TTC  09/15
*TW Loss mentioned*
BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
TTCAL 3/2016
Acupuncture 11/16
Dx December 2016: unexplained 
January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
Ambrose born on his due date!

Re: TGIF Check In JANUARY 20/2017

• Not much going on here this weekend! We entertained Wednesday, so no company other than my bff picking up some of our leftovers tonight. I made a lot of new recipes this week, but they were all too much for us to finish, so he'll bring it home. I have a weird aversion to leftovers - I'll eat them but I'm not happy about it.

DH is home a little sick, so we'll take it really easy. Unfortunately it's CD 13 and I'm due for a positive OPK any day now, so yuck. Not wasting this Clomid cycle!!

We'll probably make some sourdough, go thrifting and play a lot of Mario Kart.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Happy its the weekend and a non eventful one...entering fertile week CD 12 so that will be what our weekend will be about ...
  • Loading the player...
  • DH's birthday tomorrow so we are having a couples massage and then dinner. I'm so looking forward to massage.  His family is coming over for lunch on Sunday but we are ordering out so no work for me yay!  I'm on CD 10 today and flashing smiley started in afternoon yesterday and again this morning so we will be DTD.   Keeping FX crossed for all of this month! Happy Friday!  
  • DH and I are having our first date night since the MC. We will probably do dinner and a movie. It won't be a late one since I'm still exhausted and he has to be up at 5 am for work. I am feeling good / terrible because I can fit in my skinny jeans again! 

@mack2342 @nalex420 @reneeannmm Yay for FW. FX for you!! DH has decided for us to stay benched until AF after two days of DTD, so once I'm again realizing he really doesn't understand much of this TTC process. I'm trying to keep my cool and go with whatever his mood is each day of this cycle. (Hence why I'm not really in the WTO thread.)

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @reneeannemm I'm not a fan of leftovers either.  I'll begrudgingly eat them, but thankfully H likes them so he usually finishes things off. 

@mack2342 @nalex420 Yay FW! Have fun! 

@NYTino24 Enjoy your date night.  What movie do you plan to see?  I'm hearing good things about Hidden Figures so we might go see that this weekend.  Sorry DH doesn't understand the process - mine sure doesn't either.

AFM, we have no plans this weekend.  I've been traveling and have to do so again next week and H has had basketball games every night this week, so we're going to just hang out with each other...maybe go see a movie.  I'm looking incredibly forward to it!  Now to just keep the SS at bay for a few more days...
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• @laeberge3 I'm thinking Sing or LaLaLand... need something light. DH may veto!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @reneeannemm @nalex420 @Mack2342 yay for BD all weekend, have fun!!
    @NYTino24 sorry your husband is flip flopping, it really is so different for men. Have a fun date night!
    @laeberge3 enjoy your low key weekend.

I don't have anything planned really. DH is working 4-12 saturday, sunday I'm thinking I'll make a nice dinner. If the weather is nice I'd like to get outside and do something outdoors. 

TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @reneeannem - hope DH feels better so you can HIO! 

@mack2342 - hope you have fun celebrating DH's bday. A couples massage sounds nice.

@NYTino24 - have fun on your date night!

AFM, Low key weekend for me. DH just had gall bladder surgery this morning and I'm still at the hospital waiting for him to get discharged. He will be home today so we are going to spend the weekend at home watching movies and hanging out with the pup. My 2017 weekends have been pretty sucky so far so I'm hoping some better times are on the horizon.
  • @reneeannemm Obviously I'm going to ask what you made for Wednesday.  I "eat" vicariously through you. 

@Mack2342 Enjoy the massage!  Ask them to add a little fertility mojo to it!

@NYTino24  Yeah for date night....me and dh are going to do one of those escape rooms for our next date night.

@laeberge3  @brooklyngirl18 No plans are my favorite plans.

@TScalei Hope you are able to find some relaxation this weekend while taking care of dh.  Maybe you guys can plan something fun for the future and have that to look forward to.

AFM
    I've been working out like crazy and will take this weekend off and veg out.  I love hiking, so maybe I will take the dogs for a walk.  I am 2 dpo and I know the next week I will be losing my mine charting temps and looking at other people's charts so I am going to stay off of the internet this weekend and save the bsc thoughts for next week.  Have a lovely weekend all.

• @reneeannemm maybe a UO, but I love leftovers!! Especially stew, it tastes even better the next day :)

@nalex420 @brooklyngirl18 enjoy your uneventful weekend, those are the best!

@Mack2342 your couples massage sounds amazing! Enjoy!

@NYTino24 have fun at date night! I heard Sing is really good.

@laeberge3 enjoy your much needed DH time. MH and I used to work opposite schedules and we made the most of it every time we were together.

@TScalei hope your DH gets to go home soon and recovers quickly.

@justsuzie good job working out! Enjoy relaxing this weekend, you deserve it!

AFM my mom is having a biopsy on a spot found on her mammogram and I'm sitting here freaking out! She's doing a good job staying positive, but this just sucks. 

Tonight I have to go to my future SIL's house to try on our bridesmaid dresses. She had us order floor length infinity dresses so we have to figure out how everyone is going to wrap them. So far, I'm not finding any that I like.

I have no plans for the rest of my weekend, thank goodness!
  • @pumpkin0913 - I hope your mom is okay. That stuff is so scary. Sending you hugs. 

@justsuzie - good for you working out so much - great way to start the year! After DHs recent bout in the hospital /surgery etc I can see how important being healthy is.
  • Not much this weekend.  We will probably go out to eat tonight.  DD will spend time with my parents on Saturday.  I need to remind DH to show me how to get my website software up.  I need to re do it and want to complete that before Feb because that's why I start our tax crap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @pumpkin0913 Definitely not unpopular! I don't know anyone (except @laeberge3 *fistbumps*) who doesn't love them. The only leftovers I relish are baked pastas and stuffing. All the positive thoughts for you and your mom today.

@justsuzie We had tacos! I did 'carnitas' made of hibiscus flowers, Ayocote Negro beans and cinnamon roasted diced yams. Torrontés to drink. We popped open salsa I made this summer from the garden - both tomato and tomatillo. To top, lots of crunchy vegetables, pineapple, fermented cabbage and cumin, and jalapenos I also pickled this summer. Snickerdoodle cupcakes for dessert. Tacos are literally my favourite thing to eat in the world - they are so so so customizable depending on season. 
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• Hey! DH is making up work time all weekend and I'm just home missing runs while nursing my back (posted in TWW, won't bore you here). I'm gonna get us our tickets to New Mexico this weekend for a weekend March getaway so looking forward to that. @reneeannemm do you happen to have the recipe link for the snickerdoodle cupcakes? They sound ahhhhhmaaaaazing. I suppose I could just google that.... ;)

Have a wonderful weekend y'all. And good luck to all those BD-ing!
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @TScalei. Hope DH is feeling better and weekends get better. 

@justsuzie. I will do that maybe that's the key! Lol. Hopefully you can keep BSC at bay 
  • edited January 2017
    @amberruka Yeah! It's actually one I spent a while developing - it's my fave for sure. Here it is.

Take care @RiverSong15 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @pumpkin0913 Sorry that your mom has to go through that.  I hope you are able to be a good support for her. Shitty timing.

@vlagrl29 I am always the wait until the last minute tax person.  Way to go and get all that stuff done early. 

@reneeannemm Sounds delicious.  I have never used any "exotic" ingredients before.  I made empanadas from scratch a few weeks ago.  I love hearing about your cooking, makes my mouth water. 

@RiverSong15 I've been wondering where you have been.  

@amberruka Vacations are the best.  Something to look forward to on those bad days.  My father loves New Mexico.  Doing anything special down there or just relaxing?
  • @reneeannemm thanks!!!

@justsuzie I was in Las Cruces NM working 2 weeks ago, going back to Roswell NM to work on 2/11, but with DH we do absolutely nothing but drive around (he's so jealous I keep going there for work...."but honey, I'm not exactly getting to see the sun on my work days!"). He hates to have plans anyway--we did the same thing when we went to Ireland. Just drive around aimlessly. I think we are going to find a little AirBnB cottage near Taos and just chill.....ahhh....we stopped there for a few days after our wedding in New Orleans and he's obsessed. 
  • Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Mom made it through the biopsy just fine and she should get results in 3-5 days....now we hurry up and wait.
  • @amberruka  That's how I roll too, plan-free! 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2017
    So DH chose for us to see Sing because I said I wanted to watch a singing movie aka LaLaLand... I didn't realize it was an animated movie! I thought he would research after I said Ryan Gosling. Guess we are both in a fog still. Right before we went I got my first negative HPT since the MC (hadn't tested in a couple of days). I was happy and so sad at the same time. I know it has to happen for me to ovulate again, but you all know how it feels. Anyway, we went to an eat-in theater and it was full of parents with their kids in pjs. I was sad for a few minutes and then the Oreo milkshake and tacos cheered me up. After, in the bathroom, I thought about how we'd do that kind of thing with our kids in the future and felt better, but then I walked out straight into a pregnant lady. #emotionrollercoaster

• @NYTino24  It's definitely an emotional roll coaster.  Everything about this is so tough.  It gets a little easier with time but the emotions still pop out.  Yay for oreo milkshake and tacos though.  Sing looks cute.  Did you like it?

@reneeannemm  The snickerdoodle cupcakes look delicious per always.  DH and I love leftovers.  I cook maybe two or three times a week and that's what we live off of for the week.  

@pumpkin0913  Positive thoughts for your mom's biopsy.  

@Mack2342  Oooohhh couples massage.  Enjoy every minute of it.  

@TScalei  Hope DH feels better soon.  I had mine out a couple of years ago and it wasn't too bad.  Hoping that 2017 starts to look better after his recovery.  

@justsuzie  Nice job with the gym.  I've been trying to go a little more too.  DH was working crazy hours last week and I had a rough TTAL week.  I went to a couple of classes just so I would not dwell at home alone.  It definitely helped.  

DH actually had yesterday and today off.  We went to the mall quick yesterday, like 1/2 hour quick.  I used to spend hours at the mall and loved every minute of it. I'm finding that the last couple of years I've lost patience for the mall.  Perhaps it's just getting older and more frugal and enjoying scouring stores like Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, TJ Maxx etc. instead.  

A little Zumba to start off the morning.  Going to my mother's house for dinner.  Family time with my mother is always stressful.  Can't even begin to describe the dysfunction and the lack of social skills they have.  Unfortunately we have to miss going to dinner with my in laws.  They invited over for chili : (  

Tomorrow DH warned me that he may be forced to work until 12 am.  All because of the Pats game and others probably calling out!!  Going to lunch with a girlfriend and a little shopping and maybe some froyo.

Low key weekend per usual.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

edited January 2017
    @SP128 It was decent, but nothing I'd buy. I got Finding Dory for Christmas after seeing it with my nieces this summer. Loved that one, but can't bring myself to watch it after the loss yet since I cried about what a good Dad DH will be when I saw it the first time. I do like the voices of Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon in Sing though. PS love Zumba and I am addicted to our combo TJ Maxx / HomeGoods.  <3

• @NYTino24 Yes to the range of emotions in a single day.  Sometimes I wish I was a hermit that lived in a cave.  Congrats on negative HPT.  Step in the right direction in the journey.  

@sp128 I take this kickboxing class and I love it.  I get all my anger out and leave in a good frame of mind.  I hate the mall, and it actually gives me anxiety.  I am super frugal and have actually started buying all my clothes second-hand.  You'd never know it though because people toss some pretty nice stuff!
  • @justsuzie - I've been buying my yoga clothes 2nd hand for awhile now.  They have the cutest things 2nd hand and even lulu lemon.  I will travel to the Clothes Mentor about 35 minutes away in a much more well to do city and hit the jackpot.  I plan on going there again in about 3 weeks - my hair stylist works over there so it makes it worth my while to wait until then.
  • Sorry I can't comment to each one of you at the moment, but I am definitely reading and sending thoughts your way!!

we went to Tahoe for the weekend (had been planned for months) but it's a stormy weekend so we are somewhat snowed in and now are getting ready to dig ourselves out :smiley: will head home early to avoid getting stuck tomorrow!!!

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• It's the weekend and I am in the TWW of cycle 2 after our loss. I want to test so bad, but DH said to wait so I don't ruin the weekend with a negative test/attitude. I am only 10DPO, so it's a fair point.

Other than that, not a lot going on. Just lounging around, which is good given what an awful day yesterday was for me. I work at an organization that serves at-risk youth. **TW** We had a child we serve (only 14 years old) commit suicide, and it was very tough working with the family and the friends who are also served by our organization.**TW**

Uhlease13 Boo for almost being snowed in!

vlagrl29 We just got a clothes mentor and I haven't checked it out yet. I usually shop at Goodwill and other thrift stores, but should check out Clothes Mentor.

NYTino24 Hugs. It's definitely an emotional roller coaster. We saw Sing as well back in December and fortunately there weren't a lot of kids there (it was also Christmas day). But we had planned to tell my parents on Christmas with a book that I had purchased online. The book I ordered showed up about 4 days after my MC. I was a wreck. It takes time to heal and it's a process. On a side note, I have never heard of an eat in theater, sounds pretty neat!

• Oh @dragonfly87 I'm so sorry.
  • @NYTino24 - I'm sorry for the roller coaster of emotions I can relate all too well to that. An eat in theater sounds cool. I want to see Sing and La La Land.

@SP128 - DH is already doing better today. He was pretty sore yesterday.   I'm the same way about the mall I'm more into finding something more unique at TJs. Fx dinner with your mother goes okay - that must be tough.

@vlagrl29- I try to get secondhand lululemon too - either online or at clothes mentor. I just love lululemon but it is so pricey that it is hard to justify.

@dragonfly87 - oh my goodness I'm so sorry!
  • @dragonfly87 That's terrible. I'm sorry!

• @dragonfly87 - we had told all 3 sets of grandparents that we were expecting when we had our xmas celebrations with them.  Everything was how I envisioned it to be this time.  We surprised DD with a big sis shirt and she was so happy she bawled!  Then she wore that shirt over to all the grand parents houses.  It was all how I wanted it to be this time.  I even surprised DH with santa newborn booties.  Then I had the CP the following week.  Next time I'm obviously going to be more cautious and we will probably just vocally tell our family and not make it a special surprise.
    edited January 2017
    @vlagrl29 I'm going to play devil's advocate. It's okay to want to celebrate every minute, because we all know it may not last. Weren't they great moments? Looking back, the whole set of memories may make you sad, but at least you were happy then! And if you don't want to, that's okay too.   :)

• @NYTino24 - yep they made everyone happy - it was fun.  DH had videotaped DD opening that early xmas present and he did a little edit of it and I had planned on putting that on FB once I got in the 2nd trimester.  
  • @vlagrl29 I got this book for when we were going to announce.  Valentine's Day is going to be rough because that's when I would have started second trimester. Sending lots of love your way!

• @NYTino24. I like your positive thoughts on this.  We had my DS wear a shirt and announce to family and friends and it was fun and happy times.  I hope that I can have excitement if I'm lucky to get that BFP again as I want it to be happy and not all worrisome while I know there will be worry.  I want more happiness than worries 
  • Agree too @NYTino24. We told our immediate family after (I couldn't lie in discussing why I now had Graves' Disease) and they were tremendously supportive. I was thinking if we got lucky again, I may tell them right away so that we can enjoy the time we have, however long or short that may be. 
  • jen83mnjen83mn member
    edited January 2017
    @vlagrl29

*TW: LC Mentioned*

I can relate ... tonight we celebrated my and my DH's birthday with my family. It was also the night we were planning on telling them we were pregnant (I would have been 7 weeks along) ... I already had everything planned out, had bought a shirt for DS to wear that said "Super Cool Big Brother" and was going to have him wear it and see who noticed first. It was hard not to think about that today as we were celebrating our birthdays and how different I thought tonight would be. Instead, I told my family about my CP when I would have been 5 weeks ... definitely not how I envisioned things going.

I'm actually glad I didn't announce it to them sooner, because seeing how excited they were only to have to take it away a week later would have crushed me :( Next time around, I for sure won't be telling my family until after our first ultrasound at 8 weeks, because I want to make it a fun, exciting moment, but know that I won't be able to be excited about it until I have a little more reassurance that the same thing isn't happening again. I know I'll still tell my close friends just so they can be there for me when I'm freaking out all first trimester, but I want to save the happy announcement for when I feel like I can truly be happy and know things are looking better than they did this time around.

It's so tough :( Either way, it's just disappointing and sad and I'm so sorry any of us are in this situation! But trying to keep my head up and praying for rainbow babies for all of us!
  • @jen83mn - I get pregnancy symptoms really early and it's pretty obvious something is off with me from their viewpoint.  Like on Xmas eve at my parents I really didn't want ham as it never tastes good to me when I'm pregnant so I brought fish.  I was completely exhausted from little sleep and the same at DH's parents house.  It's just better if I tell them otherwise I think they would realize it anyways without me telling them.
  • @vlagrl29

*TW: LC Mentioned*

Oh yeah, that makes sense and makes it harder to keep things quiet. With my son, we didn't tell our families until after our 8-week ultrasound, but I also had pretty mild pregnancy symptoms (no morning sickness, just some mild nausea and extreme fatigue). My mom told me later she just had a feeling I was pregnant (same with this time), but my symptoms are usually pretty easy to cover up. That makes it a lot easier to keep things quiet.