May 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 1.23.2017

How far along? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week?

Symptoms? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: What's something you love about your hometown or where you live now? 
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 1.23.2017

• Options
    How far along? 22 weeks

How big is baby? 11 inches or spaghetti squash

Appointments this week? None for a while

Symptoms? Hip pain, back pain, and heartburn. I think I'll have the same 3 symptoms until I give birth.

Rant/Rave/Questions? My friend gave me a Best Cradle belly hoister thing. I put it on last night because I was desperate for some back pain relief, and it actually helped. I have it on until my clothes this morning and I'm heading to physical therapy. Feeling some Monday blues this morning (Steelers didn't help last night) so I'm hoping I can be in a good mood today!

GTKY: What's something you love about your hometown or where you live now? I'm from a small town that's known for growing apples and producing applesauce. The amount of orchards is really beautiful, and I've never seen another town like it. It's something you take for granted when you live there but then appreciate it when you move away. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 Congrats on V-day!!

How far along? 25 Weeks

How big is baby? Baseball Glove

Appointments this week? Nope, nothing for a while 

Symptoms? lower back pain...seriously considering getting a belly band to see if it helps 

Rant/Rave/Questions? We went and registered last weekend, HOLY MOLY that was overwhelming. 

GTKY: What's something you love about your hometown or where you live now? It is not too small and close enough to a big city that I feel I am not missing out on anything. 
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited January 2017
    @Jkp7749 - Yay for viability! And I'm not carrying twins but maybe because this is my 3rd I also feel like my belly is as big as it was before at around 34-36 weeks. 

How far along? 26 weeks

How big is baby? Bowling pin

Appointments this week? None

Symptoms? My belly is now getting in the way of things. I can also now see the shadow of the linea negra from top to bottom but it's not dark yet. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What's something you love about your hometown or where you live now? Iove that we have a big city next to the mountains so you have nature and city right next to each other. Makes the possibilities of things to do really great. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    22 weeks... Baby is as big as a coconut. 

Follow up with the chiropractor on Wednesday. Other than that no Baby appointments until next month. 

Still feeling very nauseous, hip pain, and sleepiness. 

As a STM I am loving the registry as my "need/want" list. It's helping me keep track of the things I hope to have replaced or updated by the time Baby arrives. 

I love the city we are in. There are always things to do from sporting events to theater shows. It has lots of kid friendly/family oriented events too- annual children's festival, science center, our zoo... we live in the suburbs which is awesome because there isn't so much of the fast pace and everyone knows everyone. It's really the best of both worlds. 

• Options
    @Jkp7749 congrats on viability!  That's awesome!

22 weeks

coconut/spaghetti squash/water bottle

i have some sacroiliitis and it's kinda annoying.  I think I need to find some stretches or get sone PT or something!

appointments: none until my next OB follow up and A/S follow up on Feb 2

R/R/Q:  I'm so excited we got some of our nursery items set up for delivery!!  I can't wait for them to come (although they aren't coming until we are in week 24)

GTKY:  I loved my hometown.  It was a much bigger city than where we are now so I could do whatever whenever.  The smaller area we live in now is nice but it would be nice to have a better shopping or restaurant situation once in a while. 
  • Options
    How far along? 24 weeks! Woohoo viability!

How big is baby? A cantalope

Appointments this week? PT today, OB on Wednesday and my glucose test sometime in between

Symptoms? SPD and heartburn.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I have been feeling pretty discouraged about the SPD. This will be my third PT appointment and I feel like all it does is make me sore aftterward. I'm going to stick it out for a few more times and hopefully I can start feeling some improvement.

GTKY: What's something you love about your hometown or where you live now? I live in a small city right next to the mountains so I feel like we have the best of both worlds. City conveniences with beautiful views and close access to a lot of outdoor activities.
  • Options
    How far along? 26 weeks

How big is baby? size of Kale (I was not having any luck searching for a more fun size comparison)

Appointments this week? nope

Symptoms? Nothing seems to have changed 

Rant/Rave/Questions? current dilemma is figuring our what carseat for baby since we've got 2 in carseats right now. not a big enough backseat! 

GTKY: What's something you love about your hometown or where you live now? Hometown, there were lots of cities that just kinda blended together. So lots to do, but I loved my old neighborhoods growing up. Current location, it's a smaller rural town but we're within 20 minutes of two larger cities in our state so we get to enjoy the "small town" life as well as get the activities and entertainment of the larger cities 
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 Yay for viability! 
    @vrj0522 Third pregnancy is no joke! The pain in my cervix/pelvis is already pretty intense and I don't remember this until the end last time. This LO must be hanging out petty low. I was wondering when my lovely linea nigre was going to pop up! I'm a couple weeks behind you but I think I see the very faintest darkening. Isn't it crazy that it's in the exact same spot every pregnancy!?
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    How far along?
    23 weeks! 

How big is baby? 
    A Barbie Doll which 5yr old DD thought was hilarious. 

Appointments this week?
    Next week! 

Symptoms? 
    Feeling more kicks, finally!
    The cervix/pelvic pain is unreal already. Especially
    after yesterday when I was carrying laundry up three flights of stairs... 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I went to the doctor on Friday for a cough that I've had for about 3wks that is not improving. The doctor wasn't happy with one of my lungs but wanted to wait a week before doing a chest X-ray to see if I had any improvement after an inhaler and some meds. The cough is still nagging but I *think* I feel slightly less out of breath.. but it's really hard to tell if I'm having shortness of breath because I'm still sick or because of a normal pregnancy symptom... 

I miss my hometown everyday and totally took for
    granted the wonderful weather, great shopping/restaurants, and stuff to do everywhere!
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 & MoshiMoshi7 - Today is also viability day for me! We made it! :smile:

How far along? 
    24 weeks! 

How big is baby? 
    The size of a cantaloupe!

Appointments this week?
    Next Monday January 30th we have a midwife appointment and then I have a prenatal massage right after! We also started prenatal classes and we are both loving them! 

Symptoms? 
    Back pain is a big one lately, as well as hip pain, and disruptions in sleep, I've also had a bit of heart burn but it hasn't been too bad yet....and so so much movement!  :) I also can't...stop...eating! My goodness! 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Sorry I've been a bit MIA lately...we actually moved our home office down to the basement (to make way for the nursery  :) ), and it took a bit to get the internet sorted out, but I am back now! 

Such an appropriate question for this week as DH and I have been toying with the idea of trying to move back closer to our hometown (we are about 2 hours away right now). Our family all lives in or close to our hometown, so that is something that I really love....and also just the nostalgic feeling I get every time I go back, and just the immense sense of familiarity and comfort that it gives me. As for where we live now, I really love the neighbourhood, it is a really central area, close to the big cities, but still quiet, and there is always a tonne of stuff going on! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married: 10/4/14, Together Since: 5/21/06
    Children: 1 (girl, 3 years)

TTTC #1 since April 2015, Started Treatment Dec 2015
    5 Cycles of IF treatment until BFP! (IUI, Gonal-F, Letrozole)
    BFP: September 5th, 2016
    Born: May 22, 2017

TTTC #2 since September 2020, Currently in Testing phase 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    24 wks and celebrating V-day as well!

Little man is the size of a G.I. Joe.

No appts this week.

I've had more sciatica while sitting at my desk or laying on the couch. So not impressed w/ this kid not letting me be lazy.  I've also had some heartburn while laying on the couch.  Seeing a trend here? 

I love my home town but I'm so glad I moved 1500 miles away.  It's tiny and everyone knows everyone's business.  The closest small city is 3 hours away and there is a complete lack of professional jobs.  My small midwestern childhood was priceless and I'm sad my kid won't experience that.  My current home, Phoenix, is mostly great.  I love the food scene here.  I forget how hot hot can be until June rolls around every year. I don't miss the snow.  And there are a ton of midwesterners here from all parts of my life (childhood, HS, college, & law school) so we have a decent sized network before meeting native Arizonians, which are awesome people too.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    h&pmomma said:
    @vrj0522 Third pregnancy is no joke! The pain in my cervix/pelvis is already pretty intense and I don't remember this until the end last time. This LO must be hanging out petty low. I was wondering when my lovely linea nigre was going to pop up! I'm a couple weeks behind you but I think I see the very faintest darkening. Isn't it crazy that it's in the exact same spot every pregnancy!?
    Yes! With DS I only had it under my belly button, with DD it grew into the top part and this time I can see the complete shadow already. In the same spot! Such a strange phenomenon.

I'm sorry you and @MoshiMoshi7 are suffering with pelvic pain! It hasn't fully shown up for me but man, it's so painful! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Of course native Arizonians are awesome :wink: And super jealous your enjoying all the delicious food. Are you on the West or East side? 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    h&pmomma said:
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Of course native Arizonians are awesome :wink: And super jealous your enjoying all the delicious food. Are you on the West or East side? 

SIB

We're central to east-side-ish. Native Arizonians are so few and far between! I love the ones I know. Which side did you live on?

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited January 2017
    We are a rare breed! I'm a 4th generation native if you can believe that! And I had DD1 in Arizona so technically I made a 5th generation once we move back. And my husband is a native too! 
    I grew up on the East side, but I went to ASU so I'm semi-familiar with the central area. The west side is like a foreign town to me though! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    How far along? 
    22 weeks

How big is baby? 
    The size of a coconut 

Appointments this week?
    next week, 2/2

Symptoms? 
    Pelvic pain, shortness of breath

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    counting down the weeks until maternity leave! 

I love the small town feel of RI. I love having a beach less than half an hour away. This summer, we spent nearly every day at the beach.
  • Options
    How far along? 
    24 weeks!! V-Day!!

How big is baby? 
    Atlantic Puffin

Appointments this week?
    Chiro tomorrow, and 24 week apt Wed!!

Symptoms? 
    My lower back is killing me!!! 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    My students finally called me out today, after I told them I was pregnant....one stated... "I just thought you were eating too much pizza and pasta and all that stuff... Thought maybe you needed to work out more"  :D

I Love my current town for it's accessibility to everything!! Exactly in the middle to both of our jobs, so close to all stores/malls. 20 min from all of our family, great schools! Most importantly I love the Chicago Burbs since I can get down town in less than an hour and get to the county in less of an hour!! Best of both worlds!