Infertility
Options

Trouble understanding labwork - help? CMV and prolactin high

pawcallpawcall member
edited January 2017 in Infertility
my RE had labs done last week and I just got them back. 

Low in vitamin D, which I assume just means I should supplement

high prolactin - 24.0 - it's close to range, is this bad?

CMV - >10.00 - positive - uhhh what is this? Past exposure or is it saying I have CMV now??

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

Re: Trouble understanding labwork - help? CMV and prolactin high

• Options
    Eep, I am not going to be of much help, but if your vitamin D is too low they give you a shot. Easy to fix. 

There are two assays they run for CMV: IgM and IgG, if the IgM is positive and the IgG is negative that can mean recent exposure (possibly active infection). If the IgG is positive and the IgM negative, that can mean past exposure, latent (not active) infection. I have no idea what the >10.00 means....I'm an ER nurse, but am by no means an expert in this arena, so your doctor will have a much better explanation. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    All I can suggest is ask your doctor???? 
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there. At my last bloodwork I was a bit high in prolactin, so they had me retake the blood draw. Same result. My doc said it was so close to the range (literally .1-.2 above the high end of the range) that they weren't concerned about it at this point, so they're not doing anything for it. If it goes up, they might do more tests to see why you're producing more than normal and put you on meds, but I don't think they said that there were really any adverse effects to being a little on the high side?