Baby Names
Options

Name fighting??

edited January 2017 in Baby Names
I'm sure we've all had disagreements with our SOs about names but what about a big blow out where your partner had to leave the room because they were so mad over your name choice?

Luckily, this is a hypothetical for me although my SO hated the first name I really liked. We've compromised since but just wondering if this has been a scenario for anyone. Currently trying to distract myself from feeling well overdone at 41+3 with a few bump articles!

Re: Name fighting??

• Options
    Nope, our convos over names have never come to that. I wish I could give you something fun to read while you wait!   ;)   Best of luck and hope your LO comes soon!
  • Options
    We never had a knock-down-drag-out, but I got frustrated a few times with hubs' reasoning for not liking my names. Like... I went to 3rd grade with a kid named that who spilled his milk a lot so I don't want our kid to be a klutz. THAT'S NOT A REASON!!!! 

My tactic was to record every name we sort of agreed on so I could refer back to it later - no backsies! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did, mainly cause my 3 SIL all felt they needed to have a voice and final decision. In fact, it happened in the damn hospital room cause I posted her name on facebook and everyone threw a fit that I changed her middle name, even though it had been changed for 2 damn months!!! It made me so mad cause he told ME to stop posting stuff on facebook and his mom told him he needed to let people in on these things. I told him he needed to stand up to them. Which he finally did....3 hours later. With our son they all threw a fit about his name too but this time around it was so much freaking worse. I felt like I had caused WW3. They seem to think they all have to have a say in our life and it drives me nuts, finally to the point I actually yelled at him... oops. That's what happens when you piss off a woman in labor lol