March 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker 1/18

For those due 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, 3/29

How far along are you:

How big is baby:

Upcoming appointments this week:

Any new symptoms or changes:

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: What plans do you have for family involvement during hospital and after?  ( Any advice needed, ask)

Re: Wednesday Ticker 1/18

• direwolfminidirewolfmini member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you: 31 weeks

How big is baby: Romaine Lettuce or Asparagus

Upcoming appointments this week: Had one Monday. Cried all the way home. Everything is fine. I'm fine. The babies are fine, but I'm done. I'm tired and everything hurts and I can't keep on working, but they won't put me on disability. Baby A is still breech. While I do still have some time, all signs point to a scheduled C Section.

Any new symptoms or changes: Severe pelvic pain when I walk, when i shift positions in bed, when I shift positions in a chair. I don't know how I'm going to deal with this for 7 more weeks. Depression. The pelvic pain started today, the depression has been coming on for weeks. I am calling my doctor back to talk about it today, because I just don't think its feasible for me to continue on working (half of the time) at the office. 1/2 mile walk from the train, and the office is huge so I am constantly walking from meeting to meeting.

Rants/Raves: My shower was Sunday, now I feel like I don't have anything to look forward to other than more work, and crippling pain until I deliver... which is way to far away. I'm not in a good place right now.

GTKY: What plans do you have for family involvement during hospital and after?  ( Any advice needed, ask) Having my mom help a lot. She's going to stay with us in our basement. I would rather not have my MIL there at all, but I'm sure she'll show up.

My MIL is difficult, really really difficult and she has a codependent relationship with my husband. He's her baby, and is physically disabled. She is very strong willed and stubborn and doesn't think any one's opinions (other than hers) matter. She's from Poland and puts stock in old wives tales above modern medicine. 

All of these things make me really nervous that she's going to show up and try to take over. I'm not going to be playing nice. I'll probably have a CSection, so i won't be able to physically fight her, but i'd consider it.

***ETA, sorry for the sob story
  • How far along are you: 32 weeks today

How big is baby:  Baby weighed 5.5 lbs today at our growth ultrasound.  Per the aps:  squash, head of lettuce, hard hat, armadillo, Florida Pomelo 

Upcoming appointments this week:  tomorrow my OB appt

Any new symptoms or changes:  just a big baby.  She's measuring at 32 weeks, but a big chubby girl.  Nesting is kicking in.  

Rants/Raves: Rant:  Just that I will probably have to start taking insulin to get my blood sugar numbers down  (glyburide I think is what they said).  

GTKY: What plans do you have for family involvement during hospital and after?  ( Any advice needed, ask)  - Well I'm pretty sure my family won't come into town until after we come home.  I'm also pretty sure that my in-laws will be there...which could go well or go completely on the crazy train.  I'm not afraid to tell them to leave though.  Ideally I'd like them to leave me be for a while so my hubby and I could bond with our new baby girl.
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Loading the player...
  • @direwolfmini :'( Hugs!  It sounds like you are really struggling!  I'm hoping your doctor will listen to your request and will be understanding. I got my own issues but it's nothing compared to carrying twins. Even though you can't fight your MIL, I'd like to fight my own, can you discuss some basic rules with your DH that he can support you and help lay down some of those rules? Could your mom tell MIL to back it up?
  • @disneybaby84 This has been a 6 year struggle with my MIL. She doesn't understand what is appropriate and what is not.

We lived with her briefly and one night she bust into our room in the middle of the night because she heard him crying... He wasn't crying, we were having sex. 

She is pretty manipulative, he tried to lay down the law when we moved into our house a year and a half ago. He thanked her for always being there and helping us get everything squared away but asked that she give us some space to figure stuff out for ourselves, and asked her to call before she shows up to the house. SHE LOST IT. She went on and on about how all she's ever done is try to take care of him and that he was throwing that in her FACE and that all she was going to do was put a bottle of champagne on our table for when we got there, but that she wouldn't because we don't appreciate her...

So, i'm not looking forward to having a meaningful convo about our children, if she lost her shit about a house.
  • How far along are you: 34 weeks

How big is baby: butternut squash

Upcoming appointments this week:  mine was Friday past, baby was 4 lbs and a few ounces, doc said baby is 2 days small. Still on target for March 1st. Doc gave a recommendation for the pediatrician his kids see. I have been eating all sorts of pregnant lady foods since the doc said baby was small. But being that I am one short lady, I am glad I don't have a large baby, couldn't do it.

Any new symptoms or changes: sharp pains, i thought they were BH but now I'm thinking maybe RLP. Regular back pain now, larger belly, more round, the boobies are a bit more bouncy.

Rants/Raves:  Rave: Hubby got a bonus in Friday's paycheck, we've been able to buy a lot for baby as well as hospital bag and nursing clothes, I'm feeling much more at ease. We have most of the big things organized.  Just had an idea this week that MIL might be happier skyping with the baby, so we're going to try to propose that idea and see if that suffices, since having her after baby is no good as I said in my after Christmas b fest.  My baby shower is Feb 5 and my mom has finally agreed to share my registry with my hometown, so I feel limethis baby will be taken care of.

GTKY: What plans do you have for family involvement during hospital and after:  Immediate family all lives out of state, hospital will be DH and I, might let my best friend bring coffee and food to hospital.  The first week home, my sister will stay with us, she's had 3 kids her most recent being August 2016, so her job is to give us first timers  the secrets we need. The third week is my mom. She's staying a whole week, which more time I can normally spend with her. I can normally tolerate her for about 2-3 days. She's a bossy, pushy lady and doesn't hear the word "no". But she is good at cooking and cleaning. My job is to bite my tongue and not get in an argument, especially when she starts getting bossy and pushy.
  • How far along are you: 31 weeks

How big is baby: Romaine Lettuce or Asparagus

Upcoming appointments this week: I had one last week and one this coming Tuesday. Passed my sugar test so I am pretty happy.

Any new symptoms or changes: Sleep is all but non-existent. my back and hips are killing me. I can feel Im all out of whack bc even laying down hurts.

Rants/Raves: My shower was Saturday and holy cow do I have alot to do. We still haven't orderd furniture and just finished painting the room last Thurs. On the up side the room is a lovely shade of aqua and we got several very nice things. Down side? SOOOOO much to do.

GTKY: What plans do you have for family involvement during hospital and after?  ( Any advice needed, ask) Well,.....my mother plans to fly in for the birth or at a minimum for the time after to help me with him and our 17mo. That's should to be nice ....if she doesn't do anything to get on my nerves. Im about 50/50 on whether or not its a good idea.

As for the room....well with my daughter it was just he and I.....my mother did not come down and his parents showed up the later in the day when she was born. I really don't want anyone else there. And....to be honest.....I feel obligated to allow my mom in if she flies down. But I really don't want her there.

• disneybaby84 yikes your MIL sounds crazy
  • @direwolfmini if it helps, on one of my birthdays, DH and I were at Disney, we get a phone call from MIL's father saying MIL  had overdosed on pills and was on suicide floor at hospital. MIL was trying to get attention, it was not a real suicide attempt,and it ruined my birthday. Ohh and she knew it was my birthday and knew we were at Disney. I know she did it on purpose. The whole family was calling us all day pressuring us to go the hospital, we spent so much time on the phone with family, with the nurses at the hospital. 
  • How far along are you: 33 weeks

How big is baby: celery or a junior tennis racquet!

Upcoming appointments this week:  I do not have anything this week!

Any new symptoms or changes: As always, the heartburn continues. My doctor said that it will continue until she's out of there!

Rants/Raves: Rave: the nursery looks like a nursery! I also had a handy man re-caulk both showers/tubs in our bathrooms so they are all nice and fresh for baby to bathe in so that is one less thing to worry about. Rant: time is ticking and the anxiety is creeping up!

GTKY: What plans do you have for family involvement during hospital and after?  ( Any advice needed, ask) My mom is a registered nurse and also we are extremely close. This is her first grandchild. I am strongly considering her to be in the labor/delivery room with us because I think her and my husband could really tag team if on my needs if i am struggling or having a hard time. Anyone have experience with having your mom with you? 
  • @direwolfmini HUGS! You got this momma!

@disneybaby84 AHHHH your MIL sounds like a nightmare. So sorry!
  • Sorry to post and ghost earlier. I ended up having to go in for an emergency appointment today (even though I was JUST THERE YESTERDAY). The pelvic pain I was experiencing was not normal. 

I had a non stress test and everything was fine with that. Baby A had hiccups during the test, it was pretty cute actually. 

@mecoats sorry that you're having trouble with the GD. Hang in there.

@rw3190 Congrats on passing the GD test! I know what you mean about there being soo much to d@DisneyFan33

@disneybaby84 UGH! That sounds awful. What the heck is up with manipulative MILs? I've already sworn that I will NOT be a crappy MIL to my sons' wives! I'm so happy to hear about your husband's bonus! That must really help to ease your mind! OH unrelated, I got a mailing from babies r us in the mail, and Disney Baby clothes are 25% off. I saw this one and thought of you! https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=64631426&cp=2255956.2262937.4043072.12208355.60254166.60254186&parentPage=family

@lindsey2017 FTM, but I have a similar relationship with my mom. She was also a registered nurse, then taught nursing for many years before retiring a month ago (perfect timing!) These are her first grand kids. I will have her in the L&D room because I feel like she will be my BEST advocate because she speaks medical jargon and can stay cool in high stress medical situations. Our relationship is also the type that I could tell her, "This isn't working, I think it would be better if you went to the waiting room." and she would listen and understand. Unfortunately, with twins I have to deliver in an OR with only one +1 (my husband), but if I deliver naturally I can labor in a L&D room before moving to the OR, so she'd still get to be there. I would suggest you have a conversation with your mom, let her know you'd like her there but that you don't know what labor will be like and don't want to hurt her feelings if you have to ask her to leave. 

• @direwolfmini. so sorry you're having severe pelvic pain. good to hear the babies are okay. Hope today is a better day for you! Thanks for thinking of me and my disney baby!  Hugs!1 You're doing good!