UO 1/19

NxyNxy member
edited January 2017 in August 2017 Moms
Anyone got an unpopular opinion??

Edit to fix gif
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UO 1/19

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, same.  We are trying to plan ways to distract ourselves this weekend so we don't just dwell on it and sit around in despair.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I think it is interesting that although he supposedly got the most votes... everyone I talk to hates him... I mean I live in California so it's heavy Democrats here. But even all of my friends and family in the Mid West and East Coast don't like him. So strange.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm definitely not watching tomorrow! I wanted to go to the Women's March in DC on Sat, but my husband is coaching all day and MIL (our normal babysitter for long occasions) is going to the march herself. I'm not going to try to bring both kids. Too hectic.
    I have to think about my UO...
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• Sorry ladies. I voted Gary Johnson so I think my vote apparently counted for trump somehow? Still not sure how we got here. What the F America. 

My UO is Five Finger Death Punch. It's like the worst music I have ever heard in my life. And the lyrics are garbage. And that shit is all over the radio here. I don't get it? So people really like that shit? Who are these people?? 
  • Not unpopular opinion with me either!  I check my social media and the news alot throughout my work day. I have vowed to myself to stay off of them tomorrow but don't know what I will do with my time instead. (Maybe I could actually get some work done... novel concept!)  I'm thinking of downloading some movies to have on as background or something. I just refuse to watch. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Russian President Donald Trump. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MY UO I support baby showers for later babies (not just the first) especially if it is a different gender or it has been a LONG time in between babies. Like, you know 8 years... 

I am hoping someone will throw me a baby shower with this baby as I never got one with my oldest, never got one with my second... I just want to have a babu celebrating party and maybe get some cute clothes and handmade blankies and lovies (lots of talented ladies in my village!). I can buy the big stuff, and really we can only fit a mini crib/co sleeper, a play pen, a swing or bouncy chair, and a high chair that straps on to a regular chair. 
  • I think it is interesting that although he supposedly got the most votes... everyone I talk to hates him... I mean I live in California so it's heavy Democrats here. But even all of my friends and family in the Mid West and East Coast don't like him. So strange.
    He didn't get the most votes. Hillary won the popular vote by over 3 million votes! Trump voters are definitely out there though. I work with plenty and am related to a few sadly. 
  • @SarahBethBR I'll distract myself by practicing calligraphy with MIL. I'm journaling the pregnancy to keep track of nutrition, exercise, mood, etc. 
  • I live in Maryland, and I'm so sick of the inauguration coverage already.  I don't understand how we went from electing Obama, to.. whatever kind of sick circus this is.  I keep telling myself it's only four years, and it's entirely possible that he'll manage to get himself impeached at some point.  If he doesn't quit because it's too hard and impedes on his weekends.  Major side eye to the whole "starting on Monday" as president thing.

Anyway.  I'm still loosely following Weight Watchers, only to help keep my healthy food intake where it should be.  My new midwife (just moved earlier this year) made me feel awful about my weight, which isn't great but I'm definitely not the biggest girl out there.  I work out a lot, and she totally ignored that- literally she disappeared from the room, and came back with a paper on how to eat for gestational diabetes.  I was really embarassed, and now I'm just pissed about it.  I didn't have GD with DS, and my best friend is a foot shorter and 100lb lighter, and she had it with her first.  Being overweight doesn't automatically mean I'll have it.    /rants over.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

•  >:) Angry for you @ColoradoHiker I was severely obese with both pregnancies, but had an awesome OB and midwife. Never got GD either.  
  • @AKFarmerBecky Thanks, I'm definitely unhappy about it.  But this is the only midwives group associated with my hospital, and given the choice I'd like to go with them- I had a great experience with midwives with DS.  I'm hoping it's just this one lady, there's at least 7 or 8 that are a part of the whole group. 
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

• NxyNxy member
    @dmbfan46835 ... lol I listen to five finger death punch... I won't pretend like they've got the deepest music or anything but I enjoy it. I'm more of an alternative rock person normally but I like a lot of their songs. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dmbfan46835 sign me up as a FFDP fan!  I didn't like them much until I saw them live the first time.  They were so sweet to their fans and brought up this little boy and his mom on stage and let him help them.  It was too cute.  But, I do like their music too.  I've seen them in concert a handful of times.  I bet my UO specifically based on your screen name is that I can't stand Dave Matthews Band :)

@DeansGirl14 YES to Taco Bell!  Love that stuff!  We have another local chain called Taco Johns which is really popular here so TBs are so sparse here and it makes me sad.  My go to at TB is the Cheesy Gordita Crunch.  Yum!

@littlebug2010 I am right there with you on the lack of organization on here.  Yippy for more one off nausea threads and such.  There are plenty of weekly threads for those.  I roll my eyes every time a "new" topic thread comes up that was discussed on page two.

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @ColoradoHiker I'm a plus size momma and didn't have GD with my daughter. I will also say my dad has diabetes so we as a family test our blood sugar and mine is always the lowest even though I am not the most fit person in our family. 

My UO is that I'd be fine with having a FB group with you ladies at this point. I find mobile bumping so hard and not getting notifications stalls conversations.
  • NxyNxy member
    So go join a Facebook page ffs I'm so done talking about Facebook on here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @AKFarmerBecky Here is a really unpopular opinion. Throw your own! 

Honestly, everyone I know in person has thrown their own or at the very least been extremely involved in the planning and hosting. 

The only time I've been to a shower thrown by someone else was at work, when they didn't invite their coworkers to the actual shower. 

I've been to two showers for second or third babies. 

My husband didn't want to invite his friend to our future shower because we never got an invite to his second baby's shower. I had to explain to him that according to strangers on the Internet, you're  not "suppose" to have a shower. He couldn't understand that. 

No one I've talked to in real life has made a big deal about throwing your own baby shower. A good many of those people didn't know that you weren't suppose to. 

Just do it! Screw what anyone else says. If your friends have a hard stance on it, they can choose not to show up. 

Don't let anyone else ruin your happiness. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ColoradoHiker right. Weight means nothing. My first baby I had GD and I started my pregnancy at a healthy weight of 125 and only gained 30lbs the whole pregnancy. 
  • @Nyx it's my UO. You don't have to like it. Not sure why you are so offended by it. 
  • @Natsuki
    I probably will. The Native community here does "Community feeds" to celebrate everything - basically one family hosting/cooking other people bringing some stuff here and there, giant party, tons of people and food :) I love it. If we don't have a pre-baby shower, I will do a feed for everyone after baby.
  • @bumpybump glad I could bring you some amusement :)
  • NxyNxy member
    edited January 2017
    @Leni410 I'm not offended. My opinion is different than yours. See, your opinion is you'd like to join a fb group and my opinion is if you want to, go join one. My exasperation comes from this being the billionth time this has been discussed on here. No one is keeping anyone here, go forth and find a fb group. 

**edit changed an "and" to an "a"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ColoradoHiker I'm in Maryland too!
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• I've never had Taco Bell  :#
  • @DeansGirl14 and @bumpybump I can not remember the last time I ate at Taco Bell. But I do remember loving those cinnamon twists. Maybe I need to try it again. My DH is Mexican so we eat authentic Mexican all the time, but maybe some really fake Mexican is just what I have been missing. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @DeansGirl14 and @bumpybump I can not remember the last time I ate at Taco Bell. But I do remember loving those cinnamon twists. Maybe I need to try it again. My DH is Mexican so we eat authentic Mexican all the time, but maybe some really fake Mexican is just what I have been missing. 
    I'm laughing so hard at fake Mexican. I just don't know what it is about fast food. We make breakfast burritos at home- meat, cheese, peppers, eggs. Do they taste anywhere as good as a McDonald's breakfast burrito? NO. What do fast food companies put in their food? Crack? Fake apparently tastes way better than homemade. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bumpybump oh girl you know it! Lol Actually I'm not super into dave anymore, like I was when I was younger, and with no real life responsibilities. It's from my email address that I have had (and still use!) since I was 16 so I just used that as my screen name.

Now here in my city there is really no good variety in music. We don't even have a hip hop station. And I feel like every other song is FFDP. And all their songs sound the same. he's always complaining about some shit. And there's always some break where he like talks over the music about something. Their guitar and bass is pretty good IMO but I just can't handle the rest! 
  • NxyNxy member
    @Livlew whaaaaaaat??? How?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nxy I don't know... It just never happened. I moved to the US in 2007 and lived in an area with tons of authentic Mexican restaurants (pretty large Mexican population) and just got used to go to one of those places. I also have never been to an Olive Garden! Although I do eat fast food (McDonald's and Chick Fil A) I mostly go to one-off restaurants when I eat out. 
  • NxyNxy member
    @LivLew it's hard for me to wrap my head around because one of my pregnancy cravings is taco bell chicken quesadillas. I guess if I had a bunch of good Mexican food around I'd probably not eat taco bell either lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker