July 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

13»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    @BKinney0506 No judgment here - I never even installed facebook messenger, deleted facebook from my phone, and only follow a select few of my "friends" on facebook, because I found I was just getting upset, envious, or otherwise feeling bad about a lot of people's posts. Life is too short to waste time on something that doesn't make you happy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had Facebook in almost 10 years...I was one of the few who had it before it was public. You had to be at university to log in. It became public and I stayed with it for a bit but it just got too much to handle. I haven't missed it for one second!!!!! I will never have it again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 I had it back then too! It was so glorious. No weird family members, no awful friends from high school, and most importantly, no in-laws! 
  • Options
    ljd2010 said:
    @LoveLee85 I had it back then too! It was so glorious. No weird family members, no awful friends from high school, and most importantly, no in-laws! 
    I can't even imagine having my parents, grandparents and in laws on there......noooo wayyyyy. I also have a few real life friends that have told me recently, that they have canned Facebook because this election and racism/sexism is too much to handle! I just can't imagine all the crap on there right now. Yikes. I'm also a big numbers person, so take this statistic with a grain of salt, but I read several times that Facebook is mentioned in 8 of 10 divorce filings!?!? I haven't gathered my own data, or tried to get where those numbers came from, but would love to. 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 all my friends had Facebook back then too but I didn't join because I didn't understand it. I finally signed up when i started law school. But quit after the election because my newsfeed was just insufferable. I don't have any Trump supporter friends on my FB. But the animus on my wall nonetheless made me just sad and stressed out. 

I still log in once every couple of weeks to check on birthdays. And my coworker added me recently to a FB group for used baby stuff but I haven't checked it out yet. I will be sad when this BMB transitions to FB. 
  • Options
    @Twinkiedoll Yes, I was very sad when my S15 bmb slowly moved to Facebook after our babies were born. Only a few, maybe 10-15, still look at the bmb and are on July17(yay)! So I do have contact with a few through the bump. 
  • Options
    Add me to the list of those who had FB back in my university days and abandoned it later. 
    Really hoping a good amount of us will stick around the bump because I have no intention of ever going back to FB! 

Also I'm a shameless "lol"er and "!!!" Hearts and hugs sort of person. I know---ick. I can't control it you guys! 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    @ljd2010 I just laughed out loud (literally) at the post you made. Something about how you phrased and ordered those categories of people was just right. Thanks for the laugh! 

@mj8215 I have those settings in place but am realizing that there is no stopping their never ending comments and wall posts without unfriending them.

I either have to address the issue, unfriend them and pray for no riffs, or rid of Facebook. I don't want to rid of it completely because a lot of my best friend are army and military families that live very far and it's how we keep up with each other's families and things.

I'm also just terrible with confrontation...I don't handle that well lol
  • Options
    I love Facebook! I get lots of (real) news there, learn about local events, get advice from local expat / parent groups, stay in touch with more friends and family than I otherwise would have... I'm a networker by personality and profession, so FB suits me well. I have spent a lot of time curating my newsfeed and tweaking privacy settings, so it's the experience that I want. 

Right out of college, I spent a year+ in a program in East Asia. A large part of our orientation was to get mentally prepared, which included Buddhist training. They really drilled into us, "Do not compare. You will never be happy if you compare." It was a lesson I really took to heart.

Maybe I make assumptions from FB about people's lives being better than they might feel it is, but that has no impact on me. I have strong enough friendships that keep it real in real life. I love seeing everyone's highlight reels on FB!

It's the type of thing that's not everyone's jam, and that's cool. I love seeing you wise ladies posting here who realized it doesn't bring you actual positivity, so you've removed it. That's the type of mindful living that I really admire. 
  • Options
    krys-2krys-2 member
    edited January 2017
    I may have missed it, but to all the Mini Egg fans....did you know there is actually a CHRISTMAS one?! A few years ago I was at my sister's house and thought her bowl filler was cute. Turned out to be the Cadbury Christmas candies! Sorry or you're welcome LOL
    Me: 34 | DH: 35  
    Met: 2003
    Married: 2005
    TTC #1: May 2016
  • Options
    I don't know about y'all but I'm about to have a second cup of coffee. Curse you insomnia! And curse my crazy boss for contributing to my insomnia! 
  • Options
    @Krys Say what?!?! I have never seen those!!
  • Options
    Catching up:
    - Cadbury eggs  :s
    - Peanut Butter m&ms are my jam, but have you tried the pretzel ones? 
    - Facebook is give or take for me. I sell LuLaRoe and use it as one of my selling platforms. @virginiaunicorn11 taught me to "hide" posts that I don't like, mainly anything political. Most of my feed is babies/toddlers, dogs, and LuLaRoe. It's amazing. 

FF(Sunday)C is dd set her eyes on the last two bites of her DQ vanilla ice cream dish from yesterday and I let her finish it for breakfast. If it makes her happy I don't care right now. I cannot take any more whining that's been going on with these eyeteeth. 
  • Options
    @alcrimmins I need to do that. I'm getting too riled up for a Sunday morning. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @alcrimmins last night got a shake and when I was carrying ds inside accidentally hit his head. Yeah he made a huge scene and I felt really bad so of course I gave him some of my shake and he shut right up and kept drinking it. I totally feel used and tricked. 
  • Options
    @morgarita sounds like me as a kid.  o:)
  • Options
    @alcrimmins I sell LLR, too :) And I've hidden so much stuff in my FB feed it's unreal (including a ton of LLR  related stuff because, I for one, ain't got time for most of that.. lol).

@MamaRN13 I didn't either! AND my sister is a total asshole because she knew those were my favorite candy ever and didn't tell me. That was my photo of triumph when I finally found my own bag this year. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 35  
    Met: 2003
    Married: 2005
    TTC #1: May 2016
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 Girl, just let that cutie do what she wants. Take a break!  :D

@morgarita Oh no! I'm sure he was fine but he totally played you! lol I can laugh b/c I would have been played too!

@krys You've got mail! I spent all day doing a complete inventory check. I'm dead!
  • Options
    Okay, so not friday. BUT, my friend is about 8 weeks behind me pregnancy wise, and she is JUST starting to feel nauseous. And while I feel for her, and want to help, I can't help but to feel like "yes! I don't feel that way anymore, yay!".