August 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 1/20

Entertain us ladies let's see some confessions of the (mostly) flame free variety.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC 1/20

• Options
    I don't always remember to brush my teeth even once a day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DH is amazing, I just want to start with that.  We have a super cute dog and normally, we walk him every morning, but ever since my BFP ive been super sleepy and have not been getting up with the alarm to walk him, which means DH has to do it by himself.  To be honest, the first couple weeks, I really didnt hear the alarm, but lately, I ive just been choosing to not move when the alarm goes off.  Sorry, not sorry!  Im hoping that the second tri will help me get my butt out of bed.  It doesnt help that the weather is crappy, and cold, but maybe when it starts to get warmer, ill be more inclined to get my butt out of bed. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    I'm having a little too much fun shopping for inexpensive, summery-yet-work-appropriate maternity wear. Thank you H&M and Zulily... (Hey, I'm 12 weeks now, the expansion is about to kick in!)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. I'm hoping to eventually look pregnant and have a bump, and not just look fatter. Overweight (obese really) and hoping to gain the least amount of weight I can to be healthy, and as soon as I can stomach actual food I am sticking to meat, veg, fruit, dairy and cutting out crap.

2. I know I can't, I KNOW it is gas and I still feel like I feel the baby move. Go ahead, flame away, I understand that at 8.5 weeks I am not feeling it, but still...
  • Options
    @lyndshurt yessss. I'm a FTM planning a home birth and the few people we've shared with are like "you don't have to be a hero"....um that's not why I'm doing it?? I never understand why people can't just be okay with other people's decisions when they're different from their own.
  • Options
    @mrsmatt1212 FWIW I had an amazing birth experience and am looking forward to this time around. Birth options are a great thing! You do you girl.
  • Options
    @AKFarmerBecky I understand. At 12 weeks I swear I felt baby move. It was a vibrating sensation above my pubic hair line. It's hard to tell the difference! 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    @AKFarmerBecky I also feel phantom movements. Epically when I'm laying in bed using my doppler I *swear* I feel baby moving. In reality I'm sure I'm just pushing around my gas lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dmbfan46835dmbfan46835 member
    edited January 2017
    I'd love to see a thread after all the unmedicated births about the experience. My last bump board had several mamas that went au naturale but I never got to hear how it went and if it was amazing or just plain awful. 

Im a hospital and epidural mama myself. I'm not about to do the pain if I don't absolutely have to. You ladies that do the whole experience are amazing. Not for me tho. We watched step brothers and bridesmaids during my birth. We joked and laughed the whole time. I wouldnt change a thing. 
  • Options
    @dmbfan46835
    i had an unmedicated labour the first time. I'll just say.. I'll be getting an epi this time.
  • Options
    @dmbfan46835 that's what I love though, that we all get to choose the right birth for each of us! The *perfect* birth for all of us I'm sure looks different, and hopefully we all get close to what we want :) I'm excited to hear how everyone's birth went!
  • Options
    @dmbfan46835 I would be I intested in the thread as well! I really just like birth stories in general. I was shooting for an unmedicated birth but wanted to keep my options open. I ended up getting some IV drugs and asked for an epidural within the last 5 minutes(obviously didn't have time to actually get the epi) but I don't think I'd do well knowing I would have to be transfered to a hospital just to have the option. Serious props to the home birthing momma's tho! @lyndshurt @mrsmatt1212 maybe I will gets up the guts for my third. Knowing our bodies are made for this helped a lot with the pain for me but I'm still too chicken to fully commit 
  • Options
    Every night we snuggle my son in his bed before he goes to sleep. Tonight I was feeling moody and uncomfortable so I told him I had to go potty and I would come back after to snuggle him, knowing full well that he would fall asleep before I got back. I went to the bathroom and played on Facebook for like 10 minutes and sure enough, he was snoring when I got out. Oops. 
  • Options
    @livlew you try the new smores cookies?!!  A girl on my team at work is selling them. It's a struggle daily! 
  • Options
    Omg Girl Scout cookies. I am a sucker for them too! *nerd alert* I was a long time Girl Scout (highest level, until my senior year of high school) so I can't NOT support Girl Scouts. I am also a sucker for s'mores so of course we got a box of those! They are delicious. I've had an aversion to sugary treats but these cookies have been an exception. Luckily I can only handle a couple at a time but normally I go nuts and eat an entire sleeve. @LivLew @dmbfan46835
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    edited January 2017
    @dmbfan46835 @lyndshurt I just placed my orders and can't wait to receive them! I did order s'mores from both bakers (the one covered in chocolate and the graham sandwich). I've been doing a Whole30 since Jan 1st and am starting reintroduction today so I can't touch any cookies until almost mid-February : (
    edit: yep, my Whole30 will only be a a Whole20.
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    They only do girl scout cookies here as points of sale (like table sales at stores and stuff) so no individual sales and they don't start selling until February  :'(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    edited January 2017
    Anyone who is looking for the entertainment our FFFC is lacking, go check out *july* UO 

Edit September to July
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Nxy so sorry for your GS cookie situation! 

And we are quite boring, it's kind of endearing though :smiley:

I just went to look and couldn't find their UO thread. Did it get shut down?
  • Options
    Ahhh Girl Scout cookies.. I love the samoas. People at work always sell them for their kids and it's a perfect excuse to buy multiple boxes from each colleague. 

@Nxy I totally went to stalk that thread, but I think it got taken down. Or I just couldn't find it. Holy one-off posts on that board!! At a glance I saw three posts on the same page with "showing already?" in the title. Come on people. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lyndshurt @secicc12 I think @Nxy may have meant July - it's like 5 pages long and starts off with a SAHM/working mom debate
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    I did mean July my app said September but it linked back to July.. stupid app @lyse01 I'll edit! Thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Got a chance to read the next 5 pages and holy cow, that's a good one!
  • Options
    FFFC: I don't like Girl Scout cookies, or cake, or peanut butter, or really many sweets with the exception of chocolate chip cookies and ice cream lol. Pregnancy has enhanced my aversion to sweets. Some say I'm lucky, but I more than make up for it with my salty-sins  :o
  • Options
    @middy412 I used to be like you. I grew up eating something savory for dessert. I would order an appetizer when everyone else was ordering dessert. Unfortunately, age came with a sweet tooth. By the time I turned 30 I started loving cookies, pies, ice cream, etc.
  • Options
    I know its not Friday but... i just stuck one yo dd in her toybox with some toys in the kitchen whilst i eat breakfast - shes delighted and i know ive got a good 20 mins till she climbs outta there
  • Options
    Sometimes I come up with well thought out responses to things or want to respond to things and even start to type it out, but get frustrated trying to tag someone (I'm on mobile) so I just end up erasing it and just continue to lurk.
  • Options
    I would love to taste these Girl Scout Cookies that you folks over the ocean eat. It sounds so lekker (a slang word for very delicious in Afrikaans).

• Options
    Sometimes I come up with well thought out responses to things or want to respond to things and even start to type it out, but get frustrated trying to tag someone (I'm on mobile) so I just end up erasing it and just continue to lurk.
    same. I prefer to respond by quoting because it's easier.

:smile:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    You go homebirthing moms. I had two fantabulous intervention and medication free births. Wonderful experiences and I would absolutely do it all over again. So far I have had miserable pregnancies and fantastic birth experiences and I'm ok with the tradeoff. I won't type it all out but yeah, two amazing experiences and quick recoveries (I honestly felt 100% fine the next morning after my second...I wouldn't have believed myself either, but I felt completely normal. Even the first poop was nbd). It doesn't always suck. 
    Both were in the hospital since childbirth is messy AF and ain't nobody got time to clean up from that. Granted with my second I was at the hospital for 20 minutes before he was born, but still. Great experience. I hope you guys get a great experience too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    same. I prefer to respond by quoting because it's easier.

:smile:
    Ah ha! Much easier, thank you.