PGAL Check-In 1/23 — The Bump
Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In 1/23

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite thing about yourself? 
Pregnancy Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

MMC 6/7/16 at 11 weeks
Rainbow due 4/17/17

Re: PGAL Check-In 1/23

• How far along are you? 28 weeks. The third trimester is officially here! 

How big is baby? 
    Eggplant or baseball cap

Appointments this week? 
    Glucose test and ob appointment Thursday. 

Emotionally I'm doing alright. She's been incredibly active and I haven't been worried about her in days. Probably for the first time all pregnancy. Physically the heartburn and fatigue is bad. I'm trying so hard to fight off DH's illness because it would probably knock me out for a week or more and this would be a bad time at work for that. Yikes. I'm worn out and I hope my body can resist. 

Hopefully passing the glucose test. I don't know when I go down to two week appointments. But really, I'm mostly looking forward to having a baby shower and putting the nursery together because I feel incredibly unprepared. I have nothing. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I just can't believe it's the third trimester. I'm so glad we've made it so far. 

I'm extremely curious and it's made me really well informed. I'm also not afraid to do what I need to to get what I want. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

MMC 6/7/16 at 11 weeks
    Rainbow due 4/17/17
    andrea0418Bok Bagokjen83mn
  • How far along are you? 30 w 4 days

How big is baby?
    a zucchini

Appointments this week?
    none this week, but I'll probably call my OBGYN about some GD questions I have. 

Tomorrow will be a week since having a meeting with the GD nutritionist and having my meter to test my blood sugar. In general I'm doing really well, but my morning fasting number is always a little higher than they want, so I'll be calling them tomorrow to see what else I can try before having to go to insulin. I'm fine with doing insulin if I have to, but it makes me feel like a failure because I was so sure I'd be able to manage it all with just diet. So emotionally, that whole thing has got me down, but noting too bad. Physically, ok getting tired quicker.  

I'm kinda anxious about the next growth scan with the MFM in Feb. Last time baby measured in the 47% but they measured his arms/legs twice and the doctor made a passing comment that he won't be big kid. That kind of upset me and has been on my mind since. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I feel like all of a sudden Im super busy and have zero downtime. Between, getting ready for this baby, c-section scheduled for 3/27 at 7:45am, planning my daughters 3rd bday party in Feb, trying to learn/manage this gestational diabetes thing and having my kitchen remodeled, I feel like every "free" second I have is made interneting or making phone calls about those above mentioned items. I'm tired and sorry I haven't been as active as I would have liked on this board recently. 

My favorite thing is that I'm creative, I love all things crafty and have a nice little collection of supplies to make fun stuff for my daughter. My husband got me a sewing machine for Christmas and so I've been teaching myself how to use it. So far I made a pillow for my daughter's doll, LOL. 
    andrea0418HGRich
  • @HGRich congrats on getting to the 3rd tri! Time seems to be speeding up doesn't it? Good luck with the glucose test! It isn't so bad. It's nice when the baby is very active isn't it? Mine is crazy at night, but even now he'll have his more restful nights and I'll to run and drink cold water or push on my stomach to see if he moves, cause of course I can't just let him rest :) 
    HGRich
  • How far along are you? 13w6d

How big is baby? 
    A lemon

Appointments this week? 
    Routine OB appointment Thursday - it's my first one since my intake which I felt was much more... clinical. I'm hoping to actually get to have a conversation and ask some questions. 

Physically fantastic (other than exhaustion still) which makes me emotionally a semi-wreck. I know this is that odd time where you feel better but can't feel the baby and it's just nerve-wrecking.

Hearing the heartbeat at my appointment on Thursday and announcing this week!

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    It's the first one without my DH, he's travelling, and that makes me a little nervous. Actually it makes me a LOT nervous. What if something has gone wrong since my last appointment (which was just last week!).

While this post doesn't sound like it I'm a pretty positive person! I'm also organized to a tee so I'm researching all our big ticket items and getting them into a spreadsheet for comparison.
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
    HGRichandrea0418Bok Bagok
  • @Bok Bagok sorry you've been so tired and busy. No worries about not posting as much, but we miss you! Crazy exciting about having a definite due date and time!

@byrneme I hated that part between starting to feel better and before feeling movement. Hang in there. Hopefully you'll feel some early flutters! :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker

MMC 6/7/16 at 11 weeks
    Rainbow due 4/17/17
  • How far along are you?  27+5 

How big is baby? 
    size of a bunch of bananas 

Appointments this week? 
    regular appt tomorrow then I start going every 2wks! 

emotionally ok. Feeling him move all the time settles my nerves. Physically it's getting hard to bend and sleep comfortably and keep up with my 3yr old. 

getting this boy head down will be a milestone for me! I'm going to start trying some of the techniques on spinning babies. I'm really hoping for a vbac and the first step is getting him in the correct position! 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    just trying to enjoy the last few months since this will be my last pregnancy. I passed my GD test. I was worried about that. 

I am very optimistic and can find the good in almost any situation. 
    HGRich
  • @andrea0418 I feel the exact same way as you when you said that you are trying to enjoy the last few months. This will also be my last pregnancy and I have an almost three year old also :) Even though I'm excited for this baby there's no way I'm in any rush for him to get here or wishing this time away. I just started to feel like life was getting easier and I know that soon I'm going to be thrown back into that babyhood era lol. 
    andrea0418
  • @byrneme I second what HGRich said, that in between time of feeling sick and feeling movement is a tough one! Hang in there!
  • Thanks @Bok Bagok and @HGRich - it's times like these I want to Amazon Prime myself a doppler but then I think about what would happen if I couldn't find the heartbeat and I close that browser! 
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
    HGRichBok Bagok
  • @byrneme I'm still not feeling physically better but I can imagine how anxious I would be if/when I do start feeling better.  It's so crazy, at some times all you want is to feel "normal" and then as soon as you do, you're worried about what that means!
  • How far along are you?  14w1d

How big is baby? 
    Lemon

Appointments this week? 
    Nothing until 16 weeks, but I need to call the genetic counselor b/c we still haven't gotten our carrier screens back yet and it's been a couple of weeks. 

Emotionally I'm getting better, although now I'm worried we have so much to do and so little time!  I had a family wedding over the weekend and since we told my MIL, the entire wedding then knew, so that was a little overwhelming.  Physically I'm still nauseous although I feel like my exhaustion is getting a little better. 

Actually hearing the heartbeat at my next appointment.  We've only seen it on ultrasound so far. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

I'm naturally inquisitive, I ask a lot of questions, I like knowing things.  Sometimes my husband agrees this is a good thing, sometimes he wonders how one person has so many questions.  I told him wait until a toddler keeps asking him "why". 
    HGRichBok Bagokandrea0418
  • Congrats on entering Third Tri, @HGRich!! You are in the home stretch now! Good luck on your glucose test. 
    @Bok Bagok I hear you on the Growth Scan anxiety. My baby was measuring 43rd percentile last time and they keep telling me my belly is measuring too small... I thought I would be excited about growth scans as opportunities to see my LO again, but instead they are another source of pregnancy anxiety. :(
    @andrea0418 your attitude about enjoying the last few months of pregnancy is so admirable. Any tips for the rest of us struggling with positivity during 3rd Tri?
    @byrneme I totally understand where you are coming from. I know that going to the appointment without your DH can be difficult, but think about how amazing it will be to hear that HB! Best of luck on your announcement soon! Also, I agree with resisting the urge to buy a doppler... it would have driven me crazy.
    @CPR79 So happy to hear you are feeling better emotionally and getting a bit more energy back. I was so angry when my nausea didn't magically disappear the second I entered Second Trimester, but it started to lighten up around 15w and by 20w it has disappeared - I wish the same for you!!

How far along are you
    ? 32w5d

How big is baby
    ? Big enough. 

Appointments this week
    ? Nothing this week... Growth scan next Thursday. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically
    ? Kick counts are a new source of anxiety... I keep convincing myself that something must be wrong when it's now...

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to
    ? Can I just fast forward to meeting my LO? 

Rants/Raves/Questions
    : Got into a tiff with my mother which is pretty rare... I asked her to get a tDap booster because my pediatrician recommends anyone who spends significant time with baby before she gets her own vaccines have this shot. My mom freaked about how it's all a hoax planned by pharma to get money from these shots.... *sigh*

GTKY: What's your favorite thing about yourself
    ? You wouldn't know it about me based on what I post about, but I am an incredibly laid back person. I handle emergency and crisis situations remarkably well and know how to care for others in times of need. There is VERY little that stresses me out or gives me any kind of anxiety. The huge exception, of course, is being PGAL - somehow that gives me ALL the anxiety in the world. 
    HGRichandrea0418Bok Bagok
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 I think just knowing I'm doing everything I can to keep him safe inside is reassuring. I take it one day at a time and one appointment at a time.  The rest is out of my control. I love all the kicks and movement and I know I'll miss it when he's on the outside. 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 - you are SO right. While I was a little panicky leading up to my appointment (and they were running behind of course!) hearing that heartbeat will never get old!! 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
    JustAnotherUsername16Hopefulmommy1980HGRich
  • @byrneme I'm so happy it went well!!! Today is a good day to be pregnant :)
    byrnemeHGRich