June 2017 Moms
Options

Chest pain

So I had a scary spell this morning in the shower. I had chest pains and a rapid heart beat and the longer it went on the more I felt like I was going to pass out. I got out of breath and my vision started going dark. I was able to get out of the shower and crawl back into bed to tell my husband what was going on. It lasted for about 15 mins. I called the doc and am waiting to hear back. This happened once before right after DS was born and I went to the ER, they couldn't find anything because the spell was over by the time they started monitoring me. Has anyone else had this happen?

Re: Chest pain

• Options
    I've had short episodes of chest pain a few times. I get nervous because I have mitral vavle prolapse and I don't know if it could be worse during pregnancy. Basically my mitral valve doesn't close all the way so blood sometimes goes the wrong way. 

hope it passes and doesn't happen again! could it have been a panic attack?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I get rapid heartbeat / dizziness during pregnancy, if the water is too hot. My body's way of telling me my normal temp of water is too hot during pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first thought was panic attack, too. Do you deal with anxiety?

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options
    JAGinMI said:
    My first thought was panic attack, too. Do you deal with anxiety?
    I've had panic attacks in the past and they didn't feel anything like this. Both times it happened I was really relaxed and happy/ looking forward to something. I gusss it could be and I feel it is that is scary. 
  • Options
    i work in a cardiology clinic and i see pregnant women coming in all the time.  the extra stress on your body can do funny things to your heart.  it sounds like SVT or palpitations which could be nothing or could be serious especially if you are almost passing out.  def worth checking out again as you dont want something to happen during the middle of labor either

*i am not an actual medical professional, i just play one on TV :) *
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers