November 2016 Moms
Options

Rainbow Baby check-in - January/February

I'm sorry I've been MIA. I kept thinking about logging in and doing this, but mommy brain always distracted me before I got to it!

Now I'm back at work and am taking time during a pump break. :-)

So how's everything going for you ladies?

Re: Rainbow Baby check-in - January/February

• Options
    Maternity Leave went by too fast, of course. I was hoping to have E on some kind of general schedule before I went back to work to get some things done around the house, but we didn't really settle into anything. I'm hoping being at daycare will help her though so far she's completely thrown off. She doesn't seem to mind being there, but is having trouble napping with the bright lights and other babies making noise. She's there for about 8 hours a day and has been getting 15-30 minutes sleep the whole time. Hopefully it won't take long for that to even out since she has either been conked out or super fussy in the evenings because of it.

Breastfeeding has been hard. I've had to supplement from the start, I just don't make enough. Every feeding she eats off me then gets a bottle and then I try to pump. It's time-consuming, but I'm just not ready to give up breastfeeding - I want to at least get her to six months, but we'll see. Pumping at work has been going fairly well and my supply seems to be increasing a bit (though who knows since I have no idea how much she normally gets from me).
  • Options
    Can I join? My November babe was conceived 2 months after miscarrying. I also have a toddler.

Some days I just have to smile and think things for whatever reason happened for a reason. Still wouldn't wish the pain of miscarrying in anyone, but ecstatic with how it all worked out.

I'm home with my 2 little ones. Big adjustment going from 1 to 2, but we're finding our groove. 

Anyone else have 2+?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jmama1611 - of course you can join! Any mama who has experienced the heartache of a pregnancy loss is more than welcome here.

This is my first, but we've always wanted more than one. I'm so exhausted with one though that I can't wrap my head around doing this with a toddler around! How old is your newborn now?
  • Options
    tigerfish227tigerfish227 member
    edited January 2017
    So somehow TB doubled my post but the second one was actually revised so I'm just gonna edit this to not be repeating myself. Dafaq TB? Get it together!
  • Options
    I'm still here, too!
    Just as a refresher, Vincent(12w1d today) was pregnancy #5. The first 4 were 1st tri losses, all different. The RE ran all the tests and they can't explain my losses so we just had to keep trying or go thru IVF with PGS(not an option for personal reasons). We conceived V by accident while waiting for my cycle to return after loss #4. My miscarriage started on Jan 27th last year so next week is gonna be tough. I had tracked my BBT long enough to confirm ovulation but didn't track anything else so I thought we had avoided my FW but obviously I was wrong since I now have this beautiful baby boy. I had told DH that after we confirmed ovulation, since we were supposed to be avoiding, I was putting away my BBT and I was done tracking anything. I couldn't stand the thought of going thru the process again only to have everything fall apart so if we ended up with another pregnancy that was fine but I was done trying to plan it. 

I went back to work yesterday and since I work retail my schedule is all weird. I'm off today and work again tomorrow and Sunday. Maternity leave was not long enough (even tho I know I'm lucky in the US to get 12 weeks at full pay). V has had a stuffy nose for several days and it's been rough on us both. He's been super clingy and not sleeping the best so I'm nice and exhausted. I don't even care tho cause he's perfect and I love him more than anything.
  • Options
    I'm still here!  I had baby #3,  my 4th pregnancy, on Nov 29th.  She's doing really well.   I run an in home daycare,  so started back to work about a week after she was born,  which has been exhausting.   My H was home a few days per week for 6 weeks (he spread out his leave), and went back full time this week.   Next week he's going away for work for 6 days,  which I am not looking forward to at all.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    My baby was conceived about 2 months after my loss. My SIL had a baby on th EDD of the 1st pregnancy so I was glad to have my baby 6 months along when that day came or it would have been tougher. This will be our only baby although for some reason I'm having trouble wanting to list my maternity clothes on my local fb sale page 
  • Options
    @kvruns
    I have certain days that are triggers too. Edd being one, day I miscarried another. 
    Glad that you were far along in your pregnancy when that day came around for you to hopefully dull the pain a little.
  • Options
    Hi guys. I had my 2 no baby (3rd pregnancy) on 11/19. Our loss was in feb of 2015. This guy came about through ivf. We found out after our loss that I have dor or diminished ovarian reserve. I'm still home with him which is great. I get 6 weeks paid and then can take up to 3 additional months unpaid and keep my job and insurance. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I had our DS on nov 20. He is baby #2 for us but was my 6th pregnancy. Thankfully all my losses were 9 weeks or sooner but it was tough nonetheless. We are two and done since I'm turning 39 this year and don't envy the idea of being pregnant again at 40 ha ha. I'm already too tired ;)

Baby James is doing great however, already 14 lbs at 2 months! His big sister loves him very much too. This is one lucky little guy:)
  • Options
    Checking in.

I've been back at work and E has been in daycare four weeks now. I have to say, I'm enjoying being back at work a lot more than I thought I would. I miss her, but I love having a routine and adult interaction. She has been fighting a cold, which is an unfortunate side effect to daycare, but has completely adjusted otherwise. She gives them 2-3 naps a day, usually not more than 30 minutes, but any nap is good. She hasn't been cranky in the evenings, though sometimes she does conk out in her car seat on the way home and stays asleep 2 or more hours. I'm just looking forward to her kicking this cold so we can get more sleep out of her at night. We were starting to regularly get 6 hours of sleep from her, but being sick has set her back to 3-4 hours.

I can't believe she is going to be 4 months in less than two weeks! Sometimes, I still have to remind myself that I have a baby - it's just so different from my life up until now.
  • Options
    @lajoliedreamer I'm looking forward to returning to work for the reasons you mentioned too