June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 1/24

I didn't see a thread started for this week yet.

I'm wondering if anyone has switched OBs after 20 weeks in pregnancy? Was it easy or hard? 

I had to switch at 14 weeks due to my old OB retiring and this new OB I chose is just downright awful. She rushes through the appointments and I don't feel like she's really connected at all to me and my baby. It probably doesn't help the first time I met her she called me Jennifer (totally not my name!) and that just left a bad first impression on me. 

Re: Weekly Questions 1/24

• Options
    Also, when does your doctor start measuring fundal height? I'm 21 weeks and haven't been measured yet.
  • Options
    jgil85 said:
    Also, when does your doctor start measuring fundal height? I'm 21 weeks and haven't been measured yet.
    My midwives didnt measure until around 3rd trimester last time. However they do feel around and do some tapping and can figure out pretty well that way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    shmarplershmarpler member
    edited January 2017
    @jgil8, I haven't had to switch practices, but if you aren't comfortable, definitely look for someone else. I feel like this is a provider that you need to be perfectly comfortable with, and one that you feel you can trust. 
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    I've switched twice. With dd we moved and my last appt was the one they send you to get the gestational diabetes test at. 24 w maybe?? It was no trouble at all and we went from an ob I did not like to an ob/midwife team I loved. This time we are again with obs we don't like at all, next week we are doing our anatomy scan at 20 w and signing our paperwork over to a midwife team we love! It hasn't been too hard except they need me to go in in person to sign which is annoying because I hate going into that town, it's in a dangerous area. So worth switching, it makes a world of difference when you actually trust and like your provider! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! I really just need to trust my gut and switch to a different provider. 
  • Options
    We're visiting a new midwife clinic tomorrow. My dr was perfectly fine just not clicking with her.  I've read too many stories where mom's wish they would've listened to their gut so I'm switching!
  • Options
    jgil85 said:
    Mine waits until 24 weeks. The last one started at 20. I think it just depends on the OB. 
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    @jgil85 I can't remember when they started the fundal measurements with my first, but they never did them with my second. They said there was new data that showed they weren't actually helpful, so you may want to ask your practice what they do. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I think we started at 3rd tri with my other two, but my fundal measurements were always off.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My midwife started measuring at 20w and mine have always been correct thus far.  I guess it just depends on your provider.