May 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker Change 1/21 & 1/22

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?  

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What is your favorite family tradition?  

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 1/21 & 1/22

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jens_HoesJens_Hoes member
    edited January 2017
    @sarah0985 Oh interesting- I had no idea.  I'll definitely talk to my DR at the next appointment.  Did you have reflux or the gallbladder issues?
  • Options
    @jen_shoes I was having some pretty bad heart burn all pregnancy. ( I have mild heartburn before pregnancy too) it got worse in second trimester so I started prescription meds but those still weren't working all the time.  I started having the pain in my right side ribs (only EVER right) and my mom brought up it sounds more like gallbladder. (She had hers out) I haven't had an opportunity to talk to my doctor really about it. My last 2 appointments have revolved around some signs and scares of preterm labor that any other issues took a back seat. I plan to bring it up at my next appointment. 
    I've been trying to avoid fatty foods. Also sitting in a semi-reclined position seems to help as does a heating pad for the time being. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    OmegaRose3OmegaRose3 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? Coconut

Appointments this week? Seeing my OB this Tuesday

Symptoms? Lower back pain on my right side thanks to baby and scoliosis, peeing all night, mildly swollen feet, and peeing ALL night long.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Sort of a rant and a rave in one...after a long night of DH keeping DD and I awake all night and a rough day, he let us get a good night's sleep (he works a late schedule and had boughts of insomnia).

Q- Anyone have any experiences with an EIP (echogenic focus) on baby's heart?

GTKY- Honestly, other than a few insignificant holiday traditions my family has none...hopefully my little family of almost four will come up with some of our own over time.

ETA to add question
  • Options
    @omegarose3 I don't have experience but I hope all is ok! 

And im officially jealous of all of you saying you had energy at any point. I feel like from week 7 or so this baby has sucked any energy I ever had. Haha. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? A coconut...

Appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms?  OMG the massive fatigue is back, I'm jealous of everyone because they have ambition  to get off a couch! I had more, but I just want to go back to bed instead of remembering them.

Rant/Rave/Questions? H can tell I'm been extremely tired this week and hasn't complained about my lack of doing anything so that's awesome! I also have a job interview this week! I'm trying to pick out clothes that make me look pregnant instead of fat.

GTKY: What is your favorite family tradition?  The Christmas pickle. Everyone even has their own pickle now so there are many to find!
  • Options
    chailife34  I wanted to go to DC so bad! (I'm in Maryland) But with lightheadedness and leg numbness, didn't think it was a good idea. :(
  • Options

How far along are you? 22 weeks 

How big is baby? Coconut 

Appointments this week? Nope! Not until mid February 

Symptoms? Back and rib pain on my left side and occasional heartburn. I'm still mostly having lots of energy though, so thankful for that!

Rant/Rave/Questions? We are taking our first family trip to Disneyland this week and I am so excited to experience all the magic through my son :) 

GTKY: What is your favorite family tradition? Going to Hawaii every May has always been something that's near and dear to my heart. However, it's just the simple things like having Sunday dinners with my parents and whatever aunts, uncles, Cousins, are around that mean the most to me. I feel very lucky to have so much family close by. 

@OmegaRose3 our DS had a EIF detected at our anatomy scan. We went to MFM for another ultrasound and they were surprised it was even mentioned to us. They let us know that with ultrasound equipment that isn't as advanced, sometimes the spot will show up brighter than bone even though it's not really. We opted not to do any additional genetic testing, but TBH I did still worry the rest of our pregnancy. DS was born healthy and all was fine! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all!
  • Options
    @thistlenweeds Congratulations!!
  • Options
    @BabyMC517 lurking...
    those headaches were something I posted multiple questions about. Yes they are a type of migraine. I had mine terrify me many times between weeks 22-25. It was a dull pain and then out of nowhere a stabbing sharp pain that would terrify me to say the least. I talked to my doc and she said it's normal and hormone related and a type of spasm. The last week hasn't been episode free. So hopefully yours will go away as mine have. The OB did say it could also last until the end. But that most resolve by 3rd trimester. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, @mamatowildones ! Not looking forward to having them for the rest of this pregnancy! Haven't had any today but my scalp is still sore. I did hit my head pretty hard last weekend so maybe it is still lingering from that...? I had H check it and he feels a little bump but doesn't see anything. How you feel better!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @sarah0985 I'm not sure if since you mentioned to me about my pain potentially not being acid reflux if it has happened more, or if I'm more aware of it now.  It has become more bothersome to me, basically I had the pain all day yesterday, and since about an hour and a half ago today.  I called my OB and they are having me come in tomorrow morning to check it out.  I'm hoping it is just reflux, but I get super anxious and I think my mind will wander not knowing what is going on.