May 2017 Moms

The Babywearing Thread!

13»

Re: The Babywearing Thread!

• @starphish18 From what I've seen yes, set it up once and you should only need minor adjustments from use to use.
  • @starphish18 yes for the most part, after every 10 or so uses it is nice to resetup since the tails can bunch together from time to time.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Im a FTM and can see myself baby wearing often. We are looking at the lilebaby carriers, they're so damn beautiful though, it's impossible to choose a colour! I will take one of each please lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• For those of you interested in the Lillebaby @roper2617 and @chickyclg Target has the All Seasons carrier for $139.99 in stone and you get a $20 GC. It's only this one though. I'm not sure why there is a GC promo.

• @starphish18 we were signed up for a class at BRU and it got canceled and then found out when we went to a different class that they probably won't have any for awhile because that person is no longer doing them...so bummed! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @BabyMC517 That sucks! Have you tried doing any google searches for your area? That's how I found out about the meeting I went to today. There are actually a couple babywearing groups in my general area, which I was really happy to see!
  • Try searching facebook too! I know around here the facebook is pretty active of the local babywear group 
  • I'll have to google and check Facebook. I haven't gotten that far yet haha signed up for a few other classes at BRU because they are free, well except the infant/child CPR class. I feel like the area I live in doesn't have a ton of that stuff because it's so touristy, which sucks because there are families that live here! I'll see what I can find :) 

• Thanks @starphish18! I just found a babywearing group that is meeting next weekend in my area. I'm definitely going to check it out!
  • Babywearing International is a great place to start if you want to find a class or a meeting.  I live in an area where it's super busy and there is a huge lending library that you can test drive carriers from once you join (which is like $30/year).  You can even attend pregnant because they usually have weighted dolls to practice with (granted, the belly gets in the way).

@RainyDays86 A super soft ring sling brand is Lenny Lamb's bamboo blend ones.  I like buying from 5mr.com (they used to be super involved in BWI in my area before relocating).  Beco makes a nice but inexpensive RS too.
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • So, I looked on babywearing International and just searched google in general to see if I could find anything and I still have found nothing in the area I live in. :( I searched facebook too and didn't seem to come across anything...

• starphish18starphish18 member
    edited March 2017
    Sorry @BabyMC517. Do you know other moms? Maybe you could ask around to see if anyone owns some products and would let you come give them a try? Or, what about local maternity/baby stores other than BRU? There might be a store where you could go try some items.
  • @starphish18 I haven't found anything yet from previous searching, but I'll keep trying. Its like babies don't exist down here to have stores! haha I have one friend who just had her little one and could check with her. Another friend's daughter will be 2 in April and I'm not sure they used a carrier, but I'll check with her as well! :) 

• I love this thread! Looks like I need to do some more research on some of these other carriers that you've all mentioned. With DS1 I had a cheap Chico carrier and I hated it, I probably only wore him a handful of times.

This time I'm planning on getting a much better carrier and wearing a lot more. Before this thread my plan was 100% to get a Tula, I've heard such good things about them. I was really kicking myself for not taking advantage of the 30% off sale earlier this year. A friend recently gave me her old Ergo so I'll have that as well. 

• Mei tai - anyone have a specific brand they like? I might pick up a cheaper new or used one, just wondering if anyone really likes a certain kind.
  • I used a cheap Infantino brand one off Amazon and I liked it for the newborn phase @starphish18 It is basically a rectangle with straps so there isn't much of a big difference between brands unlike the soft structured carriers. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @starphish18 I have the infantino one and for the price it's an amazing carrier!

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• I used the Infantino Mei Tei and had no issues with it! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • I'm ISO a carrier that clips(not ties), can be worn front and back, and also allows for inward and outward facing while being worn on the front. Any suggestions? So far, all I can find that fits these criteria is the Lilybaby at Target. Any help is appreciated. 
  • chickyclgchickyclg member
    edited March 2017
    @0408Bear you are looking for a soft structured carrier (SSC), big brands are lillebaby, and Ergo 360.

ETA hit send too soon

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• I will take a look at the ergo! Thanks bunches!!!
  • @Bailey8809 I *love* my Tula (DS2 still uses a toddler one on a regular basis), but I wouldn't get it planning on using it right away.  Both the Tula and most Ergos require an annoying (and hot!) infant insert.  Personally, I'll be starting out with a Beco Gemini and then transitioning to the Tula when she's big enough.

@0408Bear The Beco Gemini also allows for forward facing.  We loved it with DS2.

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • Tula just released a new version that doesn't require an infant insert!! I think it's called "Free to Grow"- they aren't for sale yet but im thinking about waiting until they release prints for the new version- they have a new unicorn print one I was planning on getting. 
  • Tula just released a new version that doesn't require an infant insert!! I think it's called "Free to Grow"- they aren't for sale yet but im thinking about waiting until they release prints for the new version- they have a new unicorn print one I was planning on getting. 
    I was coming to say this too!! They are supposed to launch in April.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• I just saw that... and here I wasn't going to buy another carrier...

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • I tried searching but I'm mobile bumping so not sure it worked...anyway, has anyone tried the baby bjorn mesh carrier? Since H doesn't fit the k'tan I was looking st other options and found one and a baby resale store for $20...sounds like a good deal to me, but thought I'd ask you ladies! I don't know if it comes with a newborn insert or if it needs one or not. Any info would be appreciated! :)

• @BabyMC517 Haven't tried Bjorn, but most come with/need an infant insert for newborn use. Also, my personal opinion, is that unless the used carrier is in great condition, most of the time it's better to buy new because it's such a huge investment, meaning your baby can use it for years. We bought a Boba Air that didn't look like it had ever been used at consignment, but otherwise all of ours have been new. I love our KTan, so if it fits you then you might consider different carriers for different people. For example, my DH and I are very similar in size, so likely we won't have to make major adjustments to the carrier between us, but if you and your DH are different sizes it's a huge pain to have to adjust between people each time you're going to use it. I think convenience and ease of use play a huge roll in how successful you'll be at using carriers/babywearing. I'm a FTM, so all my knowledge is based on research, youtube videos, and playing with the ones we've purchased. Take my opinion with a grain of salt. ;)
  • @BabyMC517, like @jayandaplus said, it is easier to have different carriers if you and your H are different sizes. I used Sollybaby wraps until 25 lbs and MH uses the ergo. I'm also not familiar with Baby Bjorn. 
  • Thanks ladies! @wombthereitis we sound very similar! I'm 5'5 usually wear a 12 depending on brand and H is 6'2 and very broad, about 230lbs...definitely need different carriers!