 
  • @Worldtravler0522 positive vibes going your way!

We had our first RE appointment 2 days ago - it was so refreshing to plan a time line for action! (Although the sceptic in me is aware that this is a "sales" situation, so they're more focused on making me feel stoked). 

RE analysed all our tests and confirmed we have completely unexplained IF... DHs low morph is apparently not significant given his other numbers. I have sufficient follicles of good size, that do what they're meant to... well, almost!

1st cycle of Letrozole is over (CD24 right now), so we're doing 2 more with IUI then on to IVF. Wham bam. It feels fast to me (not that I'm complaining)... is that a standard time line?

I've been bawling like an idiot for the last 3 days... I'm hoping it's the letrozole, cause if not I may have bigger issues than IF. Work has been AWFUL 14hr days for the last week (I work with my DH too), so I'm falling short of the "just relax and be a welcoming vessel" bar. 

QOTW: The past week I've been eating late night Marmite on toast... mmmm. 
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thanks ladies I'm super hopeful and ready for my betas!  Tomorrow afternoon can't get here soon enough. 

@MountainLady your timing seems right to me. We did two IUIs and two times BD with Clomid before moving on. It's all very emotionally draining, hang in there!  

@MandyBeeSLP thank goodness they were there! That must have been so stressful.  

TTC since December 2014
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    2 snow babies 

• @Worldtravler0522 still keeping my Fx for you and hoping the best!!

DH and I are getting near the end of our 2 month break.  AF is due at the end of next week so I told DH that we needed to decide by the end of this week if we wanted to continue with our treatment or wait another month to see how things go at the mill.  I think we are both ready to continue, but I told him we also had to decide if we wanted to do another month of meds with the added trigger shot and follicle check with timed BD or IUI.  

In this, I think we both have different thoughts.  He seems to be leaning towards timed BD, but at this point, I feel if it had been a timing thing we would have conceived by this point considering I only have so many more months I can do on meds and how diligent we have been the last.....almost 2 years.  Holy cow, its been almost two years already.  I am more ready for the IUI.

I actually had a little giggle the other day.  I had warned him that the next round required a shot that he would have to help me with, which I think makes him nervous.  We were watching an older episode of Greys Anatomy the other day where Derek gives Meredith a shot in the elevator as part of their fertility treatment.  DH asked me if that was what he would have to do to me.  The look on his face was kind of cute, lol.

QOTW: Crackers.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• YAY @Worldtravler0522!! FX for nice doubling betas!!

@MountainLady we are also doing 3 IUIs and then on to IVF which I agree seems kinda fast but thays fine by me. 

@hoffmanr7 your "holy cow it's been almost two years already" comment sums up my feelings exactly. I find myself wondering all the time how has so much time gone by already.  

1) TTC #1 since 10/13 and trying 18 months post loss. 

2) Unexplained with nearly every test done and looking great...part of me feels like that's even more frustrating than finding an issue.

3) Waiting for AF now so we can start Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI next month. 

GTKY - I don't remember the last time I had a late night snack. But I do love grapenut ice cream!! 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• FX for you @Worldtravler0522

@MandyBeeSLP Yikes!  I'm so glad everything worked out.  I would have had a meltdown!

AF came yesterday afternoon so I am going in for bw/ us tomorrow morning and will be starting stims tomorrow night.  I just want to get the first night over with so I'm not so nervous about the meds!

If I snack late night its usually just some fruit.  We don't keep any junk food in the house which was a healthy change from my single life.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• limeburstlimeburst member
    edited January 2017
    @MandyBeeSLP that is crazy that the needle broke! I think I would have freaked! I'm glad you were able to get it taken care of! 

@Worldtravler0522 yassss!! Still FX for you!! 

AFM, I am in the TWW with very low expectations, which honestly is kind of liberating. I have really not been as focused one TTC this cycle and it has been kind of nice. I even stopped temping after I confirmed ovulation and I don't miss it haha. We also got a dog this week, so that has been a very nice distraction! :)

I had my 7dpo blood work this week, but haven't gotten the results yet. Waiting for our RE appointment in March...

eta: QOTW: I am not a big late night snacker but if I do my all time favorite is those white fudge Oreos! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) they are seasonal, so you can only get them around Christmas time. 
  • I just posted an intro. Hi everyone! FX to everyone who needs it!

1.  How long have you been TTC? Since April 2016

2.  What is your diagnosis? PCOS - diagnosed July 2016

3.  What is your current treatment plan? Finishing my first cycle of Letrozole, which was anovulatory. My OB has told me the next steps are to increase the dosage for each of the next two cycles (until max dosage), and if I still don't ovulate, she will refer me to an RE. I've only used OPKs so far, but my thermometer should arrive tomorrow so I can track my temp going forward.

QOTW: What is the best middle of the night snack? I don't really eat in the middle of the night. I can basically only manage to drag myself out of bed to pee and then it's back to sleep.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @MandyBeeSLP - OMG, I would have been hysterical too. Keeping FX for you!
    @MountainLady - I think our timeline will be similar. Like, we'll do probably 3 IUIs and then move on to IVF... I have been a disaster this cycle, emotionally, and probably drank too much one night last week, but hey. I've been a welcoming vessel for a year and nothing happened. So maybe being a basket case is the trick, for me? ;)
    @Kim41313 - Ah! I love dogs! Congrats!

We're supposed to go in for our first IUI this weekend, but I am getting so anxious about it. Last month didn't work because of their Christmas closure, and then before then I had a couple of OPK nightmares and DH hadn't (ahem) committed to the IUI yet. Anyway, it feels like it's taken MONTHS to get to this point. I keep talking to DH about "taking it seriously", and then panicking when he says things like: "I was thinking I might stay out late the night before." (It's actually his birthday, so not crazy unusual for us to hang out late with other people on Friday birthday nights, especially after a dinner with friends - I'm just thinking I'm going to be too anxious for that.) 

The stress of this is getting to me; even the stress of the OPKs has been nutty these last couple of days. I'm so worried something is going to go wrong and we're going to need to wait another month to get started. I don't think I'd realized how much it had been weighing on me until my sister sent me a gift. She was like: "Good luck this weekend! We were going to buy you a new scarf or something, but thought you could use the cash more!" So thoughtful, I started to cry.

Anyway, here's hoping it works out! If it doesn't, next month we'll plan to do our first IUI but with blood tests and a trigger shot.

QOTW: I'm not much of a snacker, except when we have licorice in the house. Then all bets are off. We don't have it around often, except after we go to the movies, or something.
  • @funkykey thanks! He's super sweet and a lot of fun! This is our first dog so I am pretty excited! FX all goes well with your IUI this weekend! 
  • @funkykey - So sorry about the wait. It's tough, just trying to get everything to fall into place. FX

@Worldtravler0522 - So excited for you!!

I've finally come down from my Clomid + Ovidrel hormone high, which included lots of crying (for understandable stress related reasons) and my pants finally fitting more normally.

DH had to face the music with the urologist, that he finally has to take this as seriously as I do. Thanks for the suggestions in the recent "wimpy" sperm thread - he's willing to try Mucinex but no supplements beyond a multivitamin and CoQ10. Can't force him. Tempted to buy them and crush them up in his coffee. This TTC thing has got to end, one way or another.

QOTW: Cookies are my late night snack. I don't usually get up to eat though. It's usually the last thing I have before bed if I can help it.

Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements

• @Worldtravler0522 yes!!!! FX that number continues to go up! 

@funkykey and @MountainLady I can also vouch for the "welcoming vessel" being a myth. I've done it for the last 16 mos, complete with meditation, yoga, and acupuncture.....which of course were all things people swore were the cure to IF - nope. So let your vessel be whatever it wants to be! 

@BenJay glad your DH is taking things a tad more serious. My SO also refused to take anything to boost our chances, even when he had a random SA with slightly low motility. Lucky for him the other 4 have been normal.....otherwise I would have definitely crushed things into his food! 

AFM - just got my 7DPO post Clomid/IUI progesterone result and it is 32!! (Unmedicated it was 7.9) the RE's note on my chart said "high quality ovulation". Now I have to hold it together for another 4 days before I can POAS. Eep! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Worldtravler0522 that's so exciting! I'll be waiting to see how it goes later today, do you think both embryos took?!?
    NTNP since 2012
  • @Worldtravler0522 yay! FX for continued good numbers!

@PoeMasque does your RE regularly do day 3 and 7dpo blood work? FX for you this cycle! 
     I only ask because my OB didn't seem they think they mattered, my RE didn't seem to think they mattered (??) and now I'm seeing a naturopath and she basically said "WTF!? Why has no one run these on you before?!" I wish I knew? Been asking for them for about a year and a half.... anywho, I will probably go in for the 7dpo and thyroid check on Monday, hooray? 

@GoldenKeys would you mind updating my diagnosis to "possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI" and treatment would be something like trying to regulate hormones naturally? For now, at any rate. 
  • TW

Update on me.... all day yesterday and Friday I had brown discharge like old blood. Last night around 7 I started bleeding dark red blood and passed a few clots.  :( I was back to brown by the time I went to bed around 11 but still terrifying. Second Beta came back at 235 so not what we wanted but not a decrease either. Long story short we go back on Tuesday to see what my Beta is doing. My gut tells me we're about to have our third loss but who knows. 

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• @Worldtravler0522 Hang in there! After everything you've gone through, I have to admit your post really hit me in the gut, but I'm sending you all my good vibes today!!

@smokinangel I think it depends on what your diagnosis is, but initially you definitely should have had CD3 and CD21 bloodwork. If you had issues with any levels and are doing treatment, the RE should absolutely recheck them each cycle to make sure the therapy is working. If they absolutely refuse do you have another RE you can go to? Do not hesitate to switch! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Worldtravler0522 - thinking of you today.
  • @Worldtravler0522 keeping you in my thoughts and fx for you.
    NTNP since 2012
  • Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements

• @Worldtravler0522- keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you and sending you good vibes.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• @Worldtravler0522 thinking of you today. 
    NTNP since 2012