Small Head Growth — The Bump
High-Risk Pregnancy

Small Head Growth

I'm 33 weeks pregnant with Di/Di twin boys.  All of their growth scans to date have been good.  Went in for a routine scan (hadn't had one in 6 weeks) and the boys are measuring at 29% and 28%.   However their heads (which were previously in the relative same percentage as their other measurements) had slipped to 5% and 4%.  We are scheduled to see an MFM next week for more information.  Anyone had a similar experience?  I'm not sure what to think and as we all Dr. Google can scare the crap out of you.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Small Head Growth

• Any exposure to Zika? Did they give any possible explanations as to why? Twins can and often do measure behind (I was born at 4 lb. 13 oz.) but I would think they should be somewhat proportional at 33 weeks. Fingers crossed for you, Mama. Try really hard to remember that worrying does no good.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • No exposure to Zika.  I live in the US in the south where I don't believe there have been any reported cases.  @NYTino24 - thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml