March 2017 Moms

What would you do?

My husband and I just found out that he has Hodgkin's Lymphoma. We don't know the exact date he will start treatment, but assuming it will be in 4 weeks or so since he has to heal completely from the biopsy the performed. Now, I am due in less than 6 weeks. I know induction before 40 weeks isn't a good idea, but he will be receiving treatment at a hospital 2 hours away. I am terrified that we will be at a chemo treatment and I will go into labor or he will not be doing feeling very well when I go into labor.  I am at a loss as of what to do or what to ask my doctor. Do you think asking to be induced at 38 weeks, before he starts treatment is a bad thing? 

Thanks

Re: What would you do?

• So sorry to hear about your hubby! Prayers for you. Talk to your dr but I'm pretty sure they won't induce without a medical reason. My dr said by law she is not allowed to schedule my repeat c more than exactly 1 week prior to my due date. 
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • I think the earliest they will induce is 39 wks. I am having a c-section and that was the earliest she would schedule it. If one week makes a difference then yes I would ask to be induced but just keep in mind that induction can take longer than if you went into labor on your own. I was induced in both of my pregnancies and both were over 24 hours and one ended in a c-section. So sorry to hear about your hubby. Thoughts and prayers out to you and your family. 
  • Loading the player...
  • so so sorry you are going through this. i think a talk with your doctor will definitely give you the most sound answers. prayers for you and your hubs.
  • So sorry to hear about your husband. I would definitely talk to your doctor about the circumstances, but as the others have said I'm not sure they'll induce before 39 weeks. Thoughts and prayers for you.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @kpknoke you might want to consider someone else being your husband's support at chemo. You're right you could go into labor at any time and you will need to take care of your health and your baby's health.
  • Im so sorry to hear about your situation. None of us can fully understand what it's like to be in your shoes--as everyone else said, obviously having a long conversation with your doctor (and DHs) about bith of your timetables will give you the best medical advice and more details about what to expect--but to honestly answer your question:if it were me I would not ask to be induced. Due dates are not perfect, baby could need more time to cook, and everything might work out just fine without pushing the timetable. 
  • I agree with the advice that @kjd291 offered!

Also, I'm so sorry for the news you've received and that you are going through this. Sending you lots of virtual hugs and prayers... please keep us posted! I'll be thinking of you!
  • I'm so sorry. My best advice is to find support in family and friends so that both of you have the support you need. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry. What hard news to get. I have no advice, but I just want to offer my support. 
  • Thanks for everything ladies! I really appreciate all the advise! It's definitely a hard situation to be in. I spoke with my doctor today and she said the soonest she would induce it 39 weeks and that's only if my cervix is "ready" so hopefully everything works out that it falls between chemo. I really appreciate the honest advise!